Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
I threw down some conveyor belt material in my greenhouses, you would still need to throw down some wood for jackstands but its a durable non slip weed and moisture barrier. I found the material at a farm auction but have seen it on craigslist. I think its out of a mine or somewhere similar, its pretty stiff and is a few feet wide and about an inch thick.

Xenix posted:

Trench, drain tile, sump pump.

The materials for this (except for the pump) are all relatively inexpensive, but there is a decent amount of labor needed. A decent sump pump is $250-400, but if you line everything with filter fabric, including the sump pit, you can probably get away without a pump that can pass decent sized solids.
In the late 90s the inside of my basement was trenched and a sump put in, in a walk out basement it was still a ton of labor. With that work and proper sloping outside the basement floor stays dry and it only needs one dehumidifier.

Depending on how bad the water issue is and the soil type you're going to have to do something to address it before you consider a floor. How is the ground sloped leading up to that back wall?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU