Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Come visit Alberta! I can't throw a peanut without hitting a magpie.

Sadly no pictures but I was attacked by an owl on my morning run today. This is the third time it's happened. It felt like someone had tried to grab the hat off my head, then I saw it flying by. It landed on a branch ahead of me and while I was trying to figure out what to do it swooped at me again. Thankfully a well-timed aural attack scared it off (I screamed). No blood but it definitely grabbed my scalp.

Not sure what species as it had more white than all the ones we have up here. Maybe a juvenile or maybe I misperceived it due to the ongoing terror.

Probably a barred owl, they're jerks and attack people down here in Oregon too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Conjunctivitis can cause crusty eyes like that.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Ooh northwestern salamander?

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Nice of you to include eating utensils for them too.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Great Maui pics!

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

No frogs, only Western toads. And a California newt. Probably. Nice pics!

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Fair, like turtles and tortoises. At least if you throw a toad in the water they won't drown.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Yeah I thought that's why they have those crazy long legs, for wrapping up spiders without taking a bite.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Clearly a stubby nose cobra

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

I peed on a stick insect in a creosote bush in the desert in Nevada. Pee on creosote urry day for fun smells and fun insects.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

redshirt posted:

I don't know what to make of this. Why is the biggest of them also the quickest to run?

Similar thing with birds, think they're might be a name for it too. Smaller birds know they can outmaneuver/ outrun you easily so they can afford to be more relaxed. Bigger birds take a bit more time to get moving and could theoretically get caught by a very swift human so they need to take off earlier.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Checkout this fatbutt P. audax! Biggest one I've seen for sure, looked like a carabid beetle from the underside on my window. Must be a gravid(?) female.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

The Red Queen posted:

I tend to forget wolf spider is an actual species name, because in a few places I've lived it's become a shorthand for "scary looking but actually harmless spider." So it'll be ascribed to fishing spiders, grass spiders, nursery web spiders, etc. Medium Brown Spiders, much like Little Brown Birds.

But unlike little and big brown bats. Common names are a land of contrasts.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Here's a fun one. Two bigass bumble bee mimic robber flies getting busy.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Romantic moth in jail visiting hours picture.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Here's a big fat Bedstraw Hawk-moth caterpillar. And it's somewhat less chunky neighbor on my pants so you can admire its horn.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Scarodactyl posted:

Phantom crane flies are fun. Just 5 dots floating eerily in the breeze (they never have all six).

Hey thanks for putting a name to the weird guys I've seen around wetlands in Oregon. Though looks like maybe they're non-native, bummer...

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Your mystery bee looking thing is a fly, can't give you more details than that though.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Dick Bastardly posted:

I really wish I could have a giant jumping spider as a pet tbh, they're so freakin cute!!!

e: Holy crap I just discovered through some cursory internet research that you can, in fact, keep jumping spiders as pets and now I must

P. audax get pretty big (for jumpers) and are plentiful around OR at least. Go get you some

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Probably one of the asian lady beetles, they do that. Have a little w or m mark behind the head?

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Dia de Pikachutos posted:

Apologies to any thread arachnophobes... but I just discovered that facehuggers are real and they live in the grassy shrubs out the back of my workplace.

Here is video proof:
https://imgur.com/ybvuliT

What the heck is that, besides cool as hell?

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Rove beetles don't have elytra, you can see that one folding up it's wings and putting them away. No clue on ID though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Baby cowbirds are so good at begging that they make those lazy parents work hard enough to get everyone?