Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Astro7x posted:

Why are they doing 4 "special" episodes of Dynamite in a row? It actually feels more like 7 in a row...

6/26 - Saturday Night Dynamite
6/30 - Fan Appreciation Night
7/7 - Road Rager
7/14 - Fyter Fest Week 1
7/21 - Fyter Fest Week 2
7/28 - Fight for the Fallen
7/4 - Homecoming

A minor criticism. I guess I just don't understand why Fyter Fest is two weeks, followed immediately by Fight for the Fallen for two years in a row.

Because they haven’t been able to tour for a year and a half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Nick Jr. Face posted:

What's the O/U on how many times JR will call him "Daniel Bryan"

On his first night? I’d set the line at 2.5.

Jericho really deserve credit for how his face sold Nick Gage.just pure “.what did I get my self into.”

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Saul Goode posted:

Kaz got done dirty. The Elite Hunter gimmick was the first time I've been invested in him since AEW started but the gimmick seemingly just got sacrificed to the Hangman angle. Where does he even go from here? Finding a new tag team partner to go up against Gallows and Anderson?

He wasn’t remember from the board or anything, I imagine he pops up to dispatch Cutler during the main event next week. The only downside of the current composition of the Elite is they don’t have an obvious mid-tier singles guy for him to pair off with established in the group.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I’m very into the implication that Andrade’s going to have to have a tag team that “works for him” now that the Lucha Bros have turned him down and he’s gone and gotten himself in a trios match with Death Triangle. Absent a debut of someone like Rush/Ryu Lee, I wouldn’t hate them getting weird with it and trading out TH2’s neon for suits.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/aew/status/1418278470224863238?s=21

Probably just In Action on Dynamite, but speculate wildly.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

MorningMoon posted:

Holy poo poo! Holy poo poo! Holy poo poo!

So I guess the pops were loud enough that TK had to buy out the contract (buy out all NWA??) and avoid the risk of losing her in the five months 'till the contract ends lol

100% worth buying the NWA just for Rosa’s contract.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

yea ok posted:

theres a lot of stuff every episode that i dont like. either due to my weird standards or just personal taste. but it’s so much more fun to post about what i like and enjoy about it so thats why i dont really worry about the bad crap

Gets it.

I wanna use my energy to get worked up about stuff I like, everything else I have a fast forward button for.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Mr. Squishy posted:

The bigger one w/ the red beard got hurt but he'll recover eventually.

They’re definitely on some type of deal though, and Archer dropped them as guys he’d like to form a stable with if he was fantasy booking.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Hey probably shot a Nick Gage Road To last night.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Raskolnikov38 posted:

100k pyramid is still going?

ABC has rebooted all manner of game shows recently for cheap summer programming.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Wasn’t there something going around about them doing a wrestling training reality show?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

kinetic77 posted:

I know money and drawing power will most likely override this, but I really wish Coward Tony would get the okay from Colt when it comes to signing Punk. That would be a nice gesture.

There’s no basis to assume he will or won’t, and I doubt what actually happens would get publicly disclosed either way.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Britt and Jungle Boy have been advertised for some UK comic con this fall for months, so almost certainly built around that.

I don’t know why anyone would have an expectation for COVID be reimplemented anywhere given all the available evidence on how capital has responded so far.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Gimme a Serena/Stat feud.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I appreciate that they had the plant out there the whole night. I noticed his TH2 cosplay at the top of the show.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Jeff’s just gonna accidentally hit send on their #AllElite graphics on a Tuesday afternoon and that’ll be that.

Given that both signings immediately got out (assuming they’re true), I am curious if they they just openly promote that they’re coming than make them a surprise debut.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

MassRafTer posted:

It's not that they don't like surprises they just don't want too many, they want the right things promoted ahead of time, and the right surprises.

Yeah, it’s this. In the last month Andrade, Malakai Black, Nick Gage and Chavo Guerrero all showed up unannounced, not that those are all the same level of surprise.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Tony’s also the same age now as Vince was at Wrestlemania I. Plenty of time to have an entirely different professional trajectory.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Bryan to Wingmen, CM Punk to Bear Country.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Gaz-L posted:

I get the distinct impression people are overselling this. No way Jericho would've OK'ed the match if he wasn't certain. It's gonna be more like one of Jericho's Tokyo Dome matches than a full-on deathmatch. There'll be chairs and tables, but we're not getting lighttubes and glass in what's almost definitely the opener.

Wrong, it’ll be the bridge into 9 PM match.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

graph posted:

chances pretty high we're going to get cardona interference weds ?

No, chances are not high that they’re going to run a tangentially related GCW angle as part of AEW’s number 2/3 feud on Dynamite. Look at how little Impact stuff ends up on Dynamite via Kenny, and expect even less than that.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

El Generico posted:

CM Punk should come out to "We Didn't Start The Fire"

This, but all the words are about wrestling now.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

TV Zombie posted:

I wonder if he has unrestricted access to any of the wrestlers because while this could be interesting, I don’t know that this would be the first thing I’d book if given the opportunity.

https://twitter.com/aew/status/1419408365084717633?s=21

Not enough talk about how a man who won a contest on Sunday was able to book a match taped 4 days earlier.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Also, if Punk/Danielson are coming in, there’s less of a need to ensure Jericho has a presence every week to some degree.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

MJeff posted:

Ehhh I dont think we'll necessarily be seeing Punk or Bryan every week.

Me neither, but having 3 guys at that mainstream recognition level means you can share the load rather than constantly booking Inner Circle town halls for the Q4-Q5 bridge.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

If anything, they could’ve swapped out Darby-Yuta for additional women’s segments, but otherwise id be hard pressed to swap anything out.

Hopefully Rosa and Britt both get matches at All Out, but I could also see he former in the Battle Royale instead (which I’m genuinely interested in seeing who they bring in for that, because there are only 17 women on the roster page that could plausibly be in that, and that doesn’t take into account whoever gets the title match and assumes Yuka’s excursion is longer than a month). If I were to guess non-roster, KiLynn King and Diamanté seem like near locks, plus maybe one or two other Dark regular’s from Daily’s and the joker (who I guess ends up being Ruby Soho).

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jul 28, 2021

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

RealFoxy posted:

Britt and Riho are demo goddesses but AEW didn't really have a lot to work with. The women's roster in AEW didn't have a Moxley or Jericho or Omega to work with.

If BBT could pull in someone like Kairi, Becky, or Rousey tho.

Rosa finally escaping NWA is also a positive development, she’s 100% a needle mover that can carry a feud that’s not title based.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

It kinda hit me last night that in the span of less than 2 years The Dark Order are going to go from beating down The Elite in a closing angle that (stupid) people thought would kill the promotion entirely to beating down The Elite in the hottest feud the company has going, and probably a top 5 angle in wrestling as a whole right now.

Same, and then I get a little sad wondering what the original version of this angle with Brodie would’ve looked like.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

explosivo posted:

I saw bix RT a story yesterday talking about AEW people internally discussing the possibility of pausing shows sooner than later, I have no idea if it's true or not but there don't necessarily have to be lockdowns for them to decide to stop doing shows again if they deem it a safety concern.

E:
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1420196970786967554

That report is about how AEW is coming up with contingencies in the event of another shutdown (which are politically unlikely) and doesn’t say anything about them considering cancelling events Monday their own.

Did anything we’re going to get a whole other round of a game of chicken where venues and event promoters try to be the ones to avoid cancelling events so they’re not the ones who eat the cost.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jul 28, 2021

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Diabolik900 posted:

Yeah, and they’d be idiots if they weren’t thinking about contingency plans at this point. Doesn’t mean they’re ever going to make the call on their own.

That’s why it’s weird to me Bodyslam is framing it as an exclusive scoop. WWE is assuredly having the same conversations right now.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

New Deeb shirt dropped, hope this is an indicator she’s going to be a factor on the show this week (tails end of the Julia/Rosa segment?).

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Ganso Bomb posted:

Hell yeah, I love lucha tag rules. They really make for a whole new dynamic.
Haven’t seen it, but I kind of love how it effectively removes the isolation heat and hot tags from the menu in how to lay out the match.