Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Not seeing the score is a bizarre mechanic. I get why (to avoid rage quit and keep you playing) but it makes it very hard to know if you should defend or try to score. I just lost a game that said "we are significantly in the lead or whatever", no one went for Zapdos so we just sort of defended. We lost a skirmish up top with just a few seconds left and we ended up losing by 100. It was nuts. I think they maybe none of our opponents dunked the entire game, and quickly scored like 200 points?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Boba Pearl posted:

Oh wait you didn't say you got hit by Zapdos, yeah if you lost a skirmish, then they probably had maxed out points and dunked in the last few seconds. Gotta be killing folks so they don't build up points. It's better to take points away from the enemy then generate points you can lose imo.

I think the problem was top lane. I was playing Edelfloss with a Pikachu bottom and I was keeping him alive while we jobbed the tri lane they were running bot and they had no point. I think that their top dual lane had two maxed out guys that our three didn't ever battle, so it was a problem late game.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

World Famous W posted:

I'm pretty bad at this game meant for children because I don't play/enjoy mobas, BUT I'm having a blast while sucking at least.

Slowbro is my bro

yeah, the 10 minute limit makes it so you aren't in a 50 minute slog fest you know you can't win. A lot of moba's don't have a GG button, but when two of your teammates give up and just go afk it makes it miserable. The ten minutes is pretty good and even if you lose it's not miserable.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
If you play with a five man stack that minds roles he's unstoppable.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

12 rats tied together posted:

i have mostly been playing eldegoss and i agree its incredibly powerful, the aoe on the shield+heal is crazy and both of the leaf blast upgrades are crazy good. if you take left upgrade on the leaf blast you can solo any neutral spawn, and if the other team shows up you can just ult and fly across the map while invulnerable

slowbro is also very good and has a crazy amount of lockdown, but i think scald is kind of a trap and you should always go surf for the triple stun

I always take the Pollen Puff but I find it hard to aim at an ally during a battle. Maybe I'll get the attack one and use it to farm and then just depend on the AOE heal for top ups.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
How do you actually interupt a goal score? I don't think that just a basic attack does it?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Vegastar posted:

Yeah Cramorant owns but he’s super fragile and really needs a support buddy that knows what the gently caress they’re doing to keep him alive - with that he’ll eat the other team alive.

Any goons playing ? The discord has this right?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I love his tornado, people see a squishy healer, and always chase you in a straight line and you can get them all with the tornado, and then come in and clean up. It works even better if you have an ally that knows to his in the bushes while you retreat and bait them after you.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Honestly, I don't think there's any pokémon that are bad. Maybe in a few months the meta will develop and there will be obvious duds, but there's huge numbers of cannon fodder kids to play against so anything you pick can be good. There's a lot of tier lists online and they are all over the place. Just have some fun and pick whichever you like.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I have the item that gives you a stack of extra sp attack when you dunk (six stacks total) so I've been killing one mouse and for 1pt and dunking 3 or 4 times since a 1pt dunk takes like 1 sec and is hard to interrupt. It gives a huge advantage early game that I can snowball with. The trick is to get just one point. Any more and it takes too long to dunkachino.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

MelvinBison posted:

In my first random match, I went 11-0-4, sniped a bouffalant buff from the enemy absol, and got MVP. I was playing eldegoss.

Game is good. Do not sleep on elsegoss.

I've been maining him. His skills look boring and his tornado seems useless but he's very powerful. In mobas aoe slows are super useful. His even exceeds his targeting reticle for reach. It also has a low cool down so you can stay on the edge of a fight and pump in slows and damage. If your fighters keep positioned correctly and buffer for you can keep them up for ever and cover a retreat for them.

I've ranked up a bit and I'm seeing the meta emerge, jungling early and farming efficiency are being figured out as well.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Also the lack of stats in this game is nuts. It's super infuriating. I'm sure they are doing shadow changes and tuning the game, and not giving those details probably saves them all the hate.

Is there a site that has sorted all that out?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Just did a ranked match. lost 700 to 100. A
I was edelgloss and I had 80 of our points. 😂

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Bot lane has more creeps, top lane is shorter (ie with the dunk stack items you can get two quicker dunks since its closer to your base ).

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

By the time I can scroll over to pick gengar (which takes WAY longer than it should) someone else has picked zeraora already… it’s not fair, he’s closer to the left!!

You can favorite a Pokeman and it starts the draft with him highlighted.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Bogart posted:

Going off of mainline game rules, I think it's a safe bet to say that Mr. Mime, Venusaur, Greninja, Ninetails, Cramorant, Gengar, and Slowbro are Special Attack based. Pikachu skirts the line since it's kinda poo poo in general, Wigglytuff seems like it would be physical based, Eldegoss might be Special but I don't wanna say definite yes, Lucario seems physical based if I take the move names as anything worth speculating from, Charizard is an in betweener.

The internet list sites say Eldegoss is an attacker. Also I need the "be mvp one time" missing to get Crustle. As a p5 support main how in the world do I do that. I think I may need to spam Cinderace or Pikachu for a day and get the MVP and then switch out.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

mfcrocker posted:

Goddamn Cinderace does such an absurd amount of right-click :stare: think I’m in love

There's a new update today, any patch notes? But yes, Cinderace is stupid. He's impossible to deal with.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

MelvinBison posted:

Don't forget that CPU matches can count towards missions. It's surprisingly easy to get MVP against bots even as a support.

How do I do a cpu match? Is this the 1v1 rounds?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I just finished a game with Eldegoss. I was bottom, we had a jungler, and then tri-lane up top. I successfully held off two or three of the other team so they couldn't goal, but I was sitting on 30 points. After three or four minutes of bottom lane stale mate, my team started to trickle in one a time and die on the bottom first goal over and over. Save your buddy syndrome is a hell of a disease.

Sometimes you just gotta cut bait. Had that not happened, we would have had a good chance of winning, since we were really ahead until Zapdos.

EDIT: What's a good Cinderace build? I'm going to switch to a carry for a bit since I think that a solid jungler would really help, someone that gets you need to just stay out of the game for a bit and only pop out when farmed. I think Cinderace fits that bill.

Super-NintendoUser fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jul 30, 2021

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Bobulus posted:

Been working on the daily challenge stuff since picking this up last week.

I feel like getting the MVP for day 7 of Crustle is going to be the trickiest thing for me. I've mostly been playing Eldegoss and supporting my team. I'll typically be middle of the road in terms of points scored, with a high number of assists and a low number of kills, which rarely nets me the MVP title.

Do I have a literal day to complete the day 7 requirements? Is this going to disappear at server reset tonight?

I did the MVP playing a cpu match. (thanks to the thread giving me the tip). When you queue up, where it says "random match" select it and you can change it to CPU match and play against all bots, you can even do this with four human teammates if you have friend in your party. Just pick an attacker and score on the bots a bunch and it's easy.

That said I got MVP on a ranked match as eldegloss yesterday. My team has 2 afkers and I had to carry. We somehow won and I got MVP. Turns out the enemy team has three guys with 0 points and we won 120-30. 110 of the points where mine :(

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Gee whiz Cinderace is full on broke. Just destroyed an unranked match with him, 750 to 350. They didn't even stand a chance. however, I did have a nice Eldegoss to back me up and he did a really good job.

I jungled until I got the second move and then went ham.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I'm skeptical of scope lens until we have more info about crit rate numbers. You do have to play slightly differently when you have Attack Weight, but you don't get more attack based on how many points you score, you can just dunk like five points or something instantly, six times and you're maxed out

Yeah, the stacking items are really good, but there's a few points. If you dunk with just 1 point it's hard to interrupt which is really good, but if you are a farmer, then you don't really want to just get 1 - 1 - 1 - etc. Usually I jungle as Cinderace and I score when a goal seems uncovered and then I run away if the other bozos show up, if the goal is open I snatch one of their creeps and score as many times as I can until they show up. I usually manage to get three or four quick uncontested scores (one big one for the initial dunk, and then a couple of 1pt).

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I've been seeing a lot of blog posts about how this game is crazy with AI bots, not like people cheating, but the game wanting to keep queue timers down so it just puts you into games with 5 humans v 5 bots. I've noticed a few games that were just one sided stomps even at relatively higher level of ranked matches, clearly something is up.

The bots always do the same thing, they fight any creeps they find, and if there's none they run down lane and try to score, if you run into them they basically stand still and auto attack, and then when they get low they just turn around and go back.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
and they nerfed Eldegloss?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Zapdos is such a bad mechanic. it is making me insane

He should appear early enough to get two kills on him and be toned down a bit.

Also I'd really like to know the cooldown on Unite moves so I can plan out usage.

I've learned that essentially this game is just a Gacha game where you pull a handle and hope a win comes out since all the metrics are 100% obfuscated.

That said the 10 minutes is not too bad.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

homeless snail posted:

Just cotton guard, which was way too good as it was and tilted teamfights a ton for a button you can just mash on CD. Eldegoss' healing is still pretty crazy, you just can't keep your entire lane invincible anymore.

The fact that you have to give up your healing skill when you level up when you switch to Cotton Spore is such a weird mechanic.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

homeless snail posted:

Pollen Puff is their main heal really, especially now that Cotton Guard is nerfed, but the shields are the most meaningful part of guard since the heal doesn't come out until the shield expires. Eldegoss is the pokemon that branches hardest though depending on what skills you pick, either big heals/shields or haste/slow buffer/debuffer (imo heal eldegoss is still way better even after the nerfs)

I find Pollen puff way harder to aim during a battle, so I prefer to use leaf tornado to since I land way more hits. With cotton guard and tornado I just sit back in the battle and heal/disrupt.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

grieving for Gandalf posted:

just had a game where their team was brutally underleveled in the late game with a level 8 guy and they still won because their Pikachu sniped the Zapdos out from under us. I don't know if I can play this game if this is how it goes

A simple Zapdos fix is to make it drop the point balls instead of giving everyone 40000 points on the killing team. Maybe give the guy that gets the last hit points, and then drop balls, this way you can still snipe it for some value. The way it is now, if you have 4 people killing zapdos, and the other team has four people just wandering around, when their fifth snipes it, suddenly the entire team has 10000 million points all over the map and it's impossible to deal with it.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Just Andi Now posted:

Argh, why is the Crustle reward for the beginner mission set locked behind getting MVP

Just do a cpu match. Check a few of my posts earlier for how to do one.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

mfcrocker posted:

Yeah, that's been my problem with attack weight. Win more when you're winning, doesn't help you when you're losing

It really helps if you have a dash pokemon, get just one mouse kill, goal 1 pt, get another mouse kill, 1pt and get a couple quick stacks. I do this with Cinderace and it helps snowball since the 1pt dunk is quick.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Xad posted:

Yeah this is also why score shield helps, since it gives you a small shield while scoring and you can't be interrupted until the shield breaks, so it's not that useful late game but absolutely helps sneak goals earlier since they can't just auto you once to stop it

Does score shield have a cool down? I'm not sure how it's mechanic works.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
is there a discord for anyone playing today?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I'm a little tired of playing p5 support and then being abandoned in lane to die. I bought Gengar. Any builds/tips? I'm going to take him into practice for a bit and learn.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Thanks, I'll check it out.

Also, what is the mechanic on Unite move cooldowns? I never know how to use it.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

mfcrocker posted:

Which lane are you in? If you're bottom yeah, your team shouldn't be abandoning you pretty much at any point. If you're top, it's pretty common to leave a defender there (usually Snorlax) whilst the rest of the team fucks off to go get Drednaw.

If you're top playing a non-defender support, consider bottom lane instead if you can or go join in the Drednaw fight and let your top goal get killed

With Eldegloss I always go bottom and assist. I keep an eye on my jungler as well and maybe pop up for a heal on him if he needs it.

The issue I have at Veteran is that the game always starts pretty well bottom, and we can almost always get the bottom goal destroyed but then the attacker I'm helping gets antsy holding points and goes for a Tier2 dunk and keeps getting bombed when the enemy jumps in.

If they'd just sit back and wait, farm for levels and not worry about scoring on the dangerous t2 goal, then we could just get objectives and defend indefinitely.

It's just hard to sit on 40 points, see the t2 goal is empty and not go for it. I usually will just wait until I know that no Pokemon are going to respawn and jump in. I find that most games I lose are lost because we keep throwing ourselves at T2 goals, it's like early game you play to win, but then you shift to play not to lose late game.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
The game has really fierce rubber banding so you are never really so far ahead you can fountain dive or so far behind you can give up. It's important to note the game state, I think it's reversed from most MOBAs and you can't death ball run down mid in this game.

- if you win early game 0-3 minutes (if you destroy t1 goals) basically turtle and defend since the other team gets so many advantages you'll just throw away the lead

- if you lose early game 0-3 (they get your goals), be aggressive and try to get their t1 goals, you can't turtle and try to win in super late game.

Pretty much once you get the two t1 goals, it's not worth going on T2's until the final stretch. Just get creeps, level up, and avoid death.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I have absolutely no idea how to get to higher ranks with out a five man stack. The last three games we have two guys jungling and we lost by like 700 points. I was at Veteran but I've lost my last six games (not counting the bot match it put me in where they conceded in 5 minutes.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

The game quality gets much better once you get into Veteran rank, at least in terms of consistency. People mostly calling lanes, no double jungles, people realizing you have to fight over Dreadnaw, that sort of stuff. Every once in a while you'll get a poo poo one but, you know, thats video games. You gotta play carry to get there though, just outright. In Dota, you can get solokills as a support player, but that's not going to happen here because all the support heroes are defensive and will lose trades to carries. If you're looking to climb through Great rank, you gotta do like Cinderace or Ninetails. Snorlax maybe, but even Slowbro is too defensive. Edelgoss no way. Follow the advice above, I'm in Ultra rank and I do basically the exact same thing Kalko does, with the exception that as Cinderace I'm always looking to do a quick score and then escape with blink/dash for Attack Weight procs

I've dropped too many games trying to solo carry to boost. All my games are just three guys going jungle and running around like morons in Great rank. I had to go back to Eldegloss to get some W's. Once I get to Veteran again I'll start with Gengar and Cinderace again and explore.

With Eldgegloss I can back up some lunatic that just runs around killing and keep him alive while he does whatever. That seems to work pretty well.

I had a game we lost with a fantastic carry, he was the pigeon bird thing and he jungled until he was really strong and just killed everything. The problem was that two of our guys were just running down lanes and dying over and over. We actually got zapdos, and the two of us scored two 100p goals, but our three team mates were just dying over and over at T2 goals and never dunked post zapdos. I sent him a friend request but he turned me down. :(

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

If you're Great rank, you're still in the kiddie pool and you kind of need to adjust your play accordingly. It's hard to always keep this in mind, but the enemy team is probably doing the exact same poo poo your team is doing. Always remember that the first eight minutes of the game barely matter and are just Zapdos prep, and so your goal is just to stem the bleeding until then. I would almost entirely ignore your team and pretend they don't exist. Go top, never stop hitting creeps. Try and defend the goal when you can, get some kills if you're able, but don't spend a ton of time trying to do rotations to help your team, and don't die for your team. You just want to hit 13 for Zapdos so you can contest it.

For reference, I played almost exclusively pre-patch Venusaur through Great rank, and really relied on Sludge Bomb to make it so the enemy team could never score. For Expert I did mostly Machamp, and then Veteran was all Cinderace.

Yeah, that makes sense. I'll give it a try. I did this for a bit today for a handful of games, but my team kept just giving away Dredclaw objectives. I'll probably get back to Veteran with Eldegloss and then play Veteran as Cinderace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Just had a game with an Eldegoss that insisted on jungling. My lane mate was just diving over and over again. I couldn't manage to score a single point, Eldegoss got one dunk and was MVP. Also our cinderace was idling at one of our goals the entire game.

This is the greatest MOBA of all time because it's over in ten minutes

seriously, I have a pretty good routine where I work for an hour, when I finish a task, I "relax" with a blissful ten minute game and then I go back to work.

I just lost a game by ONE point, we were "really far ahead" and then our team all died trying to run their base over and over for the last five minutes. I was furiously pinging at Zapdos but no we lost by one point.

A second came I followed the tutorial and we easily one, because we had a real jungler that rotated perfectly. Good times

edit: actually last night we had a Jungle Mr Mime and he WRECKED. It was nuts. I'm not sure what about Mr Mine mad that work, but it was almost like he was cheating.