Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Dark Order Kool-Aid (Not As Bad As We Thought) is incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

"the first dance" at the united center

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Pylons posted:

https://twitter.com/AngelicoAAA/status/1420430563710734345

Is Angelico hinting that the trios division is going to be under Lucha Tag rules?

Can someone explain the difference?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Digital Jedi posted:

6-Man: tags work like a normal tag match

Trios/Lucha: leaving the ring counts as automatic tag without having to make contact with a partner.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Digital Jedi posted:

In lucha libre if a wrestler leaves the ring another member of his team may come into the ring. You can also make tags.

In traditional tag wrestling you need to tag your partner to come in.

Of course for the full lucha experience this should be conducted 2/3 falls, Captain's Fall rules to leave everyone confused.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Digital Jedi posted:

under lucha rules, if the legal man leaves the ring, one of his partners can just come in without a tag

edit: beaten

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Thanks! That sounds pretty cool if AEW adapts it given how crazy their tag matches get.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Captain's fall is CMLL specific isn't it? It has been a loving while since I last watched lucha. (thanks AAA lawsuit)

Captain's fall 2/3 does own though.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
FTR are going to team up with JR as a trios team and get extremely grumpy.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pylons posted:

https://twitter.com/AngelicoAAA/status/1420430563710734345

Is Angelico hinting that the trios division is going to be under Lucha Tag rules?

Hell yeah, I love lucha tag rules. They really make for a whole new dynamic.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Dark Order Kool-Aid is literally noted as being "not as bad as we thought."

cannot think of a more ringing endorsement.

edit: holy gently caress now I want some All Eggo Ethan Page ice cream.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

DogsInSpace! posted:

Malakai Black has a ton of nerd energy he wants to give but Jake has enough talent and credentials that he can take this "young guy's" ideas and help refine them. Garth Marenghi Black was fun but Jake can help make this guy legit scary. Seriously, nobody can do quiet menace like the Snake. That and this will help Jake as well, since he can be a positive influence and leave a lasting impression on the world he devoted his life to. Really feel good moment and I hope poo poo like this keeps the old vets happy. Would be nice to see Jake the Snake have some peace for a chance. If only Brodie got more time...

It can't be stressed enough that no wrestling company before AEW has had access to a sober Jake Roberts. He has a lot of knowledge and he's finally stable enough to dispense it properly.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Ganso Bomb posted:

Hell yeah, I love lucha tag rules. They really make for a whole new dynamic.
Haven’t seen it, but I kind of love how it effectively removes the isolation heat and hot tags from the menu in how to lay out the match.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

StarkRavingMad posted:

under lucha rules, if the legal man leaves the ring, one of his partners can just come in without a tag

edit: beaten

does the ref still call the legal man switch? cuz that'd be useful

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

karmicknight posted:

Captain's fall is CMLL specific isn't it? It has been a loving while since I last watched lucha. (thanks AAA lawsuit)

Captain's fall 2/3 does own though.

What's captain's fall?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MJeff posted:

What's captain's fall?

Basically each team has a captain, and if the captain takes a fall the match is over. Otherwise you've got to get two of three falls.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

MJeff posted:

What's captain's fall?

Imagine a trios/survivor series type match where if the team captain gets pinned the whole team automatically loses.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's not ice cream it's All Eggo

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

smarxist posted:

does the ref still call the legal man switch? cuz that'd be useful

In case they do actually run with this, a helpful rule of thumb would be "the legal man is the one in the ring".

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
some of these names are loving inspired. Who Butta? lmao

mods pls change my name to Mad King Crush

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

It's not ice cream it's All Eggo

look, they sold me on the stroopwafel bits in a maple base.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MJeff posted:

What's captain's fall?

To win a fall you have to either pin the Captain or the other two members of the team. So in random Arena Puebla matches you'll see a guy rolled up, the ref wait, then a second guy rolled up 2 seconds later while the ref slowly counts to three because they couldn't time it right.

They will happen very rarely in Japan too, but it's usually like a 10 man.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

reignofevil posted:

If you think about it a countout where you throw somebody out of the ring and then cuz you beat them up so bad they're tired and sore and don't wanna fight you anymore is a pretty badass way to win, maybe we should give countouts a second chance.

Yeah, DQs should be used sparingly, but count outs are fine if used differently. Miro and Lance should be throwing people out of the ring/laying the hurt out of the ring and having challengers and knock challengers the gently caress out. Again, shouldn't be used as much as pinfall or submission, but it could be a conclusive finish

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Haven’t seen it, but I kind of love how it effectively removes the isolation heat and hot tags from the menu in how to lay out the match.

There was a funny bit at King of Trios way back where Chuck Taylor was beating down Bobby Dempsey for your basic isolation heat and decided to throw him to the outside while his partners screamed, "What are you doing?!" One of Dempsey's partners entered the ring like it was a hot tag.

Moments later, Chuck's on the apron with his partner Gran Akuma and he's all, "Since when does leaving the ring count as a tag?!"

"Since always!"

You can still do isolation heat with lucha tag rules by throwing the guy back into the ring when the ref doesn't see him roll out to begin with.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
A few missed opportunities.

That's Not Tiramisu End, That's Malakai Black Cherry
Kris Stracciatellander
Fior di latte del Sol
The Baciostard Pac

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

To win a fall you have to either pin the Captain or the other two members of the team. So in random Arena Puebla matches you'll see a guy rolled up, the ref wait, then a second guy rolled up 2 seconds later while the ref slowly counts to three because they couldn't time it right.

They will happen very rarely in Japan too, but it's usually like a 10 man.

karmicknight posted:

Basically each team has a captain, and if the captain takes a fall the match is over. Otherwise you've got to get two of three falls.

So do you have to pin both Shmuck 1 and Shmuck 2 or can you pin Shmuck 1 twice? If Shmuck 1 gets pinned, is he out of the match?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/griffgarrison1/status/1420478134550503428
New Pillman shirt owns

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Lance Archer "Everybody Pies" is my favorite

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Can I kindly request a Nick Gage Wenesday frog please?

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
This thread moves too GOT DANG fast.

Can someone please make that insane Dante jump into a Shooting Star meme? Tia

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

MJeff posted:

So do you have to pin both Shmuck 1 and Shmuck 2 or can you pin Shmuck 1 twice? If Shmuck 1 gets pinned, is he out of the match?

It's more like you have Shmucks 1, 2 , and 3. Shmuck 1 is the Captain, so if you pin him you win the match instantly. Otherwise you have to pin both Shmuck 2 and Shmuck 3 to win.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MJeff posted:

To win a fall you must either pin the captain or both of the other guys.

So if you pin the captain, it's over, you win the fall.

If you pin Shmuck 1, he's eliminated from the fall, but until you pin Shmuck 2 (or the Captain) the fall continues.

So in a 2/3 falls trios match you can have upwards of 6 pins or submissions before the match is over.

In Japan I think you have to pin the Captain to win, the other guys just count as eliminations. It has been awhile since I've watched one so I can't remember for sure.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I could go for some of that ice cream.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Eat her soul!
Eat her soul!
Eat her soul!
Eat her soul!

:getin:

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

sticklefifer posted:

A few missed opportunities.

That's Not Tiramisu End, That's Malakai Black Cherry
Kris Stracciatellander
Fior di latte del Sol
The Baciostard Pac

RED VELVET CAKE

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So a pinned shmuck can keep wrestling, but he can't be pinned or pin anyone anymore?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Griff Garrison looks like he hates smiling

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Someone brought up how the Dark Order transformed in 2 years, well, Griff Garrison went from "Who the gently caress is Griff Garrison" to one of the most popular babyfaces on the roster in a year! A year ago he was begging MJF for mercy in a squash.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ah, so that's what Mel's been up to

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/1420191442362904576?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Her and Snakeman adorned some cans of IPA, along w/ a few Indie guys I didn't recognize.

Waffleopolis posted:

Can I kindly request a Nick Gage Wenesday frog please?

Or did you want a good one?