Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Love walling people in with Crustle and defending against 3 people at a time while my entire team goes top and destroys their poo poo or activating SUPLEX MODE with Machamp and izuna dropping them to death. Every pokemon feels very different and I love how Heroes of the Storm it feels with point banking, creeps, and choosing your special move variant. I'm pretty sure half the time I'm playing against children who dont know how MOBAs work since some games end 470 to 30 or something lol.

Quick notes about the pokemon I've played as:

- Charizard is really easy to play, love to hold down button and have a stream of continuous poo poo pour out. His DoT for specials is pretty good for killing people who want to run off.

- Venusaur I've heard people say starts fine but ends up not as great as other evolved forms; Solarbeam is such a loving NUKE it reminds me of Lux's ult from LOL. He's good and should be treated as a turret assassin when he gets Solarbeam.

- Machamp I just wade into conflict suplexing people and using that close combat flurry of punches in a fray. For a 1v1 beast he is surprisingly good in larger scuffles.

- Alolan Ninetails is extremely good with that 3rd shot freeze/slow. Can absolutely devastate people in a game where juking and escaping matters. When you are Ninetales, everyone rightfully hates you.

- Garchomp starts off as possibly the worst, wimpiest pokemon of the lot and takes the most work to build up. Once he gets Dragon Rush and Earthquake it's game over though; insane damage and his Ultimate is loving monstrous.

- Slowbro is weird but fun. Telekinesis is a great disruptor to gently caress up the other team's bruiser, water cannon is pretty sweet, and his ultimate is really great if you want to brainscan someone from a distance and melt their face off.

- Crustle loving owns. Can hold off entire teams with his rock tomb wall, have people running into death traps constantly with stealth rock, and is generally just a big blatant wall.

- Cinderace seemingly never hits the right target and I hate this stupid looking FIFA gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

DemoneeHo posted:

Why aren't there any playable gen 2 pokemon?

because it's the worst gen and all of them are fuckugly.

Playable Nidoking WHEN

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

yeah sometimes teams will just go all-in on a lane while leaving another completely wide open. Crustle/Venusaur are absolutely guys who can hold off 2 or even 3 others with strong defense and positioning

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

looking at that popularity poll, didn't know who Dragapult was and just lol at that design. literally a loving stealth bomber head with a ghost body, what in the gently caress.

Need to get Nidoking, Darminitan, Crobat, or Magmar in this

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

is it just me or is Cinderace autoattack just loving insane. I've been getting destroyed by them lately just with normal attacks, it seems

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

team getting absolutely annihilated for the first 7 minutes, then sneaking up as Venusaur while the enemy team is attack Zapdos and using my ult to wipe the entire team / go on to win is probably something I'm never going to top so I should quit playing now

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

typhy posted:

https://unite.pokemon.com/en-us/news/pokemon-unite-game-update/

some balance changes just announced, pretty expected mostly but everything is really loving vague like everything on a nintendo console, like

lol

Cinderace nerfed, Charizard/Venusaur buffed. Good, gently caress you, rabbit.

The fact that this is getting actual patches for buffs/nerfs is very cool, makes me think they're taking this game seriously and it'll have a lot of new stuff being added for the future.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Acerbatus posted:

So the thing I don't get about having now tried and watched garchomp:

He's weak early, he can only hit people in melee, and he's significantly less mobile than the likes of Zeraora or the like while also having no crowd control. He just gets kited after he uses dig since he doesn't have a slow on it at first. What does he... do?

he sucks until fully evolved, then he crushes people with dragon claw and earthquake. probably the weakest initial pokemon, he's the magikarp of the roster right now because once he's fully leveled, you get hosed up

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

grieving for Gandalf posted:

just had a game where their team was brutally underleveled in the late game with a level 8 guy and they still won because their Pikachu sniped the Zapdos out from under us. I don't know if I can play this game if this is how it goes

yeah had 1 or 2 games where I was steamrolling the other team, then suddenly other team got Zapdos and "we're REALLY struggling!" popped up and I was like.....the gently caress??? We lost by like 30 pts lol

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Cinderace def seems like he dies faster now since he can't burst you as fast, maybe because his damage isn't as strong when he's pre-evolved. Venusaur damage really good now; Charizard maybe could use a bit more health but he also has stronger fire DoT

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Phenotype posted:

How do you play Greninja? Seems like he's an ADC style champ like Cinderace, huh? I thought he'd be more of a dash-in assassin like Lucario or Absol, but I tried him out last night and he's not anything like I expected -- just a single, relatively low-impact damaging ability, so I guess you just hang out around the edges of the fight shooting autoattacks and water shuriken?

greninja owns. I just autoattack, throw down smokescreen, then pop up with my ninja star strafe, rinse repeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

stop giving me all these squishy wimpy stuffed animals like Gardevoir, Blissy, and Sylveon, where the gently caress is my tankboy Blastoise