Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Still reeling from that last match. Good lord. It elevated the show from decent to really good imo. I didn't think the women's match was great. Both of them can be very plodding and a little sloppy but the ending sequence was a lot of fun. Sting vs Cassidy exchange was great. and the ridiculous gutwrench buckle bomb turned what would have been an otherwise good but unmemorable match into something I'll probably remember forever. Next week looks tremendous but I really don't need to see another hardcore match so soon and that one is probably going to be even bloodier than this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I'm really glad they put the title on Britt. She's one of the best personalities in AEW, over as gently caress and her segments are all great. But match-wise this ain't going to be Shida 2.0. Thankfully it doesn't have to be because of how awesome she is at everything else but I'm probably going to be just as happy when or if they move the title over to Thunder Rosa or Serena Deeb

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

The Inner Circle/Pinnacle feud needed one less "thing" in it. Like either do Blood and Guts OR Stadium Stampede. It feels like it's gone on a bit long. But where it is now, is exactly where I was hoping it would be where each unit within the faction is tangled up in their own feud. Like, I'm really interested to see where this 5 labors of Jericho thing goes now that they've shown they're willing to do absolute anything and of course FTR v PnP has for several months now been the match I'm most excited to see. Even more than Kenny/Hangman (although I know that one is going to heat up a great deal before All Out)

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

bartok posted:

I appreciated that Moxley heeled it up for the hometown boy.

Agreed. By the end of the match the crowd were so hot to see Archer win. It was masterfully done

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

DuhSal posted:

Like someone mentioned in the other thread, why is he only the 2nd labour? He should be the last one before getting to MJF.. I wonder how they'll escalate things from here...

"Labour number five Jericho! He's the biggest, maddest, most titanic individual you ever saw! And he has alllll of the Infinity Stones! THANOSSSS"

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

The 5 trials should have been one of those multi-layered final bosses from the SNES Final Fantasy games like Kefka.

Also I didn't notice in the recap til now but Miro was wearing a Bloodsport jacket? I'm absolutely buying that show if/when it happens. Bloodsport in general is always rock solid.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Gaz-L posted:

Be very sad when the Redeemer beats Chris Dickinson to death

This is the exact matchup I was thinking of. It would be amazing to watch but yes, rip to Chris Dickinson

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I thought it would be cool if they set up a match between Kaz and either Gallows or Anderson before the Hangman/Kenny match where if Kaz won, the Good Brothers would be banned from ringside. I guess they still could do something good with the Elite Hunter story but yeah I wouldn't have had him lose here

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Lance not only had the benefit of winning the IWGP US title, but he also beat Moxley to do it. That's huge for him. Hasn't only Omega ever beaten Mox in singles competition in AEW?

Edit: He's also the only guy to do it clean, if you count winning a hardcore deathmatch by stabbing a guy with a fork and throwing him through 2 tables "clean". I mean, it's within the rules.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Just woke up to the news that Thunder Rosa signed AND number go up? Blessed day

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Pylons posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZrUIdIcJgs

They uploaded the unedited version of the Santana and Ortiz/FTR press conference.

Holy poo poo. I thought maybe the promo went tits up after Santana brought the photos out but actually he just obliterated FTR. Absolutely loving annihilated them on the mic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Punk working Dark until he's ready for Dynamite is a truly insane take.

I wonder who Brian and Punk's first programs will be against though. I feel like Punk and Will Hobbs might happen because Punk said he wants to work with him. Not sure about Brian though