Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

im assuming this is free so ill give it a go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

The glorious bastards did it, they made a game more awesome than Awesomenauts..

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

played abunch this afternoon, game owns

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

insane anime posted:

so in mobas traditionally you get gold in the match (everyone starts at 0, killing poo poo gets u gold) then in that match u use that gold to buy the items for your build.

isee this game has "hold items" is that like something u buy in each match or? what the gently caress is this

i dont think you can buy items during a match, but you get passive and active item slots once you rank up to level 5 and 10

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

copy and pasting from resetera
PSA: save your coins and don’t buy the Pokémon you can get for free!

14-day welcome can get you Alolan Ninetales, Cinderace and Greninja.

Beginner challenge can get you Crustle.

Trainer level can get you Slowpoke and Venusaur.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

got a couple rounds in with ninetails and snorlax, both seem beastly

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I’m using this guy’s control settings and havent really had any issues. ill occasionally autotarget a little lovely mob over an enemy still but whatever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwapABI5Pzo

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

biggest control change u can make is definitely switching from Basic to Advanced controls (A button targets players, B button targets mobs)

edit: mother FUCKER

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Quick battles seem cool, 5 mins and smaller teams and maps

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

my personal winning strat has been to disable the background music andd play a podcast or audiobook. the moment i start to really give a poo poo about a round, start sweating or like noticing how bad a teammate sucks, its all over for me

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

zeraora seems like an infinitely better version of crustle

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

What makes him better? I haven't been able to try him yet because nobody else on my teams ever wants to play defender, so I've been playing a lot of Crustle.

the ability to flip a switch and do huge damage to everyone in melee distance, and also extreme mobility with his jump move, and his ult, all seem to be like twice as good as crustle’s. the huge damage output seems to massively outweigh crustle’s increased hp, and it seems like his power snowballs a lot harder

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

top tier: Ninetails, Zeraora, Snorlax, Cinderace
bottom tier: Slowbro, Venosaur, Crustle

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the big shark guy seems to be played almost exclusively by 5 year olds so im unable to judge his true power

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

That Little Demon posted:

oh so now everyone loves MOBAS...

dude, finally me watching the dota international every year was for something

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

this is my go-to game for when i just want a quick session. hopefully i never give the rat bastards a cent

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

Constantly. They're made by the devs to keep queue times down, supposedly. Check the license pics of the teams you fight. If you find ones that all have the same zoomed-in pics, that's a bot team. I've even had games where the other four players on my team are bots too. They also pick their Pokemon weird, don't speak on the selection screen, and have terrible AI. I decided to quit after the latest patch when I realized that rather than remove the bots, the devs just improved their AI. That's too much work to put into exactly the wrong decision.

I think you only get a bot match if you’re on a losing streak, lol. You cant even win 1/4 of your matches against eight year olds? who can barely reach the buttons with their shrimpy little thumbs? you loving scrub?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

FAU = the charmander that just slowly walks into the enemy. and just gives off an aura of being completely lost & in way over his head