Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

neoaxd posted:

NJPW controls the booking of the IWGP US title, right?

I imagine Tony has to get them to sign off on title matches, and they will have approval on finishes, yes.

Also, if Danielson and Punk are coming in, they're saving that for something like All Out or the Wednesday before the first Rampage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

neoaxd posted:

That's what I was wondering about.
Does Tony ask if he can change the title and they sign off on it, or did NJPW call em and say "put that belt on Archer"?

It's very possible New Japan asked if Archer was available to work Mox on their August PPV, and Tony suggested the title switch to allow a rematch.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

Also I really dig how long the Andrade vs. Death Triangle stuff was and how it just swapped between languages.

As great as Alex is, I'm not sure he was needed, especially with Fenix miming what Penta was saying. If you're familiar with basically any of the Romance languages, it's pretty clear what he was saying and his delivery does the rest.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Crapple! posted:

The 5 trials should have been one of those multi-layered final bosses from the SNES Final Fantasy games like Kefka.

Also I didn't notice in the recap til now but Miro was wearing a Bloodsport jacket? I'm absolutely buying that show if/when it happens. Bloodsport in general is always rock solid.

Be very sad when the Redeemer beats Chris Dickinson to death

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Oh, Miro might be able to bring his hot wife to that show

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Lance Storm isn't even that big a stretch, I could see Lance do a couple of appearances for them and do a submission match or something with Chris

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I’m very into the implication that Andrade’s going to have to have a tag team that “works for him” now that the Lucha Bros have turned him down and he’s gone and gotten himself in a trios match with Death Triangle. Absent a debut of someone like Rush/Ryu Lee, I wouldn’t hate them getting weird with it and trading out TH2’s neon for suits.

Don't joke about Death Triangle vs Los Ingobernables

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

britishbornandbread posted:

I need to watch this DSOTR episode with Gage, but they're not available to watch in the UK. Sad!

They were up on Now/ Sky for ages

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TealShark posted:

If Jim Ross doesn’t call him “Daniel Danielson” at least once, I will be greatly disappointed.

The thing is 'Bryan' is a good safety net, as it's correct no matter what.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

It's cause they were meant to be on the road but the arena booking got rescheduled (presumably due to COVID issues) so they're going back to Daily's instead as cover

Oh right, they were gonna be at a college but the school needs the arena for vaccinations, right?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

Did Gage kill Matt Cardona?

Not yet, I don't think?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

Nick Gage is defending the GCW World Title vs Zack Ryder tomorrow and then defending it again against a mystery opponent on Saturday.

#WHAT HAVE I BECOME/NOW THAT I'VE BETRAYED#

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lamuella posted:

Also it's quickly becoming apparent that "PENTA SAYS..." is over as gently caress.

For anyone who is bilingual, how much does Alex edit/abridge Penta? If at all?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

God drat I love Matt. I'd almost say this stuff should be on Dark at least, but honestly, it'd turn him face.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Drakkel posted:

They should sign Thunder Rosa every week

Like Bram but good

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Who's 9? (It's Anna isn't it, despite the special number Brodie gave her?)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Is the actual article anything more than just breathlessly speculating about what Sapp and Meltzer have said?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Replacing JR with Punk would be a huge step up

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I wonder if Danielson does the G1 before going full time for AEW, like Mox did? He's definitely spoken about it like it was a goal for him at some point. It's one thing to do a 2 week quarantine if he's only doing one Dome show, but it's probably less of an ask to do it for a 3 week tour.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

I thought the report was with someone who had contacts in AEW

The Danielson stuff allegedly comes from that. The Punk thing comes from WWE apparently strongly believing he's signed with AEW.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

Punk should feud with Lance Archer for the NJPW US title.

...Danielson winning the US title would actually make a ton of sense. He gets to work New Japan dates and talent, and gets a featured, high profile spot in AEW without needing to crowd out someone else really.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ganso Bomb posted:

I wore a mask at the Austin show and I was pleased to see a decent number of others still wearing them, too. It feels a little weird putting one on when most of the people there aren't wearing them, but that feeling wears off quickly. Do you!

Wear a neckerchief mask and feel like a cool badass outlaw like Adam Page or PnP. :D

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I mean, if you're not in the US, just get it on Fite. Or if you're 'not in the US'.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

luchadornado posted:

I keep thinking - how the hell do you have Nick Gage do network TV? The dude was adamant that he be allowed to finish a match minutes before dying. I haven't closely followed his career, but he doesn't seem like the person that has an act that can be toned down - it's just 100% Nick Gage.

I'll find out Wednesday I guess.

I get the distinct impression people are overselling this. No way Jericho would've OK'ed the match if he wasn't certain. It's gonna be more like one of Jericho's Tokyo Dome matches than a full-on deathmatch. There'll be chairs and tables, but we're not getting lighttubes and glass in what's almost definitely the opener.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

smarxist posted:

marrying the ref, now there's a heel move to win matches

That feels like a GLOW storyline.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Maybe it's a Brodie style jacket?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/The_MJF/status/1419826143906213902

MJF dropping hints at the next two Labors, Will Ospreay and Andrew Luck.

I mean, Jericho has said he wants to wrestle Ospreay... (or, let's be honest, stand in the ring as Bad Brain Bill does flips around him)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

Maybe it's Willow the Wisp

Jeff may be delirious enough from fever to try this.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The clip of the set up for the Labours definitely makes it sound like MJF is match 5, but I assume he'll pull a bait and switch and want to whip Jericho like he did Cody or something instead.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

what if he loses to cage tonight HUH

I mean, that'd be hard, as he's wrestling Nick Gage tomorrow, not Christian tonight.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

I don't think a "TNT Title shot" is really a big enough carrot to make that idea work. You need something that's a big enough deal so Sammy doesn't look kind of selfish standing in Jericho's way and fighting him after he's been through hell. It could if you told a story where Sammy is willing to lay down, Jericho is a dick about it and expects him to, and Sammy gets mad and wants to prove himself or something like that. But that's not the Jericho story they're/he's telling so I wouldn't expect it.

A shot at Omega/Page after All Out might make sense.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
If Rosa/Baker isn't the main event on the first Rampage, Tony Khan is an incompetent booker.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Deeb going to AEW full time, plus Riho, Emi and Shida, would pretty much kill any of the poo poo about the women's division being weak. Plus you have Baker, Nyla, Tay, Statlander and Bunny who are all solid.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
"Eat dis if you can... Suhvive if I let you!"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

little munchkin posted:

the human souffle machine

Lookit Gordon Solie over here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009