Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

Caidin posted:

I have beaten the pets of many likely small children and savaged the local radiation from their bodies, a power that science was applied to craft a magnificent pair of cheap rear end flip flops.

Games fun. Kinda wish I knew what I was doing with Cinderace better, but I'll try and figure them out eventually. I'm annoyed by Flame charge because i feel I like I want to keep my distance and use it as an escape option and not like... turn around and getting into biting range of a Garchomp like it defaults too. The feint option only sometimes is offered.

Don't forget that any move that is able to be aimed (which is pretty much everything that isn't an aoe centered on yourself) can be directed with the right control stick before releasing the trigger. I use it when I'm running away with Eldegoss to shoot a Leaf Tornado in the direction I'm running so I can almost always get away safely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013
I've been using Leaf Tornado and Cotton Guard, the shield/heal and huge radius from Cotton Guard is extremely useful. Leaf Tornado is amazing too because your allies also benefit from the speed increase so you can rush down or run away from problems as a group.

Movement speed abilities are actually super useful all around, and one of the selling points for picking Petal Dance over Solar Beam on Venusaur. A big constant aoe and a speed buff can make him really effective at hoovering up points from wild Pokemon KOs. Obviously the sheer power and range of Solar Beam make it hard to say no to, but with the right team comps I think Petal Dance will see a lot of use.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

Phenotype posted:

Is there a better way to regain your health other than walking all the way back to the nearest goal and sitting there for a while? I've used the fruits that spawn behind the goal but sometimes they're not there.

You can push I believe down (or up?) on the D-Pad to teleport directly back to base, which will give you a pretty instant heal and you can head right back out. You're vulnerable while teleporting so hide in grass or just far enough away from the action to do it. Its almost always better to teleport back and regroup rather than push ahead alone when you're injured and don't have reliable healing nearby.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013
I will say that learning how to play support decently well is the secret to crawling out of low ranks if you don't have friends that you can regularly play and communicate with. I don't win every match but I definitely feel like my team does better when we have a decent support.

One problem with support players right now: Eldegoss is the only free support and that's only if you picked it to start with. Mr. Mime and Wigglytuff aren't in the free rotation, so you have to actually go out of your way to purchase those, and I doubt there are too many kids who would rather buy them over things like Garchomp, Gengar, and Lucario.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013
Its a commendation system. You can click on people after a match and give them a "Good Job", among other options.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

Mortimer Knag posted:

I just started playing this game looking for a new mobile moba and it seems really good, but I'm still new to it. I chose the speedster bird as my first mon and haven't played as anyone else, but I also haven't lost a game yet.

Is there anyone else who plays like the talonbird? I've tried every combo of spells and theyre all good. I have enough gold for any mon so I want to make sure I grab a fun one. A high mobility glass cannon I guess, who can take over the game over from mid lane.
Any suggestions?

And is there a way to test out unowned heros? Like an all random mode, or a trial mode vs bots or something?

Greninja is a really fun quick mon that plays mid really well, same with Cinderace and Zeraora. And you should be able to test any mon by selecting them in the menu and going to Practice, I think its called. I'm not able to double check right now but I know for a fact you can do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

Mortimer Knag posted:

Thanks for the tips, I'll check those out when I get a chance tonight. Is practice at least like a 1+4 vs 5 bot match type thing?, Or is it a "see how your skills look against this immobile training dummy" type of practice?

The latter, but it's 1v1 against an AI that you can set to do nothing if you want to, and there are training dummies on the map that you can check your DPS against and stuff. And options to immediately level up and stuff. It works pretty well.