Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I don't think I've had any AFK ragers but I've had like five or so games where someone is just AFK from the start of the game. I've realized that if you queue into a match but then don't pick a Pokemon, the game randoms you one and you get put into the game anyways. Though, I did just report the last guy who never left base and it immediately hit me with a feedback saying they were punishing him, which is cool. I've been watching moistcritical play all night and he's had a reasonable number of AFKers, too, but again, never mid-match, just from the get go

In other news, I'm no meta slave or whatever but I gotta say, I can really see an internal tier list emerging in my brain. By which I mean, almost every hero is pretty good but I have never once seen a single Cramorant win unless there's one on both teams. I just don't know what this guy does other than nothing. Had one guy pick him two games in a row, once on my team and then once on the enemy team and he lost both games. I can think of a few Pokemon I think are better than the rest of the cast, but I can't think of any other ones I say "ugh god please no" other than Cramorant

Cramorant has really high damage potential, but it needs a team that knows how to protect it. In a game where a lot of crowd controllers and melee attackers have good movement options Cramorant is a bit of a sitting duck with its small backdash. Venusaur has the same problem but has the luxury of extremely long-range damage options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

mfcrocker posted:

Absolutely, just sniping people from a mile off feels great.

There does seem like an obvious optimal build for most characters. I play Talonflame and was spamming Fly until I realised Brave Bird was Fly but doing a shitload more damage

Same goes for Garchomp. Unless I'm missing something really obvious, Dig does slightly less damage than Dragon Rush but makes up for it tenfold by being cast instantly.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

inthesto posted:

I like this game and the fact that it heavily draws from my old squeeze LoL Dominion. However:

I thought Dominion's comeback mechanic needed to be tuned down and the first version of Infinite Crisis's meteor was wild, but this is loving dumb beyond comprehension

Holy moley :popeye:

I knew Zapdos was overtuned but I didn't know it was this bad.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Endorph posted:

actually they should add gyarados just because i presume it would spend the first 3 minutes of every game desperately trying to farm the jungle as magikarp, and any attempt to actually play the game would lead to it being instantly deleted

This is what playing Spectre in DotA 2 feels like already, so there's precedent.