Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Jesus, what a Dynamite and what a loving news day today! Now they just need to sign King, Fuego, and Diamante and all will be right with the wrestling universe.

Something I noticed watching Nick Gage's tron: it's the closest we'll ever get to having Effy on AEW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Rarity posted:

I know he doesn't want to sign anywhere big but would be up for coming in as a one-shot?

I sure hope so but it feels like a real longshot.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

graph posted:

if fuego ever gets a big big match tk should get him 'right here right now' as his special music

I kinda love that for an entrance theme.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

neoaxd posted:

Fatboy Slim or Jesus Jones?

If it's not Jesus Jones I want no part of it and also don't know the Fatboy Slim one.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Lid posted:

speaking of Dark are Bear Country still around or did one get injured putting an end to that run?

Bronson has had a number of singles outings recently, they're absolutely still a thing but probably just off-cycle right now.

Edit:

I have no particular feelings about CM Punk and am actively ambivalent towards the Bulls (having grown up in Chicago during their unstoppable reign as a non-basketball fan meant they were dull because of their dominance) but if Punk came out to this I would pop so hard I'd get a nosebleed.

rantmo fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jul 22, 2021

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I Before E posted:

https://youtu.be/ub747pprmJ8

It's pretty good but I think Cody would rankle at someone having a song with more leadup than his.

Vastly inferior to Jesus Jones :colbert:

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Drakkel posted:

How about this, the Elite take out Silver and Reynolds backstage before the match but since it's "Elite vs Dark Order" they can put in two other members, who don't come out until the finish when CM Punk and Daniel Bryan both come out at the same time as No 6 and No 7, hit their finishers on Kenny and both pin him simultaneously.

Colt is Number 6 though it's never been said.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Well poo poo, I stand corrected.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Yup, Cutler in disguise was 9 for that one match.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

kinetic77 posted:

I know money and drawing power will most likely override this, but I really wish Coward Tony would get the okay from Colt when it comes to signing Punk. That would be a nice gesture.

It wouldn't surprise me if they'd talked about it at least, TK seems the type to engage his people openly.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Lamuella posted:

Jesus, if they'd only played the whole thing. There is so much passion and energy here.

Santana going "enough of this 'wrestling'" is just loving perfect.

Hot take: Santana should be given promo time every episode.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

Now specifically seems like inopportune time to announce a UK tour. Aren't case numbers spiking there?

I mean, they're spiking wildly throughout the US too.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

dracula vladdy AF posted:

They go all in and claim that both Saki Akai and Sakisama have both come to America and are different people but Taz is out there not believing it as if Sakisama is chicken boo or something

At least that's not a basic bird.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Finally decided that since I could not get All Out tickets (and will not shell out secondary market prices) that I will treat myself to both the Dynamite and Rampage tapings that week and ended up being able to get the same seat for both. It delights me.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

The Stroker Ace posted:

I’m so excited for Charlotte but honestly even being vaccinated I’m a little worried about being in a giant room full or people. I guess I’ll probably still wear a mask.

I'm probably going to stay masked at the Chicago tapings even though our vaccination rates here are decent, I'm just not interested in taking a risk in such a big crowd.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Pinwiz11 posted:

I'm thinking the same at this point. Thankfully I don't wear my glasses to wrestling (I'm nearsighted, so wrestling is fine) so no worries about fogging.

Do you get fogging even when it's warm out? I only tend to get fogged up around 50 degrees or so.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/KingSerpentico/status/1419073848658599940?s=19

:sickos:

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

How did he ruin Warhorse's match?

Not the match but he 100% ruined WARHORSE's appearance because it's the one outside opponent that got no post-match shine from Cody, instead they had Silver and Reynolds run in for no loving reason just so what's his nuts could make the save.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

It was definitely not a great match, and not representative of WARHORSE's quality, he and Cody never really got started because Cody was in cocky dickhead mode and kept leaving the ring and poo poo. I'm not saying that WARHORSE is at the same level of Ricky Starks or Eddie, but I am saying that he's good--yea indeed he rules rear end--and deserved a fairer shake than he got.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Lid posted:

in context WARHORSE looked even worse as the week before was Eddie Kingston who got to do that promo and then had a barn burner with Cody.

If he had even been given a little promo time it would have been better, he's no an Eddie-style promo but he's got a great, intense, weird energy that brings a lot to the character.

Also, goddamn he throws a pretty top-rope elbow drop.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

shiksa posted:

yo running united center would be incredible if they're actually announcing that im there

I think cm punk should embrace the wcw nature of aew by coming out to a sound alike of "cult of personality" with no vocals except for clips of punk saying "what do my knuckles say?" and uhhh "best in the world" or whatever

AEW should never run an event in Chicago that is not either A) actually in Chicago or B) CTA accessible (please TK don't make me have to borrow a car anymore to come to tapings.)

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

yea ok posted:

wow can you cut out the gimmick rambling?

Where's the fun in that?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Sure sounds to me like the ring gear he'll be wearing on Wednesday.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Gavok posted:

And he's going to alter it to be Dark Order colors.

I was assuming it already was, but you're right, he talked about changing it. gently caress, the glee will kill me dead and I'm ready for it.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

And Thunder Rosa.

Edit: Holy poo poo, Colt caught delta variant COVID and that's why he's been out. Picked it up at an indie show even though he's been vaccinated since February.

rantmo fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jul 27, 2021

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I mean, he's gotta be relatively ok since he just dropped that as the intro to this week's Wrestling Anonymous and sounds fine (definitely pissed at whoever was asymptomatic at a show.) Still, gently caress.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

what if they were also vaccinated?

Improbably terrible luck? I thought it was pretty well established that vaccinated aren't likely to spread the virus, though maybe Delta is an exception?

IcePhoenix posted:

Also, who was that cutting a promo during the Cody segment?

I assume a Nightmare Factory student.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

karmicknight posted:

I'm pretty sure Snakem'n is more signed that Fuego del Sol.

Yeah he's signed as hell, he's got enough pull that he was even able to blacklist his mortal enemy Jon Cruz.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Mel is very bad at wrestling for having 14 years experience. I was surprised to see her announced for the next AAW show, so she's still working.

Gaz-L posted:

Deeb going to AEW full time

Deeb is #AllElite and has been for a while.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Taz is great at cooking game fowl, of course, but rankles at the thought of having to work with chicken or turkey.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I'm really interested to see how Julia does tonight, she's so green but is making really measurable progress, Thunder Rosa is basically the perfect opponent for her on the big stage like this.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm going to see a movie tomorrow night and am going to be wearing a mask the whole time. I don't know if it's rational or not but I am hella scared of these variants even though I'm fully vaxxed.

That's what I did when I saw Black Widow and it was totally fine (it helps that I don't get snacks or drinks at movies) and it's sure as poo poo what I'll be doing in September at Dynamite and Rampage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Dark Order Kool-Aid (Not As Bad As We Thought) is incredible.