Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Counterpoint: Zeraora rushing in and doing whatever the gently caress it wants (killing me)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Only a few matches in, but my best role (as Talonflame, so far) seems to be guarding whichever lane my team neglects, having slapfights in No 'Mon's Land between bases, healing, and hunting npc pokemon to evolve and build up a charge for whenever the enemy team forgets I was in the neglected lane.

Fly is a perfect move for a newbie like me. People are mastering their combos and teamups, just let me back up for a second and figure out my play, including diving back in to fight.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Realized something very funny about the game. If you lose three games in a row, the game will put you into a bot match in your next round, even if you're playing ranked, and won't let you play against people again until you win a match.

I am look forward to the game offering me a freebie round after I get triple-crushed in ranked.

Pivoting to Venusaur, matches my semi-defensive play style in a way Ninetails didn't, plus Solar Beam is universally useful.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Oh wow, was disconnected (game crash) during the loading screen where you can see all 10 players. Opened the game back up, selected to join a match, and that SAME loading screen appeared, then I entered the game as if I'd idled the whole time. We came back with me 90 seconds behind, felt good.

Ninetails plays better now that I've replaced Avalanche, that move does me no favors.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Some of you have not experienced the sweet joy of watching two or three enemy players rush by while you hide in the bushes, then double back when they see you dunking behind them.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

I tried out Wigglytuff after seeing some cute Rollout videos and uh, nope. The nursery rhyme singer gets absolutely stuffed in a number of matchups and outright deleted in the crossfire in a support role. Better support, aggressive melee, and partner-up distance attackers exist.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Nybble posted:

Cinderace does great unless you run into an absurdly good Gengar

JFC Cinderace deleting most challengers with his flaming soccer ball is so satisfying after emerging from my shell of meek ranged attackers.

Tell me Machamp and its Suplex Mode is this fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

the only moments of the game that actually matter are the ones where you'd bother using your ult to secure Dreadnaw/Zapdos

Or in my case, "using your ult to bring Zapdos down to 1hp so the enemy team can get the final hit on it."

Goal doubling goes into effect at the 2:00 mark for both teams and I have squeaked out some wins racking up 2x goals during/after a crowded Zapdos brawl.

Kalko posted:

I switched to Buddy Barrier a while ago and I can't imagine using anything else on any Pokemon (except Lucario, apparently!)

THIS - I main Cramorant and discovering this item (which has no downsides AFAIK) has taken my ults to the next level.

Space Fish fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Aug 7, 2021