Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

i have mostly been playing eldegoss and i agree its incredibly powerful, the aoe on the shield+heal is crazy and both of the leaf blast upgrades are crazy good. if you take left upgrade on the leaf blast you can solo any neutral spawn, and if the other team shows up you can just ult and fly across the map while invulnerable

slowbro is also very good and has a crazy amount of lockdown, but i think scald is kind of a trap and you should always go surf for the triple stun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

it's wild that they made a character with 3 moves that are all stuns and then they gave it to everyone for free. i always pick slowbro if i'm playing defender

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

rotom/zapdos for instadunk but also recognize that its a subtle comeback mechanic for the other team, along with the dunkable zones disappearing and becoming harder to dunk in as you start to win more and more

you dont get points for "not dying with 50 orbs on top of their 5 stack" but its just as important as actually scoring yourself when it comes to winning the game

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

generally agreed but i would note that often the best play is simply to help your team in the eventual loss 5v5. the late game priority queue is like:

1) dunk any held points on a non-spawn location
2) get zapdos, or if you're losing/behind, stall at zapdos for as long as possible
3) fight the other team as far away from your base as you can, for as long as you can, because they can't score while they are fighting you

it's never a good idea to abandon your team once the clock hits like ~3 minutes or so, you'll contribute to a win better by being 5 people doing a stupid thing rather than 4 people doing a stupid thing and 1 guy farming arduinos