Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

my cat is norris posted:

Why's this one so pale? Is it still hardening? Do cicadas come in different colors like this?!

I believe that's how they look immediately after coming out of the pupa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I've beeen doing a bunch of herping in upstate New York with my biology class. Today we went out at night looking for tree frogs and I found this bold lil guy:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=T9_NOxuRyAI

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Cichlidae posted:

And dozens more, but I don't wanna flood the thread with pictures.

What the hell do you think the point of this thread is?? :justpost:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That's definitely a pelican of some kind - cranes and storks don't have webbed feet. Probably a great white pelican as I think that's the only one in the mediterranean.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's heartwarming to see Critterquest diagnose an infestation :3:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

free hubcaps posted:

There are no boring critters and you can never post too much. Those are all adorable, I really wish we had hedgehogs in the US.

I was about to say how the hell can a critter be boring. They're living things and they're out in the world doin stuff, it's amazing.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Some kind of wolf spider I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I didn't get a picture but I have an anecdote this thread might appreciate . I'm living in Atlanta, GA currently, far south from my native NY. Yesterday I found a green anole scurrying around on the steps of my house. I know they're quite common down here but it's funny how excited I got to see my first wild version of something I've only ever encountered in captivity so far.