Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

zimbomonkey posted:

I'm going to the Charlotte show next week. who is nick gage and why is everyone so excited?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVbeFdkV49g

this is nick gage op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Guillermus posted:

I have this theory... call me crazy but I think Christopher Daniels will suddenly appear to make the Bucks lose their tag team tittle. When the whole Elite starts losing tittles it's gonna be a chaotic mess around the ring with the Elite finally being outnumbered by Dark Order, Mox, Eddie Kingston, CD, Kaz...

Let me dream about that night.

I'd be surprised if CD doesn't come out at least once during this storyline. If not here, Tommy Malakai End Aleister Black implied during one of his streams that he was interested in working something with CD, so maybe after he's done with this initial Cody storyline we'll get to see CD back for that.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

I Before E posted:

https://youtu.be/ub747pprmJ8

It's pretty good but I think Cody would rankle at someone having a song with more leadup than his.

Sounds like Cody might have an issue with Kaze Ni Nare having 2 full minutes of lead in before the big pop moment and I encourage him to get murdered brutally by have a nice calm discussion with Minoru Suzuki on an episode of Dynamite about it

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Sanguinia posted:

I've continued to buy and watch every AEW PPV, but to be honest I've kind of checked out on watching the weekly product or any of its ancillary stuff, partly because Dynamite being on cable means I can't easily watch it, and partly because of the #SpeakingOut accusations against Darby Allin and the complete opacity with which the investigation into it was handled before he was "cleared," and resumed a top level push. In the absence of information, despite the fact that Tony Khan has earned a lot of trust from me and I want to believe him when he says that Darby was clean, the guy being so prominent makes me uncomfortable, especially since he's associated with Guy From My List Of Five Biggest Childhood Heroes Sting.

All that being said, news about AEW has me so jazzed right now that I might start going through the trouble of finding a way to watch Dynamite weekly again. I didn't let Hager be the one rotten apple ruining the barrel for me, I don't think I want to let Darby be that anymore either. Especially with my favorite Anxious Millennial Cowboy about to tee up against Kenny for the belt gently caress YEAH!

I don't know what country you're in but VPN+Fite has been the cheapest way I've found in the US to watch.

As for the Darby stuff I don't blame you, and I wouldn't know how to reconcile it. I figure, since Tony showed he wasn't afraid of dishing out some form of consequences in light of the speaking out stuff (see: Jimmy Havoc getting fired, Guevara getting suspended, especially since Sammy is kinda viewed in the same light as Darby, as one of the four future pillars of the company), then there might actually be a reason to let Darby off consequence free (as I remember, could be wrong). Then again Justin Roberts didn't have poo poo done and he also had accusations so idfk.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Acaila posted:

I'm actually a bit disappointed to hear that. One of the reasons I've kinda given up on Dark/Elevation is that I want more angles rather than just matches. To be fair, they're also a bit squash-tastic for me, but most matches even on Dynamite are fairly predictable, I just want a bit more reason to care.

What I'm really saying is a 60 minute promo a week from Eddie Kingston would be my fantasy booking for Rampage.

I seem to remember them really pushing the line that Rampage is a continuation of Dynamite so maybe they do all the angle stuff on there, then just give themselves time to actually have the fights on rampage.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

yea at this point I'd just send him all the money for a one-time deal if he's not signed just as "CM Punk" chant insurance.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

AEW fans don't tend to hijack shows with chants because the shows are good. I feel like there are always CM Punk rumors when they're in Chicago and the fans have never (to my recollection) chanted for him, or at least not to a degree that it ruined anything.

You're right they tend not to hijack, but I also don't remember the rumors being this strong. I remember for all out '19 there were a few of us who were hopeful because maybe they were gonna pull another Mox debut kinda thing, but there was nowhere near as much buzz about Punk back then. I don't remember anything punk related for revolution in 2020.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

cams posted:

you guys have a weird idea of punk in your heads

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

https://twitter.com/itsBayleyWWE/status/1418661989061074945

someone needs to let bayley know that :chast2b:

also is she even allowed to @ someone from AEW, gonna make Vince have an aneyurism

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Put the trios strap on Hook, Tablet Guy and Alex Abrahantes Coward Tony.

Lethrom fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jul 24, 2021

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

There's a lot of "This Fire" erasure going on in this conversation about CM Punk themes and I won't stand for it any longer.

Which is why I'm sitting at my computer. I won't do anything else about it except be sad :(

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1419425981136310272?s=20

Killa Kate is a former employee and coworker of mine, and while her opponent being who she is......concerns me about her chances, it is still insane to see her on a friggin AEW tweet.

It's a long road ahead for her, but maybe she'll pop up again on a Dark or an Elevation. I'm just psyched to see it.

She looks like a badass.

But also I'm sorry for your loss.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Sanguinia posted:

I just realized, if/when Punk comes to AEW there's nothing stopping him from using Cult of Personality is there?

You are correct, the only thing that could possibly stop this is the fact that he has not one, but at least two better themes to choose from in his history already.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

El Generico posted:

CM Punk should come out to "We Didn't Start The Fire"

"This fire burns, always" is a close enough line to "it was always burnin since the worlds been turnin'" so I'll allow it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Put Dante and Fenix in a match. BBT would probably need to land a ref on the moon first to actually do the three count though.