Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Good Dynamite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Eat My Fuc posted:

I thought the Eddie tribute spot and the new twist on it was really cool and a great bit of booking for whoever came up with it. It just showed how clever they both are instead of the usual wrestling trope of someone being a total dunce and falling for every trick a heel does.

Twists on the Eddie spot are always great.
https://twitter.com/sirlariato/status/1275216628167454726

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

RealFoxy posted:

It was less intense than that, he said he was fine with anything as long as it wasn't on his face (Because he's an actor)

Then Nick Gage pulled out a pizza cutter and starting slicing his forehead and mouth

The "Jugular stabbing" was a total accident, Arquette winced at a light tube spot and it sliced up his neck and he started to panic, dropping kayfabe for a minute in shock. He went back to finish the match and then went straight to the hospital. Nick Gage, being Nick Gage thought he was being a coward

Not the best story for Gage then, imo

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

graph posted:

also what is puro pinche 956 alavarga

Pure loving 956 (the local area code) poo poo yeah

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

RealFoxy posted:

It was less intense than that, he said he was fine with anything as long as it wasn't on his face (Because he's an actor)

Then Nick Gage pulled out a pizza cutter and starting slicing his forehead and mouth

The "Jugular stabbing" was a total accident, Arquette winced at a light tube spot and it sliced up his neck and he started to panic, dropping kayfabe for a minute in shock. He went back to finish the match and then went straight to the hospital. Nick Gage, being Nick Gage thought he was being a coward

Fun fact, Arquette rolled out of the ring and asked his good friend Luke Perry to check his neck to be sure he wasn't spurting out blood and it didn't look like he hit the jugular before he got back in. Luke was there, of course, because Jungle Boy was also on the card.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Shinjobi posted:

I think they might've been kayfabing the whole thing for some reason.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

I'm still at the show watching elevation (no worries, won't say anything about it) but I've got some thoughts:

PS: I had a friend actually wrestle on Dark. Crowd around me was confused as hell when I was loudly marking out.

Glad to hear Slapjack landed on his feet.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

MorningMoon posted:

lol that this was on tv 36 times

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

graph posted:

lol that this was on tv 36 times

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

Fun fact, Arquette rolled out of the ring and asked his good friend Luke Perry to check his neck to be sure he wasn't spurting out blood and it didn't look like he hit the jugular before he got back in. Luke was there, of course, because Jungle Boy was also on the card.

And then Luke and JB drove Arquette to the ER!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Arquette’s neck didn’t get cut because he winced, it got cut because he freaked out and grabbed Gage’s legs so he lost his balance and stabbed him accidentally.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

MorningMoon posted:

also while "poo poo yeah" is probably the closest correct slang translation of the term, "a la verga" literally translates as "to the dick" which is even better for those viewers who just punched it into google translate or whatever and were even more puzzled

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
M
D
K

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Dimebags Brain posted:

Glad to hear Slapjack landed on his feet.

.........:smith:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
make him #allelite you coward BBT

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I mean Fuego of course

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Wait, holy poo poo, I might actually be free?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

The Bee posted:

Soon. Hopefully.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/MDK_AllDay/status/1418028597432909828

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The Bee posted:

Bryan Danielson runs in slow motion towards a 50-foot-tall concrete wall. He delivers a flying knee that breaks a massive hole through it. He turns around.

"YOU'RE ALL FREE NOW!"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Bee posted:

Sorry, the debut has been held off until Arthur Ashe.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

if they dont license Final Countdown for AmDrag I'll be very disappointed in Tony

wonder if he'll get YES chants

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah he'll get yes chants. It would be dumb not to. It's something that everyone can do and looks super impressive when a crowd is doing that in unison.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I wonder if he tries to shut them down for a new character.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Just caught up on Dynamite and why is everyone saying Danielson is confirmed? Did I miss a segment or something?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
AAAAAAAAAAA

MDK ALL FUCKIN DAY BABY

M D FUCKIN K

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
WWE gonna give John Cena the Yes chant like Big Show.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Artelier posted:

Just caught up on Dynamite and why is everyone saying Danielson is confirmed? Did I miss a segment or something?

Semi-credible rumor going around that he's already signed.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Pylons posted:

Semi-credible rumor going around that he's already signed.

AAAAAAAAAA

I hope he gets to do the Slow Yes Chant one day

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Fun show, I had friends watching with me and they were super into Mox, as they should be.

OC/Sting was the best thing.

Where in the previous thread was the Bryan news dropped? I saw Cultaholic posted a video and I marked out at the possibility.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Shinjobi posted:

gage has legit died from blood loss, if anyone knows when bleeding has to be stopped, well it’s not him but he did know arquette wasn’t dying

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Majinfoose posted:

Fun show, I had friends watching with me and they were super into Mox, as they should be.

Where in the previous thread was the Bryan news dropped? I saw Cultaholic posted a video and I marked out at the possibility.

I believe it’s coming from this:
https://twitter.com/bodyslamnet/status/1417992571301814276?s=21

Credible source? Who knows.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

^^ SRS says the guy who reported it does have people in AEW who talk to him, so it’s not someone who would necessarily be pulling poo poo out his rear end for the lols

Majinfoose posted:

It dropped early in the Dynamite thread. The previous discussion thread still had it as very much a hypothetical spurred on by the CM Punk rumors, then the thread was closed for Dynamite, and I think someone posted the Bodyslam tweet before Jericho/Spears was even over, before MDK ALL FUCKIN DAY happened

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

I don’t know anything about Gage either, is he actually good in the ring, or does everyone here just hate David Arquette for some reason?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

A talking coyote posted:

I don’t know anything about Gage either, is he actually good in the ring, or does everyone here just hate David Arquette for some reason?

yes I’m secretly killface

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

A talking coyote posted:

Gage is not like a workrate classic or anything but he has such loving energy that just absolutely radiates through a crowd.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Re: Bryan to AEW

SRS said the person who claims that Bryan signed a deal has connections to AEW but hasnt heard anything 100% yet

A talking coyote posted:

he's a hardcore wrestling brawler who plays the crowd hardcore. so imagine more slicing and stabbing of the foreheads. He's gonna do stuff that looks rough and violent and nothing fancy

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Why are they doing 4 "special" episodes of Dynamite in a row? It actually feels more like 7 in a row...

6/26 - Saturday Night Dynamite
6/30 - Fan Appreciation Night
7/7 - Road Rager
7/14 - Fyter Fest Week 1
7/21 - Fyter Fest Week 2
7/28 - Fight for the Fallen
7/4 - Homecoming

A minor criticism. I guess I just don't understand why Fyter Fest is two weeks, followed immediately by Fight for the Fallen for two years in a row.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Dynamite thoughts:

They should put Sour Boy on tv

karl should do the sour boy face when someone low-blows him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He's cut from the same cloth as Mox if you need something to compare to. Different style, same energy and maybe even more blood.