Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010
Ah it is clearly the end of the summer as squirrels are turning anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010
Also saw lots of funny looking tits, guess they are molting after raising the kids and before the cold weathers.

Sorbus fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Aug 7, 2021

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010

I think this dude is a robin but not really sure as he is so scruffy.

e. I think it is a common redstart

Sorbus fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Aug 24, 2021

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010

CaptainSarcastic posted:

That doesn't look like a robin to me - beak looks to short and the coloration is wrong.

I find robins weird - like I just don't get them. Jays I get. Crows I get. Hummingbirds I get, Herons I get. Osprey I get. But robins just seem like their behavior is random and I can't get a read on them.

Yeah I think it is a juvenile common redstart and not a robin. Didn't think that at first even though it was what BirdID suggested as I haven't seen that species around before.

I like robins, they are pretty bold but will not pose for pictures as easily as wrens and blackbirds do. Also they are easy to recognize in the woods as they constantly keep that tik-tik-tik sound :)

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010
Went to a birdwatching tower yesterday and saw also an otter swimming around probably fishing or finding frogs.

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010

No shame at all.

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010

this here is a squirrel with snow on its little nose.

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010
Sbarrow

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010

I was going to photograph Moon from the cemetery hill. It was pretty dark and just when I was passing the open grave I heard rustling.. I was expecting Dracula's teeth in my neck but it was just a hare eating flowers.

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010

Found a roe deer's sleeping spot but still haven't seen the deers this year. I saw them about a year ago, dude and two females.

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010
Eurasian hare by Eero Vuorinen, on Flickr

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010
The deers somehow know when I am without my camera and decide to show up :)

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010

Red squirrel eating a bud for breakfast

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010
Hares behind the nearby church do not give a poo poo about humans or dogs when they are munching grass

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010
I was shooting some birds at the cemetery and while I was resting on a bench a red squirrel came to say hi :)

https://imgur.com/DqwdrTO.mp4

Sorbus fucked around with this message at 06:53 on May 26, 2022

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010

Nostalgamus posted:

Fixed the tags. (mp4 need url, not img)

Thanks, fixed.

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010
Visiting Tuscany, saw this strange hedgehog this morning

https://imgur.com/961ObZs.mp4

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010
Wrens rule, in Finnish the species is called "peukaloinen" which basically means "a thumb sized dude".

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010
Saw this raft spider few days ago at a swamp

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010

Four-spotted chaser

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010
This hare was checking out local community vegetable garden thing

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010

The Red Queen posted:

Hares look so PARANOID compared to rabbits.

This one has a good reason to look paranoid - in autumn bow hunters will be around that area.

In other parts of the city hares don't give a poo poo about people or dogs.

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010

bank vole I think

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010
Araneus diadematus

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010
A squirrell:

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010

saw this fella today in the middle of the day, almost in the middle of the city

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010
First time seeing a bee's tongue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010
I learned this year that you shouldn’t leave dog hair brushings outside for birds as long hairs kills chicks if they tangle to it.