Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The Duchess of Malfi has a similar goof involving compost and fruit ripening.

The characters are trying to figure out if a noble lady is secretly pregnant, so they figure that if she's pregnant she'll have weirs cravings. They offer her some early apricots which she starts wolfing down immediately, then say 'oh by the way these were quick-ripened in cow manure'.

Since she kept on gobbling them anyway, she was obviously pregnant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

This is the most spidery spider i have seen. It sits at the perfect center of platonic spiderness.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

saw this handsome fellow hanging out. Let me get real close with my phone too

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Spotted this guy. Wrong shade of green for camouflage my dude!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Inspector Hound posted:

I found a squirrel skeleton! Complete, perfectly articulated, and almost completely skeletonized. I want the skull, but how the heck do I clean it properly?

anecdotally I've heard that leaving it on a fire ant nest will do the trick

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

zebra jumping spider?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Inspector Hound posted:

I wonder what kind of money is behind the statement "I have a pet emu"

you fell for the pyramid scheme

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

sexy tiger boobs posted:

No frogs, only Western toads.

Final destination

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

My what?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

black brittlestar maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WrglBuWSK4&t=17s

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Slugworth posted:

I honestly wouldn't have guessed stick insects were present

that's sort of the point

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Alterian posted:

On a walk yesterday I heard a mocking bird do a red shouldered hawk cry.

Makes me think of the AI bird call ID app that would just say 'mockingbird' whenever it wasn't sure

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I was taking my dog out and I saw a deer mouse just wandering in circles in my driveway. It'd occasionally hop, but mostly just ambled in a vaguely circular path. It did this the whole time we were outside. Is that poison, did it get attacked by something and got some sort of brain impairment, or what? Don't like if my neighbors are putting out poisons since it could hurt my dogs.

Baylisascaris roundworm infection can cause that

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Slo-Tek posted:

Good day down at the Snake Road. Final count 20 Cottonmouths, 2 Timber Rattlers, 1 Juvenile Black Rat Snake, 1 Speckled Kingsnake.

And some not snakes:

Wow a zebra swallowtail! Those are rare!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I think the ones that give up on migrating and just live somewhere temperate year-round turn more chill.