Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I think the bengals have a top ten skill position player group. I think zack Taylor is so far in over his head that he might as well have an anchor tied to him though.

Anyway I would love to post up about the TITANS but will have to do it tomorrow. Good thread idea though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I honestly am not convinced the Texans are going to be THAT bad. I could see them going 4-13, not good by any means but Tyrod ain’t that bad

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The Tennessee Tits

What looks promising:

The Titans have arguably the best skill position player group in the league, a top ten quarterback, and Isaiah Wilson is no longer on the team.

What looks ominous:

Oh man. Our incredible offensive coordinator from the last two seasons has taken a head coaching job for Atlanta. Todd Downing has stepped in to replace him. He has had one season as an OC for the raiders and it didn’t go great. The personnel is such that it seems like it should be impossible to gently caress up this offense though.

The defense was arguably the worst in the league last year under Shane Bowen. He has been given a completely overhauled secondary, overhauled line, and Jim Schwartz to hover over his shoulder. It would be shocking if this unit could possibly be any worse than last season but we’ll see.

A lot of our best talent (Julio, lewan, saffold, tannehill) are either old or frequently banged up.

Keys to the season:

Better coaching on defense, or a scheme that fits the personnel we have brought in. Whatever.

Improved development from Firkser and Swaim.

Guys to watch:

Kevin Byard: ol Kev went from an allpro and arguably the most consistently excellent player on our defense to the last man standing from a nightmare unit last year. He was moved from a more freeranging, ball hawking role which he excelled in previously. He led the team in tackles last season. If a safety is leading your team in tackles your defense sucks poo poo. If he has another bad season this year his contract will probably become unjustifiable. Which sucks because he was a total stud before dumb old Shane Bowen hosed everything up.

The WR Room: ASSUMING CLEAN HEALTH FOR ALL PARTIES INVOLVED this WR room is a top 2 or 3 group leaguewide at a minimum. AJ Brown is the best receiver in the league with the ball in his hands and now he has Julio Jones across from him. Josh Reynolds is going to be running against single coverage 100% of the time he is in games. I told you that story so I could tell you the following one:

Derrick Henry: dude is going to Either face less stacked boxes than at any point over the past three seasons and rack up a thousand stiff arms on overmatched slot corners, OR teams will continue trying to sell out against him and tannehill and the boys will pick apart every defense in the league. I have to assume he will have less carries on his shoulders this season due to a somewhat more robust group of backup RBs and the WR room. I also am assuming he might just hit 2K again anyway because of the extra game added to the schedule.

Realistic best case scenario:

Super bowl babey. If the defense is even mediocre rather than the unmitigated nightmare of last season this team can definitely hang with the ravens and chiefs.

Realistic worst case scenario:

Injuries to a top heavy offense and no improvement on defense could torpedo the season but even in that event we had a total garbage fest on D last year and still won eleven games. Worst case scenario is probably 8-9 barring a Tannehill or Henry injury

My prediction:

Need to see improvement from Bowen’s Boyz before I can go hogwild but assuming decent health on offense I think their floor is 11-6 and a division win. My prediction is 12-5 and at least one playoff win.