Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm the loving scumbag rooting for tj cause his fights were always fun and action packed, but if he loses then he'll never ever live down being exposed as a hack fraud who needed to cheat to win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
My feeling is that they know TJ is still elite and they can probably get a good half dozen championship level fights out of him still. Maybe even get a cejudo rematch at some point.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

I put 10 bux on tj so I'll root for him also

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

beep by grandpa posted:

I'm the loving scumbag rooting for tj cause his fights were always fun and action packed
I'm with you here.

quote:

but if he loses then he'll never ever live down being exposed as a hack fraud who needed to cheat to win
I'm going to have to be devil's advocate here. His improvement from TUF to the Cody fights was pretty meteoric and it's clear he put the work in. I don't think he's a fraud per se but yeah, taking EPO is a total bitch move.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Go for the chaos option: TJ beats Sandhagen then tests positive again.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Go for the chaos option: TJ beats Sandhagen then tests positive again.

This would be funnier than my dream scenario of conor popping after breaking his leg

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

This fight rules

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

beep by grandpa posted:

This fight rules

FOTN so far. Philips is like a mini Pereira

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Some real tired bantams.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
NO ONE CARES THAT YOU GOT RIGHT HOOKED TO THE JAW, I WANA SEE SENSEI SPIRIT!

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009
I think the really negative perception of TJ is really interesting because it's only because he was honest and fessed up to it. If he pretended it was a tainted supplement and then just shut up about it like everyone else does no one would give a poo poo. Like who cares that Andre Ewell on this card tested positive for a PED recently? Who cares that Yair Rodriguez has repeatedly avoided being tested? Who cares, or even knows, that Sean O'Malley recently tested positive for PEDs? Amanda Ribas? Marvin Vettori? Walt Harris? Neil Magny? Mairbek Taisumov? Some of it is that TJ is a very high profile fighter obviously, but I think it's mostly because he admitted to it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol what

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
As EPO is injectable only it wouldn't really fly that it found its way in the local GNC 10 dollar creatine.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm more mad at tj for not heading kicking cejudo into the sun and getting stopped in like 10 seconds than I am at him being a shameful, dishonorable cheater

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

These judges only scoring the last round?

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

No 10-8 for the first is flat out poor judging.

devilmonk
May 21, 2003

TastyAvocado posted:

I think the really negative perception of TJ is really interesting because it's only because he was honest and fessed up to it. If he pretended it was a tainted supplement and then just shut up about it like everyone else does no one would give a poo poo. Like who cares that Andre Ewell on this card tested positive for a PED recently? Who cares that Yair Rodriguez has repeatedly avoided being tested? Who cares, or even knows, that Sean O'Malley recently tested positive for PEDs? Amanda Ribas? Marvin Vettori? Walt Harris? Neil Magny? Mairbek Taisumov? Some of it is that TJ is a very high profile fighter obviously, but I think it's mostly because he admitted to it.

I think it’s because EPO isn’t the type of thing that could have been a tainted supplement or dick pill etc. There’s no question at all that he knew he was cheating.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

TastyAvocado posted:

Wow I didn't realize O'Malley has tested positive twice for Ostarine although the second time was thought to be residual it still resulted in another 6 months suspension on top of the year he had already served.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Le Saboteur posted:

Wow I didn't realize O'Malley has tested positive twice for Ostarine although the second time was thought to be residual it still resulted in another 6 months suspension on top of the year he had already served.

But when it comes to Jones, Novitsky goes on a media tour explaining how picograms work and it's not Jones fault. And Dana doesn't have any pull with usada?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

https://twitter.com/DailyMailCeleb/status/1419034671699087366?s=19

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Digital Jedi posted:

PICTURED: Marc Jacobs, 58, debuts his new face from the comfort of a hyperbaric oxygen chamber

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Free him

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The only thing I'm really angry at TJ about is being willing to scab for Dana re: killing flyweight, but it's gonna be real interesting to see how he looks after all this time

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
And all I had to do was enter my name DILLHO_

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

I can still barely believe TJ lost to Cejudo

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I have never seen a whiter human being in my life

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Shirkelton posted:

And all I had to do was enter my name DILLHO_

TJ needs EPO. Injection plan!

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009

Nierbo posted:

As EPO is injectable only it wouldn't really fly that it found its way in the local GNC 10 dollar creatine.

devilmonk posted:

I think it’s because EPO isn’t the type of thing that could have been a tainted supplement or dick pill etc. There’s no question at all that he knew he was cheating.

Ah, I didn't know that, so that probably explains TJ's reaction, but I meant I find people's reaction to him interesting. Tons of people online calling him a filthy drug cheat, but you rarely hear that stuff about even other high profile fighters who've tested positive like Sean O'Malley or Brian Ortega or whoever.

So maybe people really do buy the tainted supplement excuse, or maybe it's a personality thing and people just really dislike TJ, because to be fair Jones gets a lot of poo poo too.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Nierbo posted:

TJ needs EPO.

Injection plan!

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Hope he keeps the win four, lose one streak going.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

TastyAvocado posted:

So maybe people really do buy the tainted supplement excuse, or maybe it's a personality thing and people just really dislike TJ, because to be fair Jones gets a lot of poo poo too.

Ummm well there's a lot more to despise about JBJ as a reprehensible human being besides popping

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Mostly I just hope TJ is more or less the same because he's really fun to watch and is a really interesting matchup for Sandhagen and Yan.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

That said TJ looks rusty as hell here, but Sandhagen does seem a little uncomfortable.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Def give that first round to TJ but I feel like he's gonna eat another flying knee/head kick and I'm gonna fuckin scream

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Shirkelton posted:

That said TJ looks rusty as hell here, but Sandhagen does seem a little uncomfortable.

Yeah he's lost all of his cruz-inspired movement

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

It's weird seeing Sandhagen's output so low/unfocused, it doesn't really seem like he's building the way he usually does.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

He's not moving on that knee well at all

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
ick what a cut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

That's a terrible cut.