Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I think I love this game.

It's the first moba in years since I quit dota 2 that I feel able to actually understand from the outset. Switching characters is super easy because they're so obvious. And this has the additional effect of what happened to you also being pretty obvious because the powerset is so limited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I really rate Talonflame? I feel like you can just play your own game, counter jungle the opposing speedster and then carry your team to victory across the midgame.

I strongly suspect that there's broken poo poo I don't understand, I've been avidly avoiding ranked as much as possible until I understand more about what works and doesn't.

In other news I don't see many people running the Fairy side of Ninetales but I think it's really powerful relative to her Ice side. Aurora veil in particular feels like a cheat code for getting easy freezes.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Ranked is a completely different game than normals. I'm stuck at Elite 4 (heh heh) and the laning stage is so punishing that if you fall behind you're never catching back up. So, whichever team has better harass and survivability has a massive advantage, and Scorbunny has the best harass in the game.

Talonflame isn't bad per-se, he's just not any significantly better (or even really different) from Zeraora. Snorlax on the other hand seems like a massive upgrade from Slowbro, who can survive in the lane okay but can't really punish the enemy if they decide to ignore you and focus your partner down. Or Edelgoss who is the only healer in the game for some reason

Why do you rate Snorlax over Slowbro? I've found the stun city of the latter to be far more aggravating late than just the ignorable pool of HP that is Snorlax.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

gay_crimes posted:

I’m an idiot that used to play league a while ago. Any guides or a succinct primer to read for this? Also, how “predatory” is the monetization? Should I just be ready to cough up :tenbux: in this free game or is it more egregious? I love Pokémon and have played a few rounds and have had fun but I don’t really know what I’m doing, I’m winning but I’m probably just beating kids or bots

About as bad as the old League rune pages were. So not bad enough to require you to cough up money to be competitive but enough to be noticeable if you do have things maxxed out.

If you play league, read the chatter on this thread and pick up and play. It's super super simple so it'll be easy to pick up quickly.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Eevee where your eeveelution depends on the skill choices you make.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Yeah like I'm trying to follow the one trick Ninetales strat but so often my bottom lane just completely caves and I can't bring them back out.

Usually it's a Zeroara that just balls out of control and kills absolutely everyone. That poke feels bonkers overpowered at the moment.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Mega64 posted:

I'm lucky because nobody ever fights me for Talonflame, even though I usually wait 20 seconds for people to choose whatever, even in ranked.

It's rare I see T-Bird on the other team, either.

Like the problem Tflame has is that you could pick Zeroara and seemingly just be better in every possible way.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
I took a break and am in Great rank.

For love nor money I cannot get people to play objectives at all. I play Alolan ninetales top and run down to do stuff like contest Dreadnaw but nine times out of ten my team just ignores it and dies on the tower or they end up skirmishing whilst I slowly plink the dreadnaw down.

Zapdos is even worse because half the team will go to contest and at least one or two players will decide the optimal strategy is to go backdoor the enemy towers whilst we all die.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Rudoku posted:

Yeah Talonflame got good.

She's a loving terror now. Holy poo poo I've gone from being unable to break 50:50 to carrying games with 15-20 kills and about half as many assists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
I've consistently found Zeroara to be more oppressive than Lucario. Nothing seems to just delete health bars faster. Like you get the electric area of AoE death and basically every pokemon in the radius evaporates.