Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
ops are overrated, sorry op.

Lanes are where your goals are located. there is a top one and a bottom one. the game sometimes suggests you go to one or the other but I dont understand that yet.

middle area is called the jungle. it's full of wild pokemon and no goals. some of the pokemon you faint give you buffs. I think there's a tutorial that covers this.

dont know what an HQ is. the place you start I guess? I'd call it base, or if I was being a grognard, the fountain.

the ingame tutorial is p good because, as mentioned, it's a game for 5 year olds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Phenotype posted:

How many pokemon do you get to unlock with the initial new player bonuses?

You get to pick one during the opening tutorial (Eldegoss, Snorlax, Pikachu, Charizard or Talonflame).

You get Zeraora from logging in during the launch window. Check your mail.

You get Slowbro and trainer level 2 and Venusaur at trainer level 5.

You get Ninetales on day 2, Scorbunny on 8, and Greninja on 14 as daily login rewards.

You can get Crustle as the day 7 challenge.

Pokemon moneys are front loaded so you'll have enough to buy a guy in no time.

Pokemons with a clock are in the weekly(?) free rotation.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

scoreboard.jpg was by far the best part of league of legends threads 10 years ago

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

not really gacha either. you can choose which ones to buy and upgrade them with a currency.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I can't remember. there's too many currencies in this game. you get some for doing quests and challenges but I think you can buy some and get them from the gacha.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Cinderace
The following stats have been decreased:

Attack

these patch notes are amazing.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

block a goal means interrupt the goal scoring channel time

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

might need to find some real noobs to pull it off. I'm low in ranked and most matches have everyone with some idea of what they're doing.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Might have to buy a Buddy Barrier now. I overlooked all those items.

Float Stone is like mobis from lol or tranquil boots from dota. typically good on roaming supports. I dont know if those ar a thing in Pokemon dota yet.

Shell Bell heals for 60 when every mon has minimum 6000 health at 15, and like a 6 second icd. it's bad, but it's the only source of cooldown reduction, and that can be a very strong stat in these games.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

lol defines in combat as 5 seconds from taking/receiving damage. this game is heavily based off lol so I would guess it's that.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Great rank matchmaking feels like every game is a coin flip. all comes down to who has a player who doesnt know what they're doing yet, or who hasn't leveled up their items and loses every trade. you get a 2 level deficit against an enemy carry and the game feels over.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

they're never going to be able the balance eject button. it will have a 5 minute cooldown and everyone will still take it.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

https://mobile.twitter.com/PokemonUnite/status/1427981091919450117

free pikachu

mobile launches september 22

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

They should make more mobas with this control scheme, so I'm not forced to choose between this and like Arena of Valor

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

the 3v3 quick map, Auroma park or whatever, freaking sucks and is all about pve for double point dunks. but, flail Snorlax is really good there.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Game's out on mobile. if you link your mobile account to your switch account you can get some free stuff.

also patch notes
https://www.serebii.net/pokemonunite/patch.shtml

notably, sleep moves (Snorlax Yawn, Wigglytuff Sing) now wake up on hit

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

They also added some new held items

Weakness Policy (increases damage done when you take damage)
Choice Specs (increases damage on moves that hit, based on special attack. don't understand this one at all.)
Razor Claw (Sheen from league of legends)

They added a super item enhancer that upgrades any item to 30, with previously spent coins refunded. you can get three total from reaching trainer level 10/12/14. use them by pressing ZL on the main menu and selecting item box. as far as I can tell there is no other way to get these.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Sylveon's out. seems okay. squishy, but good damage.

Does anyone know what their plans are going forward? We got all the mons that were previously announced, and they've been pumping them out at a pretty good pace, so I'm curious what they'll do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Sylveon nerf just dropped

I find normal more fun than ranked. ranked feels very tryhard sometimes and I ain't down for that. plus normal queues are faster and you can use the free rotation mons.