Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Maybe I got lucky but my hotel in Japan was under $40 a night. I guess the place is owned by a bunch of fascists or something but the propaganda was ineffective on me since at the time I knew 3 words in Japanese. Under 40 and in a city in the US is definitely doable but you're usually rolling the dice on something at that point, while this place was pretty nice.

I didn't actually have any really bad experiences on AirBnB, i just didn't like how stressful it was eventually and it wasn't actually saving that much compared to a hotel. I'd be more inclined to try a hostel out from this point.

But with that said, I did, and health willing will probably again do a lot of pretty low budget travel in the US. It involved sleeping in my car or not sleeping at all for the most part, though, so heads up there. My tip here though is go places where there's BLM land and double check the state's regulation but usually as long as you're a couple thousand feet from the highway you're allowed to camp and I've never been bothered by a park ranger or something by just pulling off into a pullout and going to sleep. This to me was more doable than sleeping at truck stops or rest stops which just never feels comfortable to me, if I can even fall asleep. I guess my "trick" was to have a place to stay so I could get freshened up before the destination, and then just plot a route that intersects with a lot of BLM land for the drive up.

Rick fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Aug 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU