Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I really enjoyed the Andrade segment.

I really like how PAC kinda looked like he was uncertain if he should be angry or really angry at the language he doesn't understand.

Generally a show I really enjoyed all the way through anyway. I watched WWE this week and it just astounds me how much snappier and more powerful the pacing is in AEW.

yea ok posted:

thought it was mostly sloppy & lovely but it really doesnt bother me that much.
yeah same here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

MJeff posted:

They are going to get an absolutely stupid bag from Warner in three years.
I'm waiting for warner to realize they can put AEW stuff on Home Box Office Maximum to huge effect

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The Stroker Ace posted:

Yeah I want to see those two dorks lose on their home turf.
It's probably what they want. I'm betting they see the challenge of getting the home crowd to turn on them as something desirable.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

If TBS asks for a fourth hour just put all the codyverse stuff in there. Tape it in front of an empty arena after each live show and call it QTies afterdark.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Shard posted:

My actual fear is what if with enough time AEW becomes what it hates and stays to be like wwe
I think TK is far enough from Vince to both A) not become anywhere near that toxic B) plan to take a more passive role to keep himself from burning out as AEW continues. He likes what he's doing now so he does it a lot. At some point, he's going to have the product he wants and take a step back to enjoy it. This is something Vince can never, could never, will never be capable of doing. TK watches a random dark match with Will Hobbs and goes gently caress, that was great, I loved that as a fan of wrestling.

Vince doesn't know who he has signed to NXT.

WWE fell rear end backwards into the market it got and much of the weird, horrible, spiteful things it has done were ultimately negative to their bottom line. A successful wrestling business doesn't have to do those things and doesn't have to become that sort of abomination.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Waffleopolis posted:

Should AEW just announce Punk this week? It's announce and he'll appear at All Out. That will boost sales and prep viewers for the other dates. They can keep Danielson for Grand Slam but use Punk as a booster for All Out.
All Out is in a month, they should hint there's a huge announcement on Rampage and then that would actually deliver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

sba posted:

How did Cardona not last in AEW? It was before I started watching, is there a reason he didn’t stick around?
When asked about Mid Cardona TK ran the "if you don't have anything nice to say, wince and hope cody isn't too sad"