Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Ruled: Archer winning and that match in general, Death Triangle vs Andrade bi-lingual promo, PNP promo, Yuta's duster.

Drooled: Britt and Nyla sloppin' around, Shawn Spears, commentary had kind of an off night, Yuta's dirty tights.

I'm hoping we get something new in the Kenny/Page drama besides Page interrupts Kenny, Dark Order makes the save, repeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Vince MechMahon posted:

I can't imagine not liking Spears after that match. Alien to me.

Most of the Cody and Inner Circle/Pinnacle stuff just falls flat for me. Which is cool, because AEW has multiple styles of wrestling stories and wrestling. And even though I don't consider Spears one of my favorites, he's fine. AEW's worst parts are "it's ok", which is a pretty good position to be in.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Vince MechMahon posted:

What about when he makes the cum face after using a chair though?

Can't say I've noticed it. I'll go watch the match again.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

On rewatch, it's fair to admit Spears / Jericho was better than I originally thought.

I'm still thinking about MDK, Death Triangle, Bullet Club, and Lance Archer the next day like it was a PPV or something. But no, it was just an episode of TV.

Insane to think how fun AEW is right now even without the two rumored new deals.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

This should strengthen his resolve to use increasingly more guerilla tactics. That singles match was the equivalent of a small rebel force meeting the opponent in an open field with an honorable battle - don't be a dummy, Kaz.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I can't imagine starting watching AEW right now - so much poo poo is about to happen.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Did Mox ever share any photos of his back after the match?

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Seams posted:

Danielson and Punk debut as a tag-team and Kenny beats them both at the same time while Excalibur screams “welcome to the big leagues, kids!”

JR: "I can't believe they're here in WWE!"

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Indications are that Bryan will be in New York. They would be crazy not to do something with Punk in Chicago if they can.

I'm torn on whether or not MJF should come out to Cult of Personality in Chicago before Punk's debut. I think there would be an actual riot.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Conspiracy theory time: since SRS reported both Daniel Bryan and CM Punk going to AEW based on what “someone high up in WWE” told him, who do we think it is?

My guess is HHH thinking he’s hurting AEW by ruining surprises which is absolutely going to backfire

Whomever leaked it talks too much, or is trying to do what you suggested. I honestly could see it being either.

Constraints are a good thing as they force you to be creative. This is just another thing that Tony will book as best he can given the circumstances - which he seems to excel at.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Next level conspiracy: HHH is mad that NXT is labeled as developmental and Kross got buried, so he doesn't give a poo poo about keeping secrets that create buzz for AEW.

luchadornado fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jul 24, 2021

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Punk will be one of the Labors of Jericho

MotU posted:

MJF comes out to Cult of Personality. The lights go off. The lights come on. MJF is still in the ring

:bisonyes:

I'm fantasy booking like a dumbass teenage me. Wrestling is good.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

If you're in the US and don't want to deal with a VPN, you can do the $30/mo Sling package that has TNT.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

sticklefifer posted:

With the Punk debut, I hope people aren't doing that thing wrestling & TV fandoms always do where they fall in love with their fantasy booking so hard that anything else is a disappointment.

anything less than punk making out with cabana and we riot

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I keep thinking - how the hell do you have Nick Gage do network TV? The dude was adamant that he be allowed to finish a match minutes before dying. I haven't closely followed his career, but he doesn't seem like the person that has an act that can be toned down - it's just 100% Nick Gage.

I'll find out Wednesday I guess.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Suplex Liberace posted:

lol nick is the goat eveyone buys it. hes worked chikara in the past with no issues and the same gimmick

This is kind of what I was wondering about. He's absolutely fantastic at selling the gimmick, and I love it.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

My uncle works for AEW and he said TNT is cool with one wrestler dying per quarter and Tony plans on using the same casket that Ethan Page is in for the loser of the match.

gage closes the lid, but Jericho's belly keeps it from closing, so it awkwardly wobbles a bit as gage loudly cusses at no one in particular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Was there ever a payoff to Scorpio winning the giant foam Cheerio?