Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

The Cameo posted:

I would guess at some point he probably hashed out what his ideas for the belt were with someone from the New Japan booking team (probably Rocky), it went through Gedo, Gedo said “I like it!” and NJPW gave him the approval to run the booking he came up with, with New Japan asking that they try to keep challengers to guys either currently tied to or with strong pasts with New Japan and to book the belt strongly as it’s their co-secondary title alongside the NEVER belt now.

I have to imagine Archer will suddenly be added to the NJPW Resurgence card on August 14th, defend the belt there, carry it around on Dynamite for a bit, defend it every so often, and either fly over for the Wrestle Grand Slam show in September, Power Struggle in November, or just holds onto it until the Dome in January and drops it to Cobb on a New Japan show.

Archer's been talking about wanting to go back to NJPW for months now, so it's probably a "since Lance is coming back to us, and we want the title back in-house, put the belt on him please." thing. The NJPW titles are entirely controlled by NJPW (according to Meltzer), so any ideas come from them on that front, and Tony works with what they want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU