Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Crapple! posted:

Just woke up to the news that Thunder Rosa signed AND number go up? Blessed day

They should sign Thunder Rosa every week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

How about this, the Elite take out Silver and Reynolds backstage before the match but since it's "Elite vs Dark Order" they can put in two other members, who don't come out until the finish when CM Punk and Daniel Bryan both come out at the same time as No 6 and No 7, hit their finishers on Kenny and both pin him simultaneously.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

What would a WWE invasion even be? Guys showing up to cut 20 minute promos and have matches that they win exactly half of and lose the other half with the same opponent for six months straight?

The WWE team get their asses kicked every time cause they forgot there's moves in wrestling besides Rollups.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Remember that book about Kane's backstory that WWE published where Kane was like a cursed child who lived in a box or whatever cause his whole family died, and then somehow became a well adjusted high school jock until Katie Vick died and then he became feral mountain man eating squirrels and making GBS threads in a cave for several years until he somehow got a job as a dock worker and then saw the Undertaker on TV and was like "I think that's my brother, I need to murder him" and then Paul Bearer drugged him up on chemicals and sent him to some South American death squad training camp where he fought Gene Snitsky until he was an unstoppable killing machine and then he went to WWE and had the inferno match that the book itself described as "disappointing"

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

Wait. What? Was this real?

I think it was called Journey into Darkness???

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I, for one, look forward to the weekly CM Punk Town Hall

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

If TBS asks for a fourth hour just put all the codyverse stuff in there. Tape it in front of an empty arena after each live show and call it QTies afterdark.

Dynamite Underground

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

To be fair a lot of Vince's worst traits have always been there. He was booking people in the most vindictive and petty ways he could think of in the 80's, he was always obsessed with big guys at the expense of the guys who could actually wrestle, he always had a tendency to change course and drop things on a whim (ie; the whole Lex Express thing, changing his mind and having Bret lose to Yokozuna at the last minute, etc), and he was always desperate to make WWE into a main stream pop culture empire out of some deep-seeded embarrassment of being a wrestling guy or whatever. Those bad habits were always there, they just slowly got worse and worse and worse as he get older and delegated less and less until it reached the point that he seems borderline senile while still micromanaging every single little thing the entire billion dollar corporation days all day every day.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Cavauro posted:

i agree that cm punk's return match should be on dark

His first feud against Deathmatch Legend LUTHER

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Punk has to do the same trials/run the gauntlet story that Jericho is doing with the Inner Circle except it's with the Wingmen.

Tune in to Dark Elevation for the CM Punk/JD Drake "No Rules Match"

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

WWE Brain would be Punk or Bryan or both would just randomly debut and then get rolled by Baron Corbin in 45 seconds for their debut match.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

My Lovely Horse posted:

Really looking forward to next week because I've always liked Survivor Series matches a heckuva lot and I miss the days when a PPV would have four or five of them on the card. They'd fit AEW with its more stable-based structure a lot better than WWE these days, too.

The problem with Survivor Series is WWE killed it by never having it involve any actual storylines anymore, and instead just making it so every November every wrestler on Raw and Smackdown suddenly start hating each other and doing run-ins wearing color-coded t-shirts completely ignoring all existing storylines/feuds and face/heel alignments until they do the big 5v5 match that nobody gains or loses a single thing from.

This made even dumber by the fact that it usually happens shortly after they do a Draft and so you have people suddenly being ITENSLY LOYAL to a brand they've been on for 3 weeks.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I Before E posted:

In NJPW 5 on 5 elimination matches, usually the eliminations start when people start getting too exhausted or occupied preventing double teaming to break up pins, or they just get submissions on loss posts.

and in WWE half the people just get pinned clean in the first 10 minutes and nobody does anything because every WWE character is a dumb idiot.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Considering Pulse is training to be a wrestler himself, I'm almost surprised he didn't book himself against Luther and Colten Gunn in a triple threat match.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Lid posted:

I forgot about that but this was during the period where Excalibur was pulled off TV over the old PWG clips so they didn't have a real play by play guy and Taz was filling in.

Man that period really showed how vital Excalibur is to the announce team. He's the only real play-by-play guy on the AEW announce team so when he's gone and they have to put three color commentary guys at the desk and none of them have a clue what's going on? It's just a nightmare.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Cavauro posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrpglqYeQBc

benefit of being the same quality for a wrestling entrance as miseria cantare

My favorite thing about that game is that apparently the development was so lovely and rushed they googled fan-made midi remixes of old Sonic songs and just put them in the game, with some of the instruments deleted to hide the fact they were stolen.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

My Lovely Horse posted:

I really like the five labours idea by the way but is this Jericho's retirement lap or what?

Maybe he's got a Fozzy tour coming up and needs another excuse to leave? That was literally a thing they were about to do right before the pandemic started.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

I assume we're at least getting close to it, between his face turn and the fact that this would be a chance for a few final dream matches. I mean, Jericho vs Nick Gage is definitely unlike anything he's ever done before.

Whatever his final match is, he's gotta either put over MJF or Sammy, though.

I think Jericho has said he wants his final match to be against Lance Storm, whenever or wherever that would happen

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Cavauro posted:

what if instead of a deathmatch, they had a life match. Just having thoughts

Maybe they can do another debate where Eric Bischoff can show up and poo poo on Jericho again

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Spears vs La Parka/LA Park in a match for Chair Supremacy

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

blunt posted:

Didn't TNA do a reverse battle royale? That feels like something they would have done..

They did it twice, actually. The basic premise was "everyone starts outside the ring and has to get into the ring" except, being TNA, they took a stupid idea and made it absurdly complicated because once 8 people were in the ring they then had a Normal Battle Royal except for the last two guys who then had a Normal Match for a title shot. Except it turned out it wasn't for a title shot, the two battle royals + singles match were all just to determine the seeds in a single elimination tournament for a title match.

Said tournament lasted the next few weeks of TV and it was a complete shitshow. The best part of the tournament was Rikishi/Junior Fatu winning his round 1 match and then immediately getting fired from the company, so he was replaced with Christian who wasn't even in the original battle royal.

This culminated in the incredible/infamous finals match at Genesis 2007, which was a ladder match between Kazarian and Christian where they had to climb up and grab a clipboard with a title match contract on it. Except the contract fell off at some point but instead of fixing it the match just continued and they had to fight for an empty clipboard.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

My Lovely Horse posted:

No one knows where the ring is set up and you have to find it.

The whole thing is a "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" parody where the entire roster has to race around in various cars/planes/themed vehicles to find the hidden wrestling ring and whoever gets the first pinfall in it wins.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

MorningMoon posted:

Exactly this.

My covid fear is that as the US stagnates at around 60~% of vaccinated population, the other 40% will cook up more mutations that will end up giving a far worse virus that even vaccinated people aren't safe from.

Just the cost of FREEDOM, BABY!!!!

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

I'm ashamed to admit that I don't understand the criticism of AEW's Women's Roster. They're getting a solid ~8-10 minutes per show on a two hour program and most women on the roster are over as hell. I'm not being antagonistic but how much of the show should be women's wrestling?

The main problem is just that, since they only seem to be allowed to devote 10 minutes at most to the women any given week, the end result is that the only one that's super over gets 90% of the screentime. Rosa is the only other woman at this point whose been built even remotely as much, and she didn't even work at the company until last week.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Davros1 posted:

Might be more Covid lockdowns on the way

Doubt it'll happen in America, we're just hell-bent on pretending the pandemic is over now matter how bad it gets it seems.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

AEW please lock down in Pittsburgh, we're much safer than Florida and I'll come to every episode.

I was gonna joke about how WWE would set up their own WWE City like in that one Scooby Doo movie but in reality it'd probably just be exactly what most of Florida is already like.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

With all that said Vince is probably losing his mind about the mask mandate in Nevada right before Summerslam.

Remember when they had people at the PC shows telling people "If you wear a mask you aren't a fan" ?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

I am happy to read about Sting being happy and excited and contributing ideas to his interactions with Orange. Wrestlers being enthusiastic about what they do is pleasant to see.

Imagine a wrestling company people actually like to work at, instead of being one that treats everyone like absolute dogshit and they just kinda roll over and take it cause they've decided there's literally no other options.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Imagine a wrestling company run by a guy who actually likes wrestling and watches wrestling besides the stuff he personally writes.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

The problem with dqs and count outs is that wwe uses them all the time and most are dumb poo poo

Yeah, on paper there's nothing wrong with having DQ's and Count-Outs if they make sense for the story that's being told. The problem is that WWE uses them CONSTANTLY as a cop-out to set up a rematch for next week because every single show is the same loving thing over and over and over again. On top of that, WWE will do a show that has 8 matches and 6 of them end in a DQ/CO because they're weird obsession with getting HEAT at all times means there can never, ever, EVER be a clean finish to anything.

AEW hasn't shown any signs of wanting to be like that, so it's not really a worry at this juncture.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Pylons posted:

Is Angelico hinting that the trios division is going to be under Lucha Tag rules?

If I remember right that basically means there's no tags, it's just "as soon as your teammate is out of the ring you can jump in" pretty much.

Also if they go by LU/AAA rules it also means a trio can include women if they want.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Do not disrespect Tablet Guy.

All QT gives a poo poo about is getting to wrestle, putting over his best friend probably made this the best 3 months of his life.

I mean that's fair enough for QT since he's got plenty going on besides his in-ring career but it certainly didn't help his students who just got clowned on alongside him.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

MJeff posted:

What's captain's fall?

Imagine a trios/survivor series type match where if the team captain gets pinned the whole team automatically loses.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

MJeff posted:

So do you have to pin both Shmuck 1 and Shmuck 2 or can you pin Shmuck 1 twice? If Shmuck 1 gets pinned, is he out of the match?

It's more like you have Shmucks 1, 2 , and 3. Shmuck 1 is the Captain, so if you pin him you win the match instantly. Otherwise you have to pin both Shmuck 2 and Shmuck 3 to win.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

MJeff posted:

So a pinned shmuck can keep wrestling, but he can't be pinned or pin anyone anymore?

No, it's just an elimination match except one of the guys is the Golden Snitch and if you pin him you want immediately without having to eliminate the rest of the team.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Remember when Peter Avalon was a librarian who had no friends to support him?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

Race to the Bottom was a great Dark angle, and they should do it again every year when the stats reset.

Dark-Exclusive G1 where the person with the least amount of points by the end wins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

ARMBAR A COP posted:

I want to remind everyone that Excalibur's best call in his career will forever be:

"The legendary rear end in a top hat of Jushin Thunder Liger"

Is that from the match where people kept latching onto each others assholes until they formed a 10-man human centipede which Liger then led around the ring while pantomiming a choo-choo train?