Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

PAC grunting loudly into the mic before his promo was unreal

I genuinely thought it was a part of their theme. Such a strange noise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Punk and Bryan fans should start watching now to beat the rush.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

blunt posted:

Where's Jack Evans been recently? Haven't seen him with HFO in a few weeks?

He was at the last Jacksonville tapings, so he's only been off for a month. I've not heard anything about him being injured or anything like that. I don't think he lives in the US, so he may be taking a few weeks off to be with his family.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Envisioned posted:

Third-hand from reddit too but I guess on WOR Dave said that while he's not heard it's a done deal yet, there's definitely something to the report. AEW's relationship with New Japan seems to indeed be a major factor in Danielson's decision.

E: and that the Arthur Ashe stadium show is on the table for a debut.

The clip's on youtube, if you want to listen to yourself. It's amazing, to answer question "are these guys coming to AEW?" Dave tells you how CMLL fired a huge star of theirs because they worked a PWG show which also featured a few guys from AAA.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Cezar isn't the greatest of hands, tbh.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

He's paid his debt to society. he's now a model citizen
e:

Shinjobi posted:

Did Gage kill Matt Cardona?

for example

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I wonder if they'll drag the 5 Labors of Jericho out long enough so that at some point he'll have to fight Sami Zayn, whose WWE contract is up next month

I assumed it was a match a week, but I may be mistaken.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I don't know about the money, but a less intensive schedule, creative input, and the ability to work dates for other companies is what AEW offers everyone. Bryan should have been bargaining for like, a bowl of M&Ms only he can touch or being able to drive down to the ring on a motorbike.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Heck yeah.
Her getting a job backstage on the charity checking squad might have been a tipoff

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Wow, turns out nobody can make "I'm going to sit in the corner, by myself" sound cool or intimidating. You should go over and say hi Nick! I bet everyone's really friendly!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I wonder if the references to gold in the Andrade segment last night are a teaser for the long-rumoured trios titles? Maybe Andrade gets some back up and the titles are introduced for this feud.

He was talking to the Lucha Bros alone to try and split them off PAC, so not necessarily. But AEW could definitely handle a Trios championship (especially w/ Rampage coming).

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Rarity posted:

Signs were just a bigger part of fan culture in the 90s. Like if you look at a Back Street Boys concert they were loving everywhere

Signs really peaked in cultural significance in 2002.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

was Hook on this week

Yeah he was standing by when Starks announced his coronation party.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

StarkRavingMad posted:

I wonder if the Bryan Danielson/CM Punk rumors spiked it any. And then people tuned in and got surprise NICK GAGE

Two or three people have posted saying they're only watching because of Punk/Bryan. Now just find the number of unique posters in this thread, divide it by the total number of viewers, and you can find out exactly how many viewers those rumors drew.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Lid posted:

speaking of Dark are Bear Country still around or did one get injured putting an end to that run?

The bigger one w/ the red beard got hurt but he'll recover eventually.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Cody just got kicked in the head by a demon possessing a guy he knew. I'd be miffed too!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I think that's a very large number of people watching people getting stabbed in the head with a fork.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I heard Bryan Danielson and some UFC guy might have signed, has there been any confirmation on this?

No, but we're all having fun.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I am going to wait until at least one episode of Rampage before assessing it.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Recent angles on the Darks: Joey Janela is a bad friend, Matt Hardy hires Robo as bag carrier, Wheeler Yuta bumps into Angelico, and Swole and Diamante are mad at each other.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

No excuse for the opening segment though. Give that to Baron Black, let's hear what he has to say!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Rarity posted:

Ringside News is gash

That means it's bad right.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

He's said before he stopped using the Stroke Daddy moniker because he was worried about it being too risque for national TV I wonder if he got the go ahead to start using it again or just decided to go for it

International!
And I guess we'll see what his celebration looks like next Wednesday. Though honestly I'm expecting at least one sheetcake, which doesn't seem very stroke daddy.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I'm rewatching Dynamite and it rules seeing the stooge Archer threw. He cheers with the rest of the crowd but like he's very distracted or half-hearted. They really decked him out in eye-catching colours.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

Archer beat up a real fan, per Meltzer they’re going to start beating the poo poo out of random fans to scare the audience from ever storming the ring to fight Jericho again.

These are the risks you take as a fan.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

If you wear a mask to an AEW show, you can't embarrass yourself by being filmed forgetting the lyrics to Judas.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/RealBrittBaker/status/1419311011551760386

Buttsburgh

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Another great thing about that match was Eddie repeatedly calling the Big Bang Theory the most dangerous move in wrestling today.
Really good Elevation last night by the way.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

If anything, they could’ve swapped out Darby-Yuta for additional women’s segments, but otherwise id be hard pressed to swap anything out.

What, and just have Sting and OC do their bit by the ringside of a Stat/undefined match?

Animale posted:

Swole's ring gear looks cool from extreme close-ups but she looks like a jobber from any other angles. :(

Stone Cold wrestled in all black trunks.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

How about Taz getting frustrated w/ Brandy as she makes, I guess, Duck a l'orange.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

The window for Shida to achieve her dream of cutting a promo in front of a live crowd is possibly closing.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

There have been other right place, right time pandemic era success stories, but wow is Julia Hart an interesting example. 5, 10, Johnson and Anna all appeared with varying levels of experience, but they all needed to be fit into things after a bit. Julia Hart walks in with like 5 pro matches and there is the perfect act to pair her with. They don't debate whether or not she deserves it, they just run with it. And now they have this great plucky babyface who adds to the Blonds act, is great for the heels to be dicks to and they can stick in semi squashes as she develops.

and now she's going to get dropkicked to a permanent end. sad!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

My Lovely Horse posted:

Her vs. Rosa at this point is a good example of AEW being very good at making you go "there's no way X is gonna win this.

... is there?"

You were right the first time.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

And Cutler was counted out earlier in his losing streak against Nakazawa. That's Dark for you.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

FTR are going to team up with JR as a trios team and get extremely grumpy.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

smarxist posted:

does the ref still call the legal man switch? cuz that'd be useful

In case they do actually run with this, a helpful rule of thumb would be "the legal man is the one in the ring".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Her and Snakeman adorned some cans of IPA, along w/ a few Indie guys I didn't recognize.

Waffleopolis posted:

Can I kindly request a Nick Gage Wenesday frog please?

Or did you want a good one?