Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

But then this company hasn’t had a short run of any title yet. Can’t point to anyone I’d call transitional.

Brodie Lee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Weird question, but how do you just buy ONE ticket for the Cincinnati show. It wants me to get two platium tickets and uh, my wife is okay with wrestling but doesn't want to go out on a Wednesday night.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

I know it's a cliche but I think AEW has earned a 'wait and see' to find out what they're doing with that show and how it can be paced. Two hours of Rampage has the show ending at midnight, and I'm pretty sure they've run the numbers on the ROI on a second hour that late on a Friday.

I mean this deal was penned when they thought they were going to be dealing with TNT, not TBS. I'm sure that is going to change things, including timeslot, a year down the road.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Kenny Omega basically all but confirmed Punk and DB signed during his WON interview, but I think it's different leaks on different ships. No one in WWE thought DB was signing with AEW, they thought he was retiring or taking big time off, so that has to be someone from AEW (and SRS basically said that). Punk could have 100% been Triple H or one his lackies trying to ruin a surprise and building up hype instead.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

Punk and HHH are still close to talk about stuff like that?

I think Punk would have entertained a WWE call begging him to come back, while offering two truckloads of money, and Triple H is high enough in the company to know about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

reignofevil posted:

If you think about it a countout where you throw somebody out of the ring and then cuz you beat them up so bad they're tired and sore and don't wanna fight you anymore is a pretty badass way to win, maybe we should give countouts a second chance.

Yeah, DQs should be used sparingly, but count outs are fine if used differently. Miro and Lance should be throwing people out of the ring/laying the hurt out of the ring and having challengers and knock challengers the gently caress out. Again, shouldn't be used as much as pinfall or submission, but it could be a conclusive finish