Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Any people here still playing this? The patch that dropped last week introduced Hoopa and an event in which you can unlock it, and more importantly, fixed Mer Stadium. It's no longer Zapdos: The Stage, now Zapdos only spawns when there's two minutes left in the match. Rotom has been added in both lanes as well. The other two quick battle stages haven't been modified, and since my opinion on Shivre City has kinda soured the more I've played it, I think this makes Mer Stadium the best Quick Battle stage now (I have never liked Auroma Park one bit).

Currently there's also a special type of battle that can be played in Mer Stadium, called Full Fury. It significantly reduces move cooldowns and goal scoring times, making for some rather chaotic but fun matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I still get my dailies in, but yeah, the menus are... not great. Installed the game on my tablet to click some of the daily things while at work, and it became painfully obvious the interface is designed to be used with a touchscreen. And almost every UI update they make makes it worse.

Still, the game remains pretty fun, and as I refuse to pay real money for it, I was happy that the anniversary event gave me the dress I've always wanted for my Sylveon. Who I don't actually use that much anymore because I've had more success with other mons.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

I got pretty turned off the game when I realized how often the team that started zapdos lost because they got engaged on at a massive health deficit even if they started it after making a successful big play. did they ever tone that bird down?
Only in Mer Stadium where it now only shows up once towards the end of the match. Otherwise, no, in Remoat Stadium it's still in nine out of ten cases the team that gets Zapdos that wins. I do find it a bit too centralizing, especially since it comes in conjunction with the 2x score Final Stretch. If the team that gets Zapdos starts scoring goals (I *have* seen at least one match where the other team managed to mostly stop that from happening), there's absolutely no comeback for the other team.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

kirbysuperstar posted:

That definitely wasn't the case for Azumarill lmao
Oh yeah def, if anything Azumarill was underpowered on release.

Now it's an absolute menace.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Man, this update seems to have completely broken targeting. Even with advanced controls where holding A is supposed to target opposing team Pokémon and holding B is supposed to target wild Pokémon, I seem to always be locking on to wild Pokémon, to the point of my Pokémon going out of its way to hit wild Pokémon no matter what button I hold, even when the wild Pokémon is outside of my targeting range and one or more opposing team Pokémon is inside of my targeting range. This has led to much frustration.

I do like the new stage and I like that it immediately became the Ranked mode stage, too. Rayquaza is a little confusing, it says that it makes scoring unstoppable when you beat it, but this isn't actually the case. You get faster scoring, and you get a shield that protects from... some ways of stopping goal scoring, but not all of them. At least better than Zapdos giving completely free goals, even if my experience so far has been that the team that gets Rayquaza will win the match.

KennyMan666 fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Sep 4, 2022

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

The Mew event runs for another 38 or so days, and I don't know if playing with friends is mandatory—yes, there are play with friends missions in it, but the first bit of the mural I finished still had one mission uncleared. I didn't count all of them but I think you can hit 100 pieces on them without doing all the missions in them.

You can add me to play some matches if you want, even if just comp stomps to fulfill those "Win matches with friends" missions. My code is RY1KN97.

KennyMan666 fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Sep 4, 2022

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Well that explains why I felt extra hosed by the targeting when I was Duraludon, that bug makes Flash Cannon practically unusable. Aegislash is really hurt by it too. Definitely something that needs to be patched asap.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Targeting still seemed a bit wonky to me after the update, at first it felt like it had been fixed then it started being weird again. Guess I'll see if Duraludon actually works now.

Also I still can't deal with Gengar, I don't get what they're using to eat 80% of your lifebar in one hit.

Another thing I'm not entirely sure on how to approach yet is emblem loadouts, what stats to prioritize and what is safe to go minus on. I feel like critical hit chance might be the least important one since the increases and decreases to it are so small, but very uncertain.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

You'll keep the coin items in your inventory, but I would extremely not count on them being useable for any future event.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

So, turns out Mew is pretty good! I just don't get why the hell it's categorized as an Attacker, this is the most All-Rounder 'mon in the game and playing it feels mostly like playing Support.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Yeah, it's a bit sketch. Glaceon was only purchaseable with gems at first too, but also came with an event that let you get it for free.

Definitely getting Dodrio since it's finally another speedster, I do have a big pile of coins saved up. Probably gonna buy Tyranitar too.

E: Also finally got a Venomoth emblem, which was the one I needed to make my Special emblem set 7 Black/6 Green, and I could still get a 2 Blue in there to fill it out.

KennyMan666 fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Sep 15, 2022

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

So when I started playing today I was three wins away from hitting Ultra and after an hour of playing I'm five wins away from hitting Ultra. And that was with one loss not ranking me down because I had enough performance points. My only win was in what I'm completely certain was a pity match against CPUs after the losing streak.

Two of the losses was "We were winning then they got Rayquaza", one of which being the absolute bullshit version of "We deal 99.9% damage to it and one guy on the opposing team manages to run in and get the final HP", and one loss was because of one player on the team doing nothing for various periods of time. They did give me 75 performance points because they detected idling which isn't even enough for one loss prevention.

This loving game

Edit: And the next day I keep trying and lose a rank point from a battle that was 4v5 because we had a disconnect pretty early. That battle shouldn't count for a loss, seriously.

End result today is I'm back where I'm started yesterday, three wins away from Ultra. Though with enough performance points for one loss prevention.

MORE EDIT: And on literally the last day of the season I managed to hit Ultra, had two fairly crushing wins in a row and on the second one I maxed out the performance point meter so I got two rank points for that match. Next season I'll start trying for this earlier. Also started using Dream Eater a bit smarter today, so I'll remember that in the future.

KennyMan666 fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Oct 12, 2022

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Nickoten posted:

What was the breakthrough with Dream Eater?
Oh I didn't see this question back then, lol. I've completely forgotten what it was and I don't main Gengar anymore because he's less good now, especially not against newer mons. Who, as stated, are almost all very overtuned and cost lots of coins so I don't have most of them. At least Zacian got an unlock event! My current main is Scyther, next mon I pick up will probably be Comfey or Urshifu.

Would be fun to have a group of decent-to-good players to play with (mainly for ranked) rather than always have to completely rely on randos. Managed to get Ultra last ranked season, haven't truly started trying this one yet, but have dropped down to worse than where I started...

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

So Zacian got nerfed, and I got Comfey today which as it turns out is extremely good, has to be by a wide margin the best support character in the game. I was thinking that I wasn't gonna hit Ultra this ranked season, then I bought that little flower fairy bugger and proceeded to rank up twice, so, okay, yeah, looks like I absolutely have a chance.

Some mons, if their players actually know how to use them, get practically invincible with Comfey attached. I like it.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Lower base stats across the board (except for max level) should at least make the sword doggo slighly less dominant at the very start. But yeah, he's undoubtedly still a very strong mon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I'm still playing and Mewtwo X is extremely overtuned, yes. To the point where the fastest nerf ever was issued, literally the day after Mewtwo X was added to the game, and he's still overtuned. Got a second smaller nerf too, making it two nerfs in the span of three weeks. The balancing factor seems supposed to be the relative fragility of the base form compared to the Mega form, though the base form isn't terrible or anything. Stick a Comfey on there and Mewtwo will solo your entire team. Only slightly exaggerated.

And now they're adding another Mewtwo, Mewtwo Y! I'm fully expecting that version to be busted as well.