Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Airspace posted:

Where my 'mon Raichu at?

Forbidden!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Shouldn't pikachu start as pichu...

Theres a whole host of babymons that are ignored already: Baby Mime and Munchlax immediately come to mind.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

This game is wild and I'm not even 100% sure how to actually gauge how well I am doing. One game I'll be MVP of like a 600 to 200 victory and the next game I'll be dead last in a 100 to 540 lose. I know teammates make a difference, but drat I guess I didn't accept how much so.

I want to be support but it is pretty thankless especially for a game that gives rewards for obtaining multiple MVP statuses. Also even when I do support a lot of my teammates don't seem to understand that bases heal you and that it is often better to retreat, farm and then go back into a battle rather than zerging every time.

IDK.

I'll just keep "jungling" as Zeraora, it seems to work out best for me.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

I wonder if and when Blastoise is implemented if they would be a defender or an all-rounder.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

True, but he got that shell and so I feel like I could see some 'all-rounder' energy. I also wonder if certain pokemon are excluded for consideration since they're field enemies. A bit of a bummer we may never get to be Ludicolo.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Pretty sure if they didn't include Greninja, Charizard, Gengar, Lucario and Pikachu there would've been a riot. But yes, a good variety. Like I said in another thread I didn't even know Zeraora was a Pokemon and had thought it was a Pokemon Unite original at first.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Zapdos is WILD. Like, really the first 8 minutes almost don't matter if someone does a proper Zapdos play.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

That's what I mean by Zapdos being such a game changer. If you have some dude holding 50 points and you get Zapdos you suddenly dunk a 100 points in, which I had done in a couple games.

I do wish their was a better indicator of points especially since they have a 'tease' of the situation anyway. There's been a couple games where I was sure we were getting creamed and then suddenly we'd be up by like 200 points.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Anyone else have an issue with the menu not being able to be interacted with if you quick start the game? Like if I leave and come back after a few hours I always have to totally reset the game.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Can't wait to see the Delibird move set!

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Avalerion posted:

I'm kind of loving this. Just the perfect match length for a moba, and the simplicity compared to something like dota or leage makes it just good casual fun.

Ready to pick up another mon for my rooster, lack an all rounder... is Charizard fun and easy to play?

I haven't tried an all-rounder but the few noob guides I've glanced through kept recommending Charizard as a good first choice.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Do Kecleon and give me a weird stealth character.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Mimikyu seems to be one of the most popular ones they don't have that aren't legendaries and Eevee forms.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Ah, the pikachu route!

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

mfcrocker posted:

On the flip side to this, I'll often stick to hitting creeps if my lane partner is taking a dumb-poo poo fight that will lead to them getting killed and would lead to me getting killed if I joined in

I feel like I'm having to learn this the hard way as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Wailord is scaled down normally but his Unite move is just him getting bigger and bigger until he dams up a whole lane.