Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Visited an area known for golden and white-tailed eagles, moose and red deer. None of them showed so I had to make do with smaller critters.

Male black-tailed skimmer

Small tortoiseshell

Common red soldier beetle

Noon fly

European drone fly

White wagtail

European herring gull in a telekinetic battle with a European green crab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Some Lebanese critters from a trip back in October

Roughtail rock agama (maybe)

Laughing dove

a poo poo photo of a black stork (which I was pretty stoked about) flying over some roman ruins

Unknown moth

Western marsh harrier

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Black Redstart being very dramatic on a piece of modern art

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Great shot! Reminded me to post this one:

Thanks! What's the pole bird? I'm thinking crow but the wing has a hint of brown

I call this one "would you PLEASE move away from the backlight so I have even the slightest chance of identifying you" feat. every bird of prey I spotted last week.

they were probably all common buzzards anyway

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Six-spot burnet (very goth)

Large ringlet, maybe?

had to run up and down a few mountains but I found a alpine marmot!

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Probably some of the last butterflies of the year

Small tortoiseshell. Never get tired of these guys, A+ colors

Red admiral

Cabbage white

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

Sorry, I have a gut level reaction to those after years of trying to grow show-quality cabbages. The caterpillars go right through those things if you don't keep ahead of them!

I was always wondering why cabbage whites are so common here without me seeing a single cabbage field in my life, until I realized that canola is a brassica

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

help, my kite is stuck in a tree

(red kite)

also my pheasant is blowing up