Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

I was cleaning out my grandma's shed and found this friendly recluse. I gently shoo'd it out of the box with my hand with no issue. The poster a few pages back is right about these guys getting a bad rap. They are neat and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I just tapped on the box to make it run in the opposite direction out of the box. It's fine, I've lived in a house full of these things for years and years and no one is missing any limbs. The main point was it wasn't aggressive. I was more concerned about being bitten by the mice I didn't get a photo of, not that they are aggressive either, but they moved around much faster and more chaotically.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 04:34 on May 8, 2023

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
What kind of spider did I rescue from my cat? They were tangled in hair/dust/cobwebs. I carefully pulled off as much as I can from their legs and let them outside. Location central Alabama.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Yeah same, but some grass spiders look like they could be similar so I was curious. They are super common, this isn't even the first one I've had to rescue.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
This absolute unit landed on me while I was outside at work. I think it's a Royal Walnut Moth.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Who was this hiding behind my weights in central Alabama? Orbweaver or cobweb spider of some kind perhaps. I sent them on their way outside.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Ah. I'd normally let them stay, but if she/he hangs around my weights they will get smooshed and I'll have spider guts on my weights.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I always thought house centipedes were cool critters and I finally got to meet one! Rescued before the cats could gobble it up. Very fast and hard to wrangle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I feel a bit conflicted because they will eat my spider bros. Although if this guy can help keep stinkbugs away when he grows up a bit more, I'll be happy with his services. Do they eat stinkbugs?