Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

My not very in dept take,

Minnesota Vikings

What looks promising:

The offense was very good last season and potentially got a lot better with the drafting of Christian Darrisaw and Wyatt Davis. How much continuity there is on offense depends on the son of the last OC. Klint Kubiak takes over from his dad. He has earned the chance but it's always a question when the new guy is on his first go round calling the plays.

The QB and RB are in the good to great category and the wideout are solidly in the great category. Kirk responded to a "Need more points" year with 4,265 yards and 35 TD's. Justin Jefferson made Eagle fans hate their GM by having a stellar year. He broke a couple of team records held by Randy Moss.

The defense has been rebuilt. By the end of last season the great majority of the starters were wearing starter jackets on the sideline. If the team manages to stay healthy there's a lot of talent. Mike Zimmer did his best coaching job last season getting seven wins out of team whose defense was constantly losing it's best players. Almost any other coach and the team falls apart and never gets more than 3 wins.

What looks ominous:

Special teams is a question, also how fast does the defense come together?

Keys to the season:

How will Darrisaw and Davis play? They are rookies but they are also the best option at their positions.

How long will it take the defense to get into a grove? There's a lot of new pieces and most of the vets lost parts of last season. Having a preseason will help. Which of the other defensive ends will emerge as the starter opposite Hunter?

Realistic best case scenario

Playoffs and a NFC Championship appearance. Beyond that depends on how the defense is playing.

Realistic worst case scenario

Playoffs and an early exit or the offense gets the injury bug and they fall just short of the playoffs.

My prediction

The team will spend the first quarter of the season adjusting on offense and defense and probably won't look all that sharp before getting very solid. There's a tough stretch where they play Baltimore, Green Bay, SF and Pittsburgh within a six game span. That will tell a lot about the team.

12-5 to 10-7 seems a realistic range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I'm going to have to revise my prediction based on the dumb antivaxers on the team that won't get the shot.