Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Yaldabaoth posted:

Modern republicans are worse than fascists because they're simply carrying out God's orders to exterminate all life on Earth. Even the nazis wanted to create a global empire ruled by superhumans that would last 1000 years while the GOP has no real bigger plans than global omnicide.

History just wont stop repeating itself will it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shania Twain
Aug 25, 2008
Without putting any thought into it at all, good kid, m.A.A.d city springs to mind immediately as a better album than MBDTF.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Valko posted:

History just wont stop repeating itself will it?

History doesn't repeat itself so much as human nature refuses to evolve.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

More like... Kan Ye stop makin music, my man

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Shania Twain posted:

Without putting any thought into it at all, good kid, m.A.A.d city springs to mind immediately as a better album than MBDTF.

it says a lot more (and kendrick is obviously a million times better than kanye on it, after basically ripping him off wholesale on section 80), but it's much more limited in its sonic landscape. it's a really really good rap album but MBDTF transcends genres which to me makes it a more accomplished and 'better' album.

The Walrus fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Aug 6, 2021

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

:leavemtg: Tell me when he releases a Swedish melodeath album and I'll tune in :black101:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
He did introduce a whole new generation to king crimson so there’s that.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I think Kanye West should do a cover version of "All Out of Love" by AIr Supply and include it on his next album.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Yaldabaoth posted:

Modern republicans are worse than fascists because they're simply carrying out God's orders to exterminate all life on Earth. Even the nazis wanted to create a global empire ruled by superhumans that would last 1000 years while the GOP has no real bigger plans than global omnicide.

crawling iiin my skiiin

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Caesar Saladin posted:

what does he steal

One example https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/code/6229365/aphex-twin-kanye-west-sample-blame-game-drukqs-avril-14th-copy

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Its funny because its not even really about the music, its just simpletons caught up in this empty long term event culture that is the lovely tv show and his wife, the lovely music, and the lovely online antics of a stupid man with mental problems. Essentially a Elon Musk character for people who listen to popular music and follow popular culture.

Robin Williams fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Aug 7, 2021

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

gently caress SNEEP posted:

My Anadonda don't want none unlesss you got buns, hun

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Robin Williams posted:

Its funny because its not even really about the music, its just simpletons caught up in this empty long term event culture that is the lovely tv show and his wife, the lovely music, and the lovely online antics of a stupid man with mental problems. Essentially a Elon Musk character for people who listen to popular music and follow popular culture.

Pretty interesting stuff from Robin Williams

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
ok cool

15th now

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
but hey new rico nasty single dropped on the 6th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zusa2E6p71c

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
so Kanye headlined the music festival Bonnaroo in 2014. Which means he was the last performer to go on stage of a music festival. He got so pissed because the crowd was too low energy for him and there was a slow trickle of people going to bed to they could get on the road before the traffic got bad in the morning that he stormed off stage. The next year "gently caress KANYE" was written loving everywhere at the festival. and I agree with that statement to this day: gently caress kanye

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
no one hates kanye more than kanye fans

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

No. 6 posted:

Kanye supported a fascist. gently caress him and his music.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Not only did he support a fascist, he supported a fascist even though it went against his own interests lol

Dumbass

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The man is clearly deeply mentally ill

But he's also a gigantic moron

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
No one man should have all this power.

Except for real, because it's standing in the way of him getting help.

Normally I'd be on the side of a huge Trumper flameout, but he has four little kids...

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I ain't saying it's a dead album.
But he ain't releasing his latest pablum.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
yeah that seems pretty obvious in retrospect. make an album (or throw together some b sides) and let a few thousand people listen to it at ridiculous 'listening parties' and then never ever release it ever again - thats Powerful Brand Mindshare right there

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
808's and heartbreaks is my favorite music album of all time

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Did anyone say Donda Nukem Forever yet?

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I’m pretty sure the majority of Kanye’s discography is now the musical equivalent of vaporware lol

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Big Beef City posted:

Pretty interesting stuff from Robin Williams

This guy's not the real Robin Williams. Probably just someone with the same name.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
yeah heck. imagine thinking i'm the real elton john. haha. silly

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 14 days!)

kanye west clearly has an actual mental illness and gets nothing but poo poo for doing insane things from people who otherwise talk about respecting 'mental health'

i mean he's a rich dickhead too but being mentally ill sometimes makes you do bad things or have bad opinions. it isn't all just feeling bad because capitalism makes your life lovely.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

roomtone posted:

kanye west clearly has an actual mental illness and gets nothing but poo poo for doing insane things from people who otherwise talk about respecting 'mental health'

i mean he's a rich dickhead too but being mentally ill sometimes makes you do bad things or have bad opinions. it isn't all just feeling bad because capitalism makes your life lovely.

Part of mental health is taking responsibility for your own. Kanye knows he has these issues and has said multiple times he chooses not to take his meds or get help. Kanye is mentally ill. Kanye is a stupid selfish rear end in a top hat who does lovely things constantly. Both of these are true, and they are not mutually exclusive, and the former does not excuse the later. In fact, I would argue that him being rich as gently caress, and having every resource at his fingertips that poor people with mental health issues would kill for and then going "lol no" and tossing on his MAGA hat is monstrous in and of itself.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 14 days!)

oh okay then. i didn't realise all that. please continue mocking the insane man for not realising trump is bad.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

he didn't care if trump is good or bad, he just wanted to use him to promote himself and advance his own goals because he's also a narcissist

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

roomtone posted:

oh okay then. i didn't realise all that. please continue mocking the insane man for not realising trump is bad.

We will. If he wants us to stop he can take a little bit of that personal responsibility his kind always talk about and use his endless resources and support system to get back on his fuckin meds.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

The Walrus posted:

yeah that seems pretty obvious in retrospect. make an album (or throw together some b sides) and let a few thousand people listen to it at ridiculous 'listening parties' and then never ever release it ever again - thats Powerful Brand Mindshare right there

Sounds more like a really stupid anti-piracy scheme that you would expect from a dumbass like Kanye.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
where the hell is my donda, kanye?!?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

¿donda está el baño?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

we come from a land donda....da?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Kanye West Presents Ligma

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
How much was he charging for moth-eaten sweaters again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

roomtone posted:

He has all the opportunity to fix it and doesn't. gently caress him.