Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

For like 10 seconds before that I was aiming the move in front of me. Idk if the analog stick flicked back too hard right during the input or something but I lost my loving mind finally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
You can try the move aim setting where the default direction a move aims is wherever you're pointing your left joystick

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

AverySpecialfriend posted:

You can try the move aim setting where the default direction a move aims is wherever you're pointing your left joystick

Like a twin stick shooter??

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Wormskull posted:

Like a twin stick shooter??

I guess so yeah, I like it for dashes so you can just dash whatever direction you were already going

very nice i like
Jan 8, 2020

I CANT RESIST SHITTING UP THE BIG BOOBS THREAD WITH MY RANDOM FUCKING MONKEY CHEESE BULLSHIT! IF YOU SEE ME, FUCK ME UP.

Wormskull posted:

I still haven’t learned how to understand the flow of these kinds of games so I need to know to things. One is what the he’ll am I supposed to worry about the most for the first quarter and also if I’m a Defender am I supposed to be starting poo poo off. And if so how do I know when that’s appropriate. Something I always find about these games is I feel like I miss what I’m supposed to pay attention to and then I’m always doing the wrong thing or my timing is bad. Am I just supposed to use the wall and then let other people go in and mop up before entering myself. I’m struggling to know how I could Defend someone if I had to besides a stun or a wall or if that’s it. I have the concept of tanking in these games all wrong.

Playing these games is kind of like driving, you have to pay attention to everything as it comes up or else you risk crashing from a small error that snowballs. As a defender I'd stick to using your crowd control to protect your high dmg mons or shut down an enemy mon if its applicable. It usually depends if your team is good at blowing targets up quickly or if you just need time for everyone to rev up to win the damage race

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Being in the right place is probably the most important thing to learn in a game like this. Like if Zapdos is up you should probably be at Zapdos, if there's a big fight happening you should probably be at the fight, etc.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

10 minutes is a reasonable amount of time to just gently caress around experimenting which is how I usually learn games but it’s still too long if your playing with friends and ruining there game. :sigh:

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
everyone sucks bro. don't worry about it

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Quick battles seem cool, 5 mins and smaller teams and maps

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
my personal winning strat has been to disable the background music andd play a podcast or audiobook. the moment i start to really give a poo poo about a round, start sweating or like noticing how bad a teammate sucks, its all over for me

very nice i like
Jan 8, 2020

I CANT RESIST SHITTING UP THE BIG BOOBS THREAD WITH MY RANDOM FUCKING MONKEY CHEESE BULLSHIT! IF YOU SEE ME, FUCK ME UP.

Wormskull posted:

10 minutes is a reasonable amount of time to just gently caress around experimenting which is how I usually learn games but it’s still too long if your playing with friends and ruining there game. :sigh:

HolePisser1982 posted:

my personal winning strat has been to disable the background music andd play a podcast or audiobook. the moment i start to really give a poo poo about a round, start sweating or like noticing how bad a teammate sucks, its all over for me

this, you can't be attached to the outcome. think of it like gambling with your time and focus on having fun and/or pissing the enemy team off instead

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

very nice i like posted:

Playing these games is kind of like driving, you have to pay attention to everything as it comes up or else you risk crashing from a small error that snowballs.

nice simile

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Cursed thread

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

The music is outrageous.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

American McGay posted:

Cursed thread

The game is epic

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

the music sounds like one of the songs from yakuza 5 at 300% speed

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

dunno if it was posted but zapdos is basically a free 300 points cuz everything's doubled in the last 2 mins. definitely gotta rush that every time

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
zeraora seems like an infinitely better version of crustle

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

Cursed thread

Mad?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

zeraora seems like an infinitely better version of crustle
What makes him better? I haven't been able to try him yet because nobody else on my teams ever wants to play defender, so I've been playing a lot of Crustle.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
219/19/12/94 first Venusaur game. Oh my God.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

What makes him better? I haven't been able to try him yet because nobody else on my teams ever wants to play defender, so I've been playing a lot of Crustle.

the ability to flip a switch and do huge damage to everyone in melee distance, and also extreme mobility with his jump move, and his ult, all seem to be like twice as good as crustle’s. the huge damage output seems to massively outweigh crustle’s increased hp, and it seems like his power snowballs a lot harder

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
top tier: Ninetails, Zeraora, Snorlax, Cinderace
bottom tier: Slowbro, Venosaur, Crustle

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the big shark guy seems to be played almost exclusively by 5 year olds so im unable to judge his true power

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

HolePisser1982 posted:

the big shark guy seems to be played almost exclusively by 5 year olds so im unable to judge his true power

He’s epic I win 75% of my games with him

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

AverySpecialfriend posted:

219/19/12/94 first Venusaur game. Oh my God.

Oh my god

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

the ability to flip a switch and do huge damage to everyone in melee distance, and also extreme mobility with his jump move, and his ult, all seem to be like twice as good as crustle’s. the huge damage output seems to massively outweigh crustle’s increased hp, and it seems like his power snowballs a lot harder

He pisses me off since Crustle my favorite Pokémon that’s in the game atm.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
That item upgrade thing is pretty hosed up lol. God drat.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like that this is a MOBA for babies like myself but I wonder if anybody will be playing this in like. 4 days.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Finally having a game to play with my Dota freak friends is nice after 7 years of alienation.

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?

In Training posted:

I like that this is a MOBA for babies like myself but I wonder if anybody will be playing this in like. 4 days.

Nintendo has a way of being 5+ years late to trends but still sustaining due to high quality and nintendo magic
cf. BoTW

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
oh so now everyone loves MOBAS...

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

That Little Demon posted:

im following this thread and taking names

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bought Eldegoss with uhh. The gold coins. 6,000 of them.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

That Little Demon posted:

dude, finally me watching the dota international every year was for something

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

HolePisser1982 posted:

dude, finally me watching the dota international every year was for something

just watching?

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

top tier: Ninetails, Zeraora, Snorlax, Cinderace
bottom tier: Slowbro, Venosaur, Crustle

pikachu is also def top toet and slowbro is good when you link up with multiple attackers the whole game. being able to paralyze ppl lets you set up good ambushes

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

241871G

gonna be playing off and on today. gengar bitch

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

my automated code is loving sick. 24 hrs a day ill 187 that rear end cuz im 1 g. straight up lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

my automated code is loving sick. 24 hrs a day ill 187 that rear end cuz im 1 g. straight up lol