Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i just atarted 1 so i won't be playing this for a while op, although 1 kicks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeah, i got a ds copy, the combats super overwhelming but i'll get there. i think ive got to pay no attention to the top screen for a while and just let autoplay do it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

goferchan posted:

This game is loving cool. I'm on day 5 and only now is the combat system really starting to click, it feels button mashy at first but eventually you realize you're much better off by managing the pin cooldowns so they synergize with each other's effects. I like how new gameplay systems keep unlocking what feels like every 5 minutes.

Also even though it's still got the linear structure of the first game theyve included side quests with some really interesting and worthwhile rewards and it seems like the main story missions themselves are a little more open than TWEWY. Like on the last one I did there are a bunch of little puzzles to solve and quests to do in order to fight the boss as usual, but you can also just go fight a very hard version him before finishing any of those, and each one you complete weakens him a little

drat, now youre talkin my language