Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

What is the deal with attack vs sp. attack. Do different moves key off one or the other, or is it just like, auto attack damage vs skill damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm not sure the difference between a level 10 item which still takes a fuckload of enhancers but is relatively achievable, and a fully upgraded item is that meaningful a difference though. Like probably enough to be an edge vs evenly matched players but I don't think you're going to be stomping people if you spend $120 for a full set and have 2% extra attack speed or whatever

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The gacha is craziest thing about the monetization in this game because, I don't think you can buy pulls?? You have to actually play the game to earn gacha energy but, you can pay to get more energy per game and also pay to break the limit on how many pulls you can earn a week. Idk that I've ever seen gacha implemented that way

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm not buying it to find out but my understanding is, that doesn't give you 1000 energy straight up, but adds 1000 energy to the tank on the left that you still need to play to extract pulls from. You get 1400 energy in the tank for free a week

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The quick mode map today is wild, no lanes all jungle, and you get 2x points when you dunk immediately after anyone else dunks in a hoop so you really need perhaps a bit more coordination than you should expect from a moba for babies. You can tell pretty much within the first minute who's going to win, depending on whichever team is setting up dunks properly

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

If you do get that just leave I guess, because it does replace people with bots. I've had exactly one game, out of like 50, where it told me someone got replaced and asked me to issue orders. Only choices are stay put and follow me though, so they're not very useful

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I think(?) you get your money back if you get it from a quest, at least. Move speed is always good in these games though so yeah float stone is a must pick imo. If you're playing support I really like buddy barrier also, it doesn't proc that often but its totally something that can swing a team fight in your favor when you get a chance to use it.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Don't forget you can also press the button a second time before it expires to pull them in

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ultrachrist posted:

My skills were auto upgrading... need to figure that part out.
They auto upgrade after a couple seconds if you don't pick one with the dpad. But also you can choose which auto upgrades you want in the pokemon menu or the battle prep menu.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Avalerion posted:

Amazing, thanks! :cheers:

Another question, how do battle passes work? I'm temped to drop five or however bucks down on that pirate cinderace but... if I'm understanding it correctly I won't actually get it, would still have to grind? :bang:
I wouldn't say its exactly grindy, but it is a commitment. There's a super finite number of levels you can earn, only 100 points a day that you can usually knock out in a couple matches, and idk a few hundred a week. Depends on which quests you get though. So its less like how many hours are you willing to grind and more, how regularly over the next 2 months do you plan on playing. If the answer is much less than "every day" maybe don't get the BP

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The worst ranked lost I had was the other day, when I discovered that I guess if someone drops from the match, your exp share stops working? So I ended up having to farm up Eldegoss on my own and be worthless for a big chunk of the match. 4v5 was bad enough but it was more like 3v5

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

babypolis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyRFGxncuAk

this streamer maxes out the phys dmg and the crit dmg ones and just rolls over everyone. but its hard to tell how much is the pay2win stuff and how much is just dunking on literal children

from my limited understanding of MOBA math those small bonuses tend to amount to a lot tho
I'm not convinced he wouldn't have done just as well without spending a million dollars on it, that was day one and he was playing against bots, children, and people that didn't know how to play the game. If he was consistently doing it and master ranked now then maybe there's something to it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

gay_crimes posted:

Dunno if you all played other MOBAs, but small percentages are huge when it gets more competitive and you are ladder climbing
If its an even match sure absolutely, I'm not saying its not at least a little pay to win. You still gotta be good enough at the game to get to the point where that small percentage factors, though. I just don't think there's anything to be learned from the clip of the dude fighting bots that everyone points to, when he loses all his ranked matches immediately after.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Acerbatus posted:

So the thing I don't get about having now tried and watched garchomp:

He's weak early, he can only hit people in melee, and he's significantly less mobile than the likes of Zeraora or the like while also having no crowd control. He just gets kited after he uses dig since he doesn't have a slow on it at first. What does he... do?
I have no idea but whenever I'm Eldegoss and have a Garchomp in the same lane we tear poo poo up and win, so whatever he does I'm glad of it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Just cotton guard, which was way too good as it was and tilted teamfights a ton for a button you can just mash on CD. Eldegoss' healing is still pretty crazy, you just can't keep your entire lane invincible anymore.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jerk McJerkface posted:

The fact that you have to give up your healing skill when you level up when you switch to Cotton Spore is such a weird mechanic.
Pollen Puff is their main heal really, especially now that Cotton Guard is nerfed, but the shields are the most meaningful part of guard since the heal doesn't come out until the shield expires. Eldegoss is the pokemon that branches hardest though depending on what skills you pick, either big heals/shields or haste/slow buffer/debuffer (imo heal eldegoss is still way better even after the nerfs)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

War Wizard posted:

I lost a game because the drift problem with my switch controller interrupts dunking. It would have been a last second dunk for 100 points that would have saved the game, but no, inferior Nintendo hardware will decide whether you win or not, lol!
This is the game that finally got me to replace my sticks, because even right stick drift freaks it the gently caress out and causes all kinds of dropped and phantom inputs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I think you're probably expecting too much here, do these mobage mobas ever shake things up significantly? But yeah I've still been playing at least a match a day, its a good rear end game even if its 100% predictable at this point