Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I liked Britt/Nyla more than most people I think, but I have a pretty high tolerance for sloppiness in matches, and I'm a HUGE fan of Britt adding more technical aspects to her moveset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

That match made me super excited for Mox's eventual heel turn.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I wonder if he tries to shut them down for a new character.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Artelier posted:

Just caught up on Dynamite and why is everyone saying Danielson is confirmed? Did I miss a segment or something?

Semi-credible rumor going around that he's already signed.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

A talking coyote posted:

I don’t know anything about Gage either, is he actually good in the ring, or does everyone here just hate David Arquette for some reason?

Gage is not like a workrate classic or anything but he has such loving energy that just absolutely radiates through a crowd.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Moxley put it best when he talked about Nick Gage on Dark Side of The Ring:

quote:

He’s not going to stop, and I’m not saying he should. He has the number one talent you need. It’s not biceps, it’s not abs, it’s the ability to connect. Vince McMahon would loving kill to have one person with that connection to the audience that Nick Gage has. I kind of think his story is just getting started.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Keep in mind, Gage is perfectly capable of working a more subdued style. I'd expect tables, maybe chairs, MAYBE a bit of the pizza cutter, but not much more than that.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I don't think AEW has ever done a submission match, right (well, unless you count I quit)? Maybe Minoru Suzuki for one of the labors?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

It was incredibly subtle but when Andrade started to cut his promo "WHAT?" chants were starting and he instantly changed his cadence to throw them off and kill them.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

graph posted:

any word on that little promo bit where tk was going to announce another live show thing next week ?

https://www.wrestling-news.net/all-elite-wrestling-apply-to-trademark-the-term-the-first-dance/170980/

This could be related. Tag line for a joint show, maybe?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

StarkRavingMad posted:

I remember when Moxley first appeared on New Japan Strong, back in January I think, and there was this big "how did the Forbidden Door get opened??" question. And Mox went on one of Meltzer's podcasts and was like "I don't know about any door, I called Tony and said 'hey there's this New Japan Strong thing taping like a five hour drive from me and I want to go fight Kenta on it' and Tony said 'ok, cool'"

Having that kind of agility and not having to route things through a shitload of red tape is a huge plus

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1418034430736625667

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Some more interesting stuff with CM Punk:

quote:

In the hours that followed the CM Punk story, we learned more about companies that have reached out to him. Fightful Select was told that in January of 2020 Ring of Honor -- specifically Marty Scurll, who had been leading the charge at that point -- asked to send out feelers to CM Punk. Obviously those conversations didn't go very very far, but people in Ring of Honor that heard of the conversations say that they were told that story, opponents and general plans were more important than dollars offered.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MorningMoon posted:

oh jesus gently caress
https://twitter.com/thunderrosa22/status/1418280714324283397
the eye emojis mean it's bigg

Something to do with Mission Pro, maybe? There are some rumblings that Tony might've bought them.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think you want to do Britt vs. Statlander at All Out, but Full Gear is a decent little reign for Britt if they want to have her drop it to Rosa there.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I wonder if the references to gold in the Andrade segment last night are a teaser for the long-rumoured trios titles? Maybe Andrade gets some back up and the titles are introduced for this feud.

That'd be a good way to codify the titles under "Lucha Rules" too.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Is it transitional if it goes back on the same person who lost it in the first place?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Fuego is probably one of the best examples of someone getting over just because other people like him. Like, I'm sure not everyone in the crowd watches Sammy's vlog but enough do, and the ones who don't are instantly intrigued as to why he's so over.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Probably reading too much into it. I think Cody is the one in the past who's done the "We're not a "save it for the PPV" company" bit.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1418360992870895618

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Hangman gets hit with an OWA, pinned, Silver comes in and hits a discus lariat on Kenny before he gets up.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

rantmo posted:

Colt is Number 6 though it's never been said.

I thought Colt was 8? Hence the infinity sign on his singlet.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

Who's 9? (It's Anna isn't it, despite the special number Brodie gave her?)

In the match they had it was Brandon Cutler, but I'm not sure if that's canon or not.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZrUIdIcJgs

They uploaded the unedited version of the Santana and Ortiz/FTR press conference.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/serenadeeb/status/1418588794777972740?s=21

Volume warning, but this is interesting.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Acaila posted:

Rumours on Twitter (Prowrestling Scene? Never heard of them?) that it's being reported that Tony's announcement will be a UK tour. My little AEW groupchat is going crazy with plotting already.

I've definitely been suspecting a Winter is Coming tour.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/AndradeElIdolo/status/1418598580919668740

Intensely curious about who the hell this iPad holder dude is.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Why the gently caress did they bring in Tablet Guy? > You know, Tablet Guy is alright > I like what Tablet Guy is doing > Tablet Guy is the best thing on the show.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Vince never even liked wrestling while Tony is an enormous mark (in a good way).

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Living Colour apparently started following AEW on twitter.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Waffleopolis posted:

Is there a way to legally watch AEW dynamite after it airs? I have to deal with stupid horse bullshit so I habe to work through the show and i am seriously considering getting DVR from my cable company monday.

Use a VPN and sign up for AEW+ on fite.tv.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

This has now led me to thinking about Bryan Danielson vs Chris Brookes and I’m hyped. Get that as a RevPro main event

Does Brookes even have any interest in wrestling in the UK again?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Emi vs. Kilynn gonna slap

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MorningMoon posted:

Cardona ruining a Gage match on the anniversary of ruining Warhorse's match would be a thing

lmao

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I do wonder if he got in his own head a bit. Tony Schiavone made a comment on the Unrestricted with Eddie Kingston that he ribbed WARHORSE by going "Hey, don't blow it"

Pylons fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jul 26, 2021

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

sba posted:

How did Cardona not last in AEW? It was before I started watching, is there a reason he didn’t stick around?

It was right after he got released and he just kinda tried to show up as Zack Ryder.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/BodyslamNet/status/1419546435163500546?s=19

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'll lose my poo poo if Tony somehow brings in Ultimo Dragon.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

You know, if they wanted to keep doing the Stadium Stampede as a semi-regular thing, it wouldn't be a bad idea to more solidly codify the rules. Maybe everyone starts paired off somewhere in the stadium and pinfalls only count in the ring?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

That was a fun BTE.