Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

he'll eat you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Bugs (true bugs I think) ?

Nymphs of some sort. I see them hanging out in the morning. Its getting colder, I'm not sure if they can overwinter or if they've got bad luck

join the pile

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

McGavin posted:

Edit: They're probably Large Milkweed Bug (Oncopeltus fasciatus) nymphs.

Yep definitely these, I'd seen the adults earlier in the season, looks like they do overwinter so hopefully the little dudes figure it out

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Robber flies don't really bite people unless you're loving with them? Perhaps it was a horse or deer fly you are thinking of. Or perhaps I do not have comprehensive robber fly knowledge, also quite possible

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I actually had a disney princess moment where I saw a robber fly drowning in a bird bath, fished it out with a stick and resumed weeding, and about 15 minutes later it landed on my chest for a couple moments before taking off. Now I'm wondering if it was instead weighing its chances... :thunk: