Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

This small friend is pretending to be an ant, but she is in fact a spider, Myrmarachne formicaria!

I'm not sure whether it's noteworthy to find her in Ohio.

E: Apparently this is the least notable place to find her in the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

Friendly neighborhood rabid wolf spider, one of my favorites.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

I wish to report a bug.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme
That's a Brown Snake you got there. Garters are more stripey.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

runchild posted:

I honestly thought there was too much striping going on for it to be a DeKay’s brown snake. And I could only find the reddish/orange tongue with a black tip on garters (all the pics of DeKay’s tongues I could find were fully black). But like I said, snake ID is a pain and I’m no herpetologist.

There are a couple of flavors of brown snake around, depending on where exactly you are.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme
So they are!

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

the yeti posted:

Yep. That’s not a super specific designation but I don’t know jack about genus or species level id with them.

https://bugguide.net/node/view/26084/bgimage

Rabid Wolf Spider, a favorite of mine.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

the yeti posted:

I don’t think it’s Rabidosa as they don’t have the big honkin spinnerets and op’s specimen lacks abdomen stripes

Oh true.

Agelenopsis it is, then?

https://bugguide.net/node/view/1891695

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme
Halobates sericeus or a relative?