Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

neoaxd posted:

NJPW controls the booking of the IWGP US title, right?

As it’s their title, I would imagine so.

Tony probably asked if he could put the belt on Lance and they went “of course!” because Lance was a loyal guy to them, worked his rear end off to promote the G1 in Dallas, did business on the way out as professionally as possible, and would gladly like to do a tour and drop the belt to Jeff Cobb or something.

Actually I bet that’s exactly who he loses the belt to

And that match would be bugfuck nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

neoaxd posted:

That's what I was wondering about.
Does Tony ask if he can change the title and they sign off on it, or did NJPW call em and say "put that belt on Archer"?

I would guess at some point he probably hashed out what his ideas for the belt were with someone from the New Japan booking team (probably Rocky), it went through Gedo, Gedo said “I like it!” and NJPW gave him the approval to run the booking he came up with, with New Japan asking that they try to keep challengers to guys either currently tied to or with strong pasts with New Japan and to book the belt strongly as it’s their co-secondary title alongside the NEVER belt now.

I have to imagine Archer will suddenly be added to the NJPW Resurgence card on August 14th, defend the belt there, carry it around on Dynamite for a bit, defend it every so often, and either fly over for the Wrestle Grand Slam show in September, Power Struggle in November, or just holds onto it until the Dome in January and drops it to Cobb on a New Japan show.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Pinwiz11 posted:

Chavo also did all training for GLOW, I think.

He did. He trained the actresses and acted as the consultant on wrestling for the show overall, but they cancelled GLOW like last year so he's been available for a while. Wouldn't surprise me if it turned out he was first approached to be a coach and when they decided the Vickie/Andrade combo wasn't working that he could be an on-screen guy, too.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

For anyone wondering about Nick Gage, just google dark side of the ring nick gage and you'll be introduced to him pretty well.

Just... prepare for some gnarly poo poo if you're squeamish about blood, light tubes, pizza cutters, barbed wire, fire, glass windows...

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

^^ SRS says the guy who reported it does have people in AEW who talk to him, so it’s not someone who would necessarily be pulling poo poo out his rear end for the lols

Majinfoose posted:

Fun show, I had friends watching with me and they were super into Mox, as they should be.

OC/Sting was the best thing.

Where in the previous thread was the Bryan news dropped? I saw Cultaholic posted a video and I marked out at the possibility.

It dropped early in the Dynamite thread. The previous discussion thread still had it as very much a hypothetical spurred on by the CM Punk rumors, then the thread was closed for Dynamite, and I think someone posted the Bodyslam tweet before Jericho/Spears was even over, before MDK ALL FUCKIN DAY happened

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Scrubbed through the thread and am surprised no one posted the follow up Bodyslam is running to their “Danielson is signed” tweet:

https://twitter.com/casshooole/status/1418010575582412802?s=21

Assuming plans stick and the whole thing isn’t bullshit: Arthur Ashe Stadium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Seams posted:

Maybe Gage turns on MJF because he doesn’t like being treated like a lackey? I guess that would mean he wouldn’t get paid but MDK is more important than money

Likely ending if I were to venture a guess: Jericho wins, MJF says because Gage lost he can go screw himself, no money, turns to leave, Gage gives him the Choke Breaker, grabs the pizza cutter, but before he can get back to MJF someone from the Pinnacle pulls him out. Gage gets a babyface moment, MJF looks like an even bigger dick, GCW can run MJF vs Gage at some point with this being the inciting incident, and MJF announces the third labor at some point later in the show.