Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
You know what's crazy, they apparently signed Bryan today and probably could've gotten him on the show as a massive shock debut, but there was so much happening that they didn't even have to. The show was that tightly paced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The Britt/Nyla match wasn't bad, I just think they don't have great ring chemistry. Nyla gasses sometimes and Britt's transitions aren't great, so the moves in between the big ones are often slow or awkward. They've both had great matches with others, but they don't seem to mesh all that well with each other.

I'm really hoping Death Triangle sticks together and Andrade just brings in two more flippy bois. DT has had so much bad luck preventing all 3 from appearing together, so I'd like to see an actual strong run for them while everyone's present and healthy before thinking about changing the dynamic.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

StarkRavingMad posted:

One other thing worth mentioning is that if Chavo sticks around, he's got a lot of upside aside from just being Andrade's mouthpiece. In Lucha Underground, he was a wrestler at first but primarily moved into a backstage coach/agent position in the later seasons and was reportedly pretty good at that. And has experience working with a good chunk of AEW's roster in that role.

Chavo was head booker and EP, wasn't he? He did a drat good job.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Astro7x posted:

A minor criticism. I guess I just don't understand why Fyter Fest is two weeks, followed immediately by Fight for the Fallen for two years in a row.

It's because Fyter Fest and Fight for the Fallen were both first-year PPVs, before AEW PPVs moved to the 4-per-year format (Revolution, Double or Nothing, All Out, Full Gear). Before Dynamite started in October 2019, adding a couple extra PPV specials in June and July was all they could do to keep interest intact during summer 2019. Now that they have a weekly show, those two are now midsummer TV specials with the same names in lieu of a full summer PPV.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The next challenges are obviously going to be Mirror Jericho, then Goro, and finally Shang Tsung.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

They’re definitely on some type of deal though, and Archer dropped them as guys he’d like to form a stable with if he was fantasy booking.

Murder Country would be a kickass name for a stable, though I could see them going with a predatory animals theme.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The Jay White/Kenny segment on Impact was pretty good and had minimal input from the commentators, if anyone's interested. It's right around the midpoint of the episode.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm pretty surprised at 10 not being in the 5v5. You'd think they'd put in their biggest guy. I'm guessing it's because a multi-man tag is a good test for Silver coming back.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

DMorbid posted:

Only if Mei Saint-Michel shows up with her.

Ex: "...so she went to this forest in France and played her flute, and then this tiny feral maid appeared and followed her home, and now the maid uses her tray to attack opponents during matches"
:bahgawd: "I saw that all the time when I reffed matches in the 70s"
I want to see him explain Taichi.

JR: "So he's the Phantom of the Opera? I get that."
Ex: "Sort of. But Miho has to pray for his arrival first. He's the Holy Emperor."
JR: "The holy what now? Look at him! He's not even really singing!"
Ex: "How dare you. He sings the song perfectly every time."

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If you didn't watch Elevation last week, you missed Luther screaming "POCKETS!" and unsuccessfully attempting to stuff his own hands into Orange Cassidy's pockets.

Between that and Sting, lots of good OC comedy this week.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
With the Punk debut, I hope people aren't doing that thing wrestling & TV fandoms always do where they fall in love with their fantasy booking so hard that anything else is a disappointment. If they're holding off on debuting Punk for Chicago, it's 100% going to be him coming out to Cult of Personality. They're not going to give a pop that huge and memorable to a momentary fakeout. They're also not going to use his infinitely less recognizable indie theme.

the_Vandal posted:

Is there a streaming service or anywhere that I can watch all of the old episodes of dynamite? I'm not asking for :filez: or anything like that. I was just wondering because I have missed so much of the show since it started. If there isn't any place like that then I can probably just read a wicki and just try to find all the big matches on their own. Thanks!
When I was behind, I caught up using Bleacher Report Live. You have to make a free account, and they don't have every episode, but they do have a lot. They're in the process of moving though, so I guess you could try to look up episodes by date on Bilibili.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If we can talk about Punk and Bryan being signed, we can talk about Emi heading back to the US. It's not a spoiler unless we're talking about taping results and stuff like that.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It'd be kinda hilarious if they debuted as a tag team and didn't put them into singles at all.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The middle part of the stage comes up to reveal Downstait covering Cult of Personality as Cody emerges to show off his new Chicago flag trunks. He just really wanted to let everyone know he and Brandi have decided to move to the Midwest. He is confused by the boos, completely unaware why people are disappointed.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
A couple months later Ride of the Valkyries plays and Cody emerges onto the stage pointing to the sky and yelling "YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!" and still can't understand why everyone's booing him. He's just super excited to show you all his new beard.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Alaois posted:

i could have sworn Brian Clark died like 15 years ago but no he's apparently on twitter and is a very nice man

You're probably thinking of Brian Adams, his Kronik tag partner. He died in '07.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Gage would make a fine addition to the Adam Page/ Ethan Page vs Brian Cage/Christian Cage match in a steel cage featuring Dallas Page. Now they just need to get Paige.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

flashy_mcflash posted:

If DDP could get him off the meth, bringing back Silent Rage for this would be a nice comeback story

I think we can all agree that the line we won't cross with this joke is bringing in Alex "Rage" Riley.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

RealFoxy posted:

It rules that Nick Gage is so believable that people think a pizza cutter can cut down to the bone on someone's forehead despite how much pizzas goons eat. It reminds me of being 14 on the internet and being worked by Homicide's forks.

It's one of the first things Sami Callihan did in the title match with Kenny last week though, so maybe they won't want to repeat a spot from a very recent Impact PPV.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Lid posted:

If a tree falls on a show and no ones around does it make a sound

To be clear, I'm not saying they might not want to repeat the spot because it's repetitive, but because it was used on an Impact PPV.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Ganso Bomb posted:

Nick Gage should pull a pizza cutter out of one pocket then a tiny pizza out of the other and cut slices for himself and Jericho

Recreate that Matt Hardy pizza eating contest but with Gage instead of MVP.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Gumball Gumption posted:

lol yeah I wanted to like that but it has some real pop goes punk energy to it

If you've ever listened to the writer's room on Pod Minutes to Castnight, this tracks a whole lot. They like some really terrible bands.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Is there a different Will he could be referring to because Ospreay's neck is utterly hosed right now.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Maybe it's Willow the Wisp

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

rotinaj posted:

I am finishing up Elevation from last night, and holy poo poo does Pac look ripped and muscular and beastly as gently caress. He always looks good, but he looks REALLY good.

I think Pac's late-2018 DG title run after WWE had him on the shelf for a year was the best I've ever seen him look. I'm pretty sure he just spent all that downtime angrily working out.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Pylons posted:

Oh no not a "you people" promo

I'd argue that going from no audience to full audience is the only appropriate time to do a "you people" promo.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Pylons posted:

Is Angelico hinting that the trios division is going to be under Lucha Tag rules?

I wonder if that just means "tags = partner out of ring" like Dragon Gate uses, or if they'd go full 2/3 captain's fall with it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
A few missed opportunities.

That's Not Tiramisu End, That's Malakai Black Cherry
Kris Stracciatellander
Fior di latte del Sol
The Baciostard Pac

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

karmicknight posted:

:wrong: Leva Bates was there and then so was Brandon Cutler until Peter pushed them away because they were not lead ready to soar with the wingmen.

Race to the Bottom was a great Dark angle, and they should do it again every year when the stats reset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Drakkel posted:

Is that from the match where people kept latching onto each others assholes until they formed a 10-man human centipede which Liger then led around the ring while pantomiming a choo-choo train?

I love wrestling.