Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

ive never played a moba before and uh...i dont understand the op. it says things like "get into lane faster", which i assume means the 3 different linear areas, but like, why do you have to wait to do that? you cant just go straight to the HQ? or whatever you call zapdos? or wait, is rotom and the turtle pokemon the HQ? what the heck is a "jungle buff"

i wanted to try this since it seemed like a simplified moba and like LOL and stuff was way too much for me to keep up with, is it not that simple?

its for five year olds, the op is just very bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Different pokemon use different ones for their skills.

quote:

Physical Attack Pokemon are:

Absol
Charizard
Lucario
Machamp
Talonflame
Crustle
Garchomp
Greninja
Snorlax
Cinderace

Special Attack Pokemon include:

Venusaur
Zerora
Gengar
Slowbro
Alolan Ninetails
Eldegoss
Pikachu
Wigglytuff
Cramorant

there's no hybrid characters, so all of gengar's are special attacks and all of cinderace's are physical attacks. note that even if you're a special attack character your autos still key off regular attack, tho

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Walls are insanely good in MOBAs whenever there's a character that can make them, and Crustle can even lower theirs. However I would not trust a 5 year old child with this power.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Michaellaneous posted:

So how P2W is this game?
not at all

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Worse than I initially thought due to the hidden mechanic where the game will let you purchase item upgrades with premium currency instead of tickets if you run out. There's nothing you can buy that you can't earn in-game, but item upgrades are a big grind at high levels. That being said, fully upgrading a held item costs forty dollars, so you'd have to spend a ton of money for an upgrade that...may or may not help you win.
i didnt actually know this lol. that sucks rear end

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

no thats oblivious. if you hit 0 health you hit zero health. the blue health is essentially just damage you can heal later, not damage that didnt happen.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i want scizor

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

Wonder who will come after Blastoise. Are we missing any types?
Dark: 2 (Absol, Greninja)
Flying: 3 (Charizard, Cramorant, Talonflame)
Fire: 3 (Charizard, Cinderace, Talonflame)
Water: 2 (Slowbro, Cramorant)
Bug: 1 (Crustle)
Rock: 1 (Crustle)
Ground: 1 (Garchomp)
Dragon: 1 (Garchomp)
Ghost: 1 (Gengar)
Poison: 2 (Gengar, venusaur)
Steel: 1 (Lucario)
Fighting: 2 (Lucario, Machamp)
Psychic: 2 (Slowbro, Mr Mime)
Ice: 1 (Alolan Ninetails)
Electric: 2 (pikachu, zeraora)
Normal: 2 (Snorlax, Wigglytuff)
Grass: 2 (Eldegoss, venusaur)
Fairy: 1 (Wigglytuff)

So we have every type, though ground, poison, and steel only have what id call 'secondary' types. Like garchomp is primarily a dragon designwise, not ground

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

incidentally i thought about it and one thing i thinkd be really cute is if they put tyrogue in and made its level up skill choices both between a punch move and a kick move. if you pick both kicks you get hitmonlee, if you pick both punches you get hitmonchan, and if you pick one of each you get hitmontop. thatd be fun.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/PokemonUnite/status/1419326582204817416

survey theyve put out, lots of chances to say the held item leveling is a bit punitive. also a field for suggesting future pokemon. doubt either will have much effect but its your chance to demand chimecho

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

jokes aside the two that come to mind right away for me are magmortar with its big handcannons and rotom because you could have fun with it possessing stuff. tho i imagine the pokemon that are significant gameplay factors probably wont be added, at least not for a while. runerigus would also be cool.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they ran a poll in japan last year that had the following top 15

quote:

1. greninja
2. lucario
3. mimikyu
4. charizard
5. umbreon
6. sylveon
7. garchomp
8. rayquaza
9. gardevoir
10. gengar
11. dragapult
12. tyranitar
13. bulbasaur
14. toxtricity
15. lugia

i feel like they definitely referenced this poll cause of the top 10 they're all in except the eons, rayquaza, and mimikyu. the eons are a case where they probably have to figure out how theyre gonna handle eevee gameplay-wise, they don't seem to want to put in legendaries (yet, anyway), so its really only mimikyu who got snubbed.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

actually they should add gyarados just because i presume it would spend the first 3 minutes of every game desperately trying to farm the jungle as magikarp, and any attempt to actually play the game would lead to it being instantly deleted

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

When you telekenesis someone, they’re immune to damage right? Basically just takes them out of the fighting completely?
not only do they still take damage, slowbro's entire purpose as a character is to tk someone and then have everyone else wail on them

Tempura Wizard posted:

Dunno if this counts as CC but Mr. Mime has walls and can use his psychic to slam people into them and stun them or use them to separate groups / prevent retreats and it's a whole lotta fun.
snorlax's block actually moves people around, so what you can do is heavy slam into the enemy team, activate block, and then push them all into your team

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Kingfish posted:

It’s very frustrating that there is no way to communicate basic thoughts. I would feel a lot better about things if I could at least spam “DO NOT FIGHT ZAPADOS” or something equivalent in chat.
You can spam 'i need assistance' while not anywhere near zapdos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

no theyre insanely important gacha traps