Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aquila
Jan 24, 2003

dude789 posted:

Generally the stats provided by the individual emblems are going to be slightly less important than completing color sets. A full set of 10 gold Sp. Atk boosting emblems will give you an additional 30 special attack whereas 6 green emblems boosts your special attack by 4% when special attackers tend to have 1000+ special attack at level 15. It will be more effective earlier in the game but that's assuming you do in fact have all golds which is unlikely. Green/Black was the go to build for special attack because it was very easy to get both green and black maxed out. Critical Hit% was actually one of the few stats to prioritize on the the emblems since there isn't a color that boosts it yet. Every pokemon is going to have a dump stat so if you have multiple emblems that can complete a color stat then pick one that boosts your primary stat or lowers a stat you don't use (crit for pokemon that can't crit, sp. attack on physical mons etc.).

The changes are pretty minor overall. Completing a color set or stacking a full set of 10 in a certain stat is usually going to add up to about as much as the secondary stat boost on a level 30 held item (HP for Score Shield, Sp. Atk on Choice specs) so it's generally pretty minor unless you're focusing on going all in on a stat.

I'm picking this game back up after playing it a bit at launch and have no clue what to do with items and emblems. Am I just forever behind because I haven't been playing the whole time? Are there any reliable guides out there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU