Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Bettman looks pissed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Yeah why not pick a sex offender who asked not to be drafted you idiot Bergevin

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

FOR A GUY WHO HARPS ON CHARACTER A LOT, I WONDER WHY MARC HAD NO PROBLEM WITH A SEX OFFENDER

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Poison pill on his way out.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Well that's one way to cap of the day of increasingly worse moves.

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

What the gently caress Montreal?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
BERGEVIN ARE YOU loving KIDDING ME

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
holy gently caress, WHAT

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The only positive thing I can muster is, this kid obviously wanted to come back in a year or two and hope the incident would be downplayed, and now it’s going to be all over the mainstream media and the only aspect of him anyone will ever know.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Like this is obviously 95% on Montreal, but the NHL in refusing to acknowledge the Chicago abuse doesn’t exactly send a strong message to teams that this poo poo isn’t on.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/andrewharris_97/status/1418779022390038540

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
Sam Reinhart might have just been traded to Florida

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
loving YIKES

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Bergevin: "a young man who made a serious mistake in judgement, we have to work with him"

when McDonalds has higher standards for their employees than a professional hockey franchise.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
wtf is this poo poo

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/EricEngels/status/1418779684138098688

gently caress OFF MARC

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/CanadiensMTL/status/1418780212469411841?s=19

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

VOTE1 posted:

Like this is obviously 95% on Montreal, but the NHL in refusing to acknowledge the Chicago abuse doesn’t exactly send a strong message to teams that this poo poo isn’t on.

This poo poo is absolutely on.

Just watch Bergevin sign DeAngelo and lure Slava Voynov back from the KHL to replace Weber, then trade for Austin Watson, Casey Cizikas and Semyon Varlamov.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

What the gently caress

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

This sucks! It sucks!!

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Also like sure some poo poo team might have taken a late round pick if nobody else in their board remained, but why the gently caress would you use a first on the fucker.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Why go through all of this for a lovely late 1st round pick in a bullshit COVID draft? loving masochists.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Seriously, what the gently caress

Fire bergevin

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

drat i feel like if you need to prepare / release this sort of statement about your 1st round pick, you should probably just pick someone else

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Bergevin just said that that sex predator was remorseful and apologetic to the family

the family has said they never received any apology from that rear end in a top hat.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Fire everyone in this godforsaken organization

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Like, he was ranked 35th before the sex crime. Just roll the dice and draft Aatu Raty or someone

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

I feel like Chicago got a free pass for the ridiculous posturing they did to distract from their legal troubles thanks to the Montreal front office having a collective stroke.

what a slap in the face to draft that guy to women everywhere. People talk about social media outrage going too far but obviously it's not doing a good enough job if these motherfuckers thought they could get away with this bullshit.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Starsfan posted:

I feel like Chicago got a free pass for the ridiculous posturing they did to distract from their legal troubles thanks to the Montreal front office having a collective stroke.

what a slap in the face to draft that guy to women everywhere. People talk about social media outrage going too far but obviously it's not doing a good enough job if these motherfuckers thought they could get away with this bullshit.

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1418778179146297346?s=21

Bowman: we good now?

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

ok just from an optics perspective having the two people of color standing in the back row isn't great...

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

When the Coyotes drafted a sexpest, didn't they renounce his rights a few days later?

I hope the same happens and Berg gets fired

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

When the Coyotes drafted a sexpest, didn't they renounce his rights a few days later?

I think that happened when it was reported after the selection that the psychopath would attack the autistic kid and slam his head into a wall.. something the Coyotes apparently knew when they drafted him..

I hope some honest newspaper in Montreal contacts the family of the victim and shines a light on how disgusting this guy has behaved.

**am I mis-remembering here? the guy the Coyotes renounced their pick of wasn't a sexpest, it was a dude that was violently abusing and harassing a person with a developmental disability right?

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jul 24, 2021

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What a lot of articles leave out is that what he did is a crime with jailtime, but he only avoided that because apparently you can't charge a non-citizen juvenile.

It wasn't just the picture, but he revealed her identity to people which led to her being harassed.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The news broke in late October, and the Coyotes dropped him 3 days later.

They did know about it when drafting him though.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
The coyotes pick was also using racist slurs at the guy he abused too

What a pathetic person Bergevin is.

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

dunno why everyone is surprised, bergevin loves predator defensemen

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

but seriously fire bergevin

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
yeah the coyotes guy was asked about it in interviews. and they were doing the whole "he was very open about it, is a good young kid who made a mistake, now he and the bullied kid are friends" type poo poo.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Brandon Proust posted:

dunno why everyone is surprised, bergevin loves predator defensemen

https://twitter.com/Habs_76_/status/1418783958850998272?s=19

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/MrBooth07/status/1418778145675612166

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

whatis posted:

Sam Reinhart might have just been traded to Florida