Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

The Inner Circle/Pinnacle feud needed one less "thing" in it. Like either do Blood and Guts OR Stadium Stampede. It feels like it's gone on a bit long. But where it is now, is exactly where I was hoping it would be where each unit within the faction is tangled up in their own feud. Like, I'm really interested to see where this 5 labors of Jericho thing goes now that they've shown they're willing to do absolute anything and of course FTR v PnP has for several months now been the match I'm most excited to see. Even more than Kenny/Hangman (although I know that one is going to heat up a great deal before All Out)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

the best way to move on, imo, is with the tjpw show airing RIGHT NOW!!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

also i am so goddamn happy for lance

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Oh Snapple! posted:

the best way to move on, imo, is with the tjpw show airing RIGHT NOW!!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3974148

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I never thought Chavo was very good in the ring and his WWE entrance music intro stinger is my least favorite thing in wrestling music ever, but I think he's a good fit with Andrade as a translator for us ignorant rear end single language people who took two years of German in high school instead of Spanish cause it was a slack course even though it wasn't useful and I retained nothing and oh God I would do so much different if I could go back in time but yeah Chavo seems pretty good.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

The Stroker Ace posted:

I have important news, I won’t be able to shitpost next week because I bought a lovely ticket to the show!!!

I’m pretty introverted so going to something big like this alone is a big deal for me, but I’m really excited.

hey! it's going to be really fun and you're going to have a great time :)

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

karmicknight posted:

Doctor Baker is going to benefit from AEW's hot crowds in a way Hikaru Shida didn't have too (because she was good enough technically to carry the belt during the pandemic).

solid take here. Shida will some day be remembered as an absolute legend for how she kept that title legitimate and entertaining through horrible times. I can’t think of a single bad match in that Shida reign.

I thought the Eddie tribute spot and the new twist on it was really cool and a great bit of booking for whoever came up with it. It just showed how clever they both are instead of the usual wrestling trope of someone being a total dunce and falling for every trick a heel does.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Pinwiz11 posted:

Chavo also did all training for GLOW, I think.

He did. He trained the actresses and acted as the consultant on wrestling for the show overall, but they cancelled GLOW like last year so he's been available for a while. Wouldn't surprise me if it turned out he was first approached to be a coach and when they decided the Vickie/Andrade combo wasn't working that he could be an on-screen guy, too.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm still at the show watching elevation (no worries, won't say anything about it) but I've got some thoughts:

1)I'm hoarse as hell.

2)Britt is held up by everything but her ring work. She's gotta get better. Still, enjoyed the match. Did not make that win against Nyla look easy at all.

3)This venue's concession stand sucks more poo poo than any I've ever seen.

4)Sting and OC's shin kickoff. TK, I know you browse this forum and thank you.

5)The crowd kinda ruined that Kaz/Gallows match because they were cheering for Gallows and 2 sweets nonstop. They suck.

6)I have enjoyed this show immensely but I look at next week's card and I am jealous as hell.

7)Lance Archer finally got his big win and I lost my goddamn mind. gently caress yeah, that match owned huge.

PS: I had a friend actually wrestle on Dark. Crowd around me was confused as hell when I was loudly marking out.

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

Jordan7hm posted:

I thought it was slow and sloppy at parts but the highs were really high, and that made it a match I enjoyed watching.

This is where I'm at with it. I had fun, the Eddie tribute spot was fantastic, Nyla looked pretty strong by taking her time tapping, the crowd were into it, and I enjoyed it. Totally fine for a TV match.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

SonicRulez posted:

- Gallows/Kaz was a waste of time. Love to see Kenny and Hangman, but this feud could've used a week off. Just nothing accomplished here.
- Britt and Nyla flopped pretty hard. They had some good spots and a nice hot ending. The crowd loves Britt enough that they hung in there. But eesh, this sucked the life out of the show for me and it didn't get better for some time.

aight so im not the only one. firstly i thought the audio mix was absolutely loving atrocious, like you'd have the commentators saying the crowds going nuts and you couldn't hear anything thru the tv speakers, maybe the worst it's ever been. and JR's mic was hosed at the onset. i thought the gallows/kaz match took the loving gas out of the show watching at home and britt/nyla didn't pick it up

main event kicked loving rear end tho. lot of violence, couple hands up to the tv

i enjoy watching aew dynamite on wednesdays

bartok
May 10, 2006

I appreciated that Moxley heeled it up for the hometown boy.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Eat My Fuc posted:

Name your Gage top five AEW dream matches…

Gage v. Omega
Gage v. Fenix
Gage v. Evil Uno
Gage v. Andrade el Idolo
Gage v. John Silver for the AEW world title.

Gumball Gumption posted:

Gage vs. Matt Hardy
Gage vs. Chavo
Gage vs. Big Paul
Gage vs. Alex Abrahantes
Gage vs. Jake Hager

Rhonne posted:

Gage vs Ryan Nemeth

Gage vs Pretty Peter

Couldn't agree more friends, what a time to be an AEW fan

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I'm going to the Charlotte show next week. who is nick gage and why is everyone so excited?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i hope tony gives nick gage enough money that he can start doing white collar crimes

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

zimbomonkey posted:

I'm going to the Charlotte show next week. who is nick gage and why is everyone so excited?

hes a cool deathmatch wrestler who robbed a bank without a mask went to prison and came out and he's gang affiliated and will gently caress you up. but rly he's just a cool wrestler who gives off a special energy that not many people have. he's a sweetheart

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

bartok posted:

I appreciated that Moxley heeled it up for the hometown boy.

Agreed. By the end of the match the crowd were so hot to see Archer win. It was masterfully done

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

yea ok posted:

hes a cool deathmatch wrestler who robbed a bank without a mask went to prison and came out and he's gang affiliated and will gently caress you up. but rly he's just a cool wrestler who gives off a special energy that not many people have. he's a sweetheart

https://twitter.com/thekingnickgage/status/1418031590412857346?s=20

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

That match made me super excited for Mox's eventual heel turn.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

AEW has shown me the wonders of like three dozen or more wrestlers I've never heard of / never seen any matches of before already so I'm ready for more

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

zimbomonkey posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVbeFdkV49g

this is nick gage op

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

StarkRavingMad posted:

One other thing worth mentioning is that if Chavo sticks around, he's got a lot of upside aside from just being Andrade's mouthpiece. In Lucha Underground, he was a wrestler at first but primarily moved into a backstage coach/agent position in the later seasons and was reportedly pretty good at that. And has experience working with a good chunk of AEW's roster in that role.

Chavo was head booker and EP, wasn't he? He did a drat good job.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/thekingnickgage/status/1389383402281967618?s=20
https://twitter.com/thekingnickgage/status/1389386054235529220?s=20
https://twitter.com/thekingnickgage/status/1395064852255739909?s=20

a great sequence of tweets

also:

https://twitter.com/thekingnickgage/status/1392240167105273862?s=20

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

Very important to stress he dressed like a bank robber when he went to the ring before he robbed a bank but like MJF said he didn't wear a mask when robbing a bank.

Also wanted to go finish a match while bleeding to death.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

You're all burying the lede here. He nearly killed David Arquette.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Also I hope the AEW locker room is good for that dude.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It cannot be stressed that Nick Gage was loving dead from a deathmatch at one point.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He's for the kids

https://twitter.com/SrJaialai/status/1218403834629971968

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

The Cameo posted:

I would guess at some point he probably hashed out what his ideas for the belt were with someone from the New Japan booking team (probably Rocky), it went through Gedo, Gedo said “I like it!” and NJPW gave him the approval to run the booking he came up with, with New Japan asking that they try to keep challengers to guys either currently tied to or with strong pasts with New Japan and to book the belt strongly as it’s their co-secondary title alongside the NEVER belt now.

I have to imagine Archer will suddenly be added to the NJPW Resurgence card on August 14th, defend the belt there, carry it around on Dynamite for a bit, defend it every so often, and either fly over for the Wrestle Grand Slam show in September, Power Struggle in November, or just holds onto it until the Dome in January and drops it to Cobb on a New Japan show.

Archer's been talking about wanting to go back to NJPW for months now, so it's probably a "since Lance is coming back to us, and we want the title back in-house, put the belt on him please." thing. The NJPW titles are entirely controlled by NJPW (according to Meltzer), so any ideas come from them on that front, and Tony works with what they want.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
The Vice Dark Side of the Ring ep of Nick Gage is really good if you haven't seen it.

..and is narrated by Chris Jericho *eyes emoji*

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
also what is puro pinche 956 alavarga

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The one thing I know for sure about Nick Gage is that I definitely do not want to fight Nick Gage

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Man, AEW is really channeling the late 90's wrestling "anything can happen" vibe and it loving rules. Wrestling is fun again.

Also, Gage's intro cracked me up because it made me think of when Ogie Oglethorpe is introduced in Slap Shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLBy_A-53io

Zombie Lemur fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jul 22, 2021

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

For anyone wondering about Nick Gage, just google dark side of the ring nick gage and you'll be introduced to him pretty well.

Just... prepare for some gnarly poo poo if you're squeamish about blood, light tubes, pizza cutters, barbed wire, fire, glass windows...

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I really enjoyed the Andrade segment.

I really like how PAC kinda looked like he was uncertain if he should be angry or really angry at the language he doesn't understand.

Generally a show I really enjoyed all the way through anyway. I watched WWE this week and it just astounds me how much snappier and more powerful the pacing is in AEW.

yea ok posted:

thought it was mostly sloppy & lovely but it really doesnt bother me that much.
yeah same here.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Vince MechMahon posted:

You're all burying the lede here. He nearly killed David Arquette.

Hearing the logic behind what happened in that match on Dark Side was surreal.

Arquette: Okay Nick, I'm good with anything out there but please don't cut me.

Nick: Hahaha (what the gently caress I'm cutting the poo poo out of this loser)

Arquette: My god he's cutting the poo poo out of me, I need to defend myself or I'm going to die.

Nick: What the gently caress is he shooting? I'm shooting then and ending this

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Dynamite thoughts:

They should put Sour Boy on tv

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

DeathChicken posted:

Arquette: My god he's cutting the poo poo out of me, I need to defend myself or I'm going to die.

Arquette was fine with being cut, just not his face.

And yeah, the logic was hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

DeathChicken posted:

It was less intense than that, he said he was fine with anything as long as it wasn't on his face (Because he's an actor)

Then Nick Gage pulled out a pizza cutter and starting slicing his forehead and mouth

The "Jugular stabbing" was a total accident, Arquette winced at a light tube spot and it sliced up his neck and he started to panic, dropping kayfabe for a minute in shock. He went back to finish the match and then went straight to the hospital. Nick Gage, being Nick Gage thought he was being a coward