Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

typhy
Oct 23, 2019

The Deleter posted:

I am like 70% sure Crustle is no good.

the most moba-pissed i've got at this game so far has been when one of my crustle teammates kept constantly walling me off from killing people, presumably accidentally, and letting them escape lol

im sure it has a use but that has informed my crustle opinion forever now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

typhy
Oct 23, 2019

Endorph posted:

Crustle can even lower theirs

well now i hate that 5 year old even more knowing this. get good kid

typhy
Oct 23, 2019

i gotta say i really, really like the selection of pokemon they have so far, i'm really glad it's not just the popular ones. like even though you have your lucarios and pikachus you can also play as a dumb walking bird that likes to eat or whatever an eldegoss is. pretty cool and varied and i'm excited to see what else comes through

typhy
Oct 23, 2019

i was considering fly because i liked it more personally not because it was better necessarily, until i realized my opponents could see the circle where i was going to land moving around lol

typhy fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jul 23, 2021

typhy
Oct 23, 2019

add farfetch'd because we need another funny bird

my real suggestion? wailord, full size

typhy
Oct 23, 2019

two back to back games with completely opposite zapdos results, those point flatlines on either side lol

i can't believe how much fun i'm having with this and how i'm never getting mad at it after playing ranked for a few days, i think it literally is almost completely the 10 minute timer. aside from the crazy broken zapdos swings they did a really good job of fitting the whole ramping up gameplay "story" of a moba into a relatively short timespan. evolution power spikes and learning moves fit really well and intuitively into the genre too. its a shame its attached to mobile game monetization garbage but i'm honestly having a fantastic time with it with almost no caveats

also the two birds are both really good and fun. cramorant gang

typhy
Oct 23, 2019

i realized you can use eject button while using cramorant's ult without interrupting it to chase people and actually got a kill off of it lol

typhy
Oct 23, 2019

i just had one of the two enemy players alive in the last 30 seconds in the game visibly and obviously walk across the top of the map to score a 100 point goal while three of my teammates one by one jump padded from base down to the bottom where i already was holding off someone that didnt have any orbs just fine

we lost by 3 points

life is pain

typhy
Oct 23, 2019

funnily enough the last lovely f2p game i played that did the "bots if you lose" thing was pokemon duel lol

that game ruled, rip

typhy
Oct 23, 2019

https://unite.pokemon.com/en-us/news/pokemon-unite-game-update/

some balance changes just announced, pretty expected mostly but everything is really loving vague like everything on a nintendo console, like

quote:

Hex
Move Downgrade

lol

typhy
Oct 23, 2019

the japanese notes are straight up better for some reason?

https://www.pokemonunite.jp/ja/news/15/

The amount of damage done to the opponent's Pokemon has been reduced, and the invincibility time when activated has been reduced.

for hex, for example

typhy
Oct 23, 2019

except being a cool bird

typhy
Oct 23, 2019

japanese site says ninteails passive isnt going to proc when youre hiding in grass any more

good changes all around, especially snorlax and eject button

e: whoops wrong move, i dont play ninetails
it says the bug with aurora veil was that it was increasing the passive chance when active

https://www.pokemonunite.jp/ja/news/16/

typhy fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Aug 17, 2021

typhy
Oct 23, 2019

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonUnite/comments/p75ym0/til_you_should_not_kill_the_last_drednaw_before/
https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonUnite/comments/p7omdi/zapdos_damage_debuff_fully_explained/

this is bar none the most wild mechanic in a multiplayer game ive ever seen

typhy
Oct 23, 2019

gently caress it give sylveon surf too so we can run a surf-only team

typhy
Oct 23, 2019

i got master tonight finally :)

about 50/50 red bird/blue bird up until around ultra, then i basically had to pick the blue bird because people were always slamming mid instantly at that point

cram is really crazy in early game lane with an even semi-competent partner and i was running level 20 energy amp to blow up teams so i could swing games lol, as soon as i got it to 20 i got an 8 win streak. and you know what they say about correlation

still having a ton of fun honestly, pleasantly surprised its lasted this long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

typhy
Oct 23, 2019

yeah basically just explodes basic evolutions early-mid game, but the problem is you only have enough cooldowns to burst down one person and then you can't do anything and you also have no health. so if they're playing well and their squishy mons are positioning correctly, it's hard to do anything other than trade and instantly die every time, until a certain point in the game where you can't even trade because their hp gain outscales the burst damage you can do. the biggest thing in a macro sense is that you could always be running something else mid that can take on three pokemon at once alone at level 7 anyway and also has a better ult for zapdos

really good for climbing ranks though because you can just delete dumb people and output enough damage to finish objectives quickly like a bargain bin gengar when only 2-3 people know what they're doing. also very fun and you're a bird