Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:

El Grillo posted:

What the heck would it be about apart from New Spring?
Oh unless they are doing a similar thing to Netflix's awful witcher prequel, like a whole-cloth new story by their terrible writers.

Based on what they put out with the press release: it's that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
https://twitter.com/TheWheelOfTime/status/1679113484888604673?s=20

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

They're gonna color the flows now?

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
Laughing at the placement of the characters in that poster.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Flowing Thot posted:

Laughing at the placement of the characters in that poster.

I really hope that is fan art and not an official poster that someone was paid to create.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is pretty terrible lmao

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Wheel of Time would be improved ten fold if Moiraine was the focus and not Rand. Fan art or not, they're on the right track at least.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
I can't quite work out why that looks so bad. Is the lighting on the faces weird? Or maybe it's the weird disconnect between the big people and the small mountains in the bottom corners or something lol

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

El Grillo posted:

I can't quite work out why that looks so bad. Is the lighting on the faces weird? Or maybe it's the weird disconnect between the big people and the small mountains in the bottom corners or something lol

It's because you hate the show therefore you hate anything to do with it

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I see nothing wrong with that poster, what's off with it?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jimbot posted:

Wheel of Time would be improved ten fold if Moiraine was the focus and not Rand. Fan art or not, they're on the right track at least.

I don't agree but based on interviews with the showrunner I have good news for you

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CainFortea posted:

It's because you hate the show therefore you hate anything to do with it

Brb doing a 3 scale colour grade on a promo poster to justify my hate of the show

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't agree but based on interviews with the showrunner I have good news for you

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of what I read of the first four books overall so whatever changes they make I'd have little to complain about. There are a few things but they already made Thom into a nothing character in the first season so whatever damage they can do can be no worse than that for me.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jimbot posted:

There are a few things but they already made Thom into a nothing character in the first season so whatever damage they can do can be no worse than that for me.

This was their biggest crime I agree

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

IcePhoenix posted:

This was their biggest crime I agree

Specifically giving him a bad song

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

El Grillo posted:

Moraine looks likes stuck in Mortal Kombat attack animation

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Specifically giving him a bad song

That was one of my mother's big complaints. She started watching the show first and was really into it, then listened to the audio versions of the first couple of books in the series and was like "What the gently caress, why did they delete Thom from the story? Are they just idiots?". She's still super into the show though, but she has some notes.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

No backflipping Sam Elliot, no sale

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

El Grillo posted:

It looks just like every streaming show poster tbh.

Also, those mountains are actually pictured full 1:1 scale in the show's version of WoT geography. Maybe even exaggerated.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Shageletic posted:

They're gonna color the flows now?

It would make sense that they would start to color the flows as the characters learned how to channel. It will be great if they're actually going to weave anything, and lame as hell if they're not.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://twitter.com/Rapunzl347/status/1679678906079617025?s=20

Well, maybe not next week anymore.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I wonder if more panels are gonna get cancelled like that now that the actors strike is in full swing. The cast of Oppenheimer literally walked off the red carpet at the premiere of their own movie when the strike notice came down, so this'll probably effect a LOT of things now.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

nine-gear crow posted:

I wonder if more panels are gonna get cancelled like that now that the actors strike is in full swing. The cast of Oppenheimer literally walked off the red carpet at the premiere of their own movie when the strike notice came down, so this'll probably effect a LOT of things now.

Oh I'm sure most of them are about to be cancelled. At least any with actor appearances.

DoctorRobert
Jan 20, 2020

El Grillo posted:

Looks the faces were photoshopped onto mannequins

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

nine-gear crow posted:

Guild actors can't do anything related to un released stuff - no press, no panels, no acting. They can still go to conventions and talk about old stuff.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Mr Beens posted:

Guild actors can't do anything related to un released stuff - no press, no panels, no acting. They can still go to conventions and talk about old stuff.

Nope, they can go to conventions and do autographs and photos, but they can't talk about anything old or new.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mage_Boy posted:

Nope, they can go to conventions and do autographs and photos, but they can't talk about anything old or new.

It sucks because the only things out of ComicCon that I was really looking forward to were the TMNT: Mutant Mayhem and Masters of the Universe: Revolution panels, but it looks like neither of those are gonna happen now. On the other hand, gently caress the greedy corporate studio overlords, I hope the WGA and SAG-AFTRA go to town on their asses.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Mage_Boy posted:

Yeah, I was going off something an actor said about comic con, but he's since corrected that

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Dramatika posted:

Moraine looks likes stuck in Mortal Kombat attack animation

Is this your first introduction to the concept of a picture?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

https://twitter.com/TheWheelOfTime/status/1680940422804414464?s=20

Since there's no panel anymore, they're dropping the trailer this Wednesday morning.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

https://twitter.com/TheWheelOfTime/status/1680940422804414464?s=20

Since there's no panel anymore, they're dropping the trailer this Wednesday morning.

Couldn’t have picked better screen shots I guess lol

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Braids smoothed, skirts tugged, it's time to wheel out The Wheel Of Time trailer.

It's time, in a few hours (of time) anyway.

They'll leave Tom Bombadil out of this one too, I bet.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Trailers out :toot:

https://youtu.be/W-1OT1jxuQo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

that's a pretty good trailer

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I'm gonna make a season 2 thread later today, now that we have a trailer and release date.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

A lot to chew on there, but my first impression is that I'm not a fan of Bald Rand.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

MarcusSA posted:

Couldn’t have picked better screen shots I guess lol

lol. They all have that Tucker Carlson face of constant mild confusion. :v:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
A pretty sweet trailer that...tells me functionally nothing about the season :buddy:

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

A pretty sweet trailer that...tells me functionally nothing about the season :buddy:

This is the no spoilers thread. Can’t reveal too much about what is coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

BrianWilly posted:

I wish more trailers were like this tbqh